Infinity38 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Infinity38

Marine Name
    Wyatt Powers

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Anthony

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Synthetic Character Story
    Anthony woke up from the cryostasis pod. He blinks a few times to get his eyes used to the environment. Being a neat freak that Anthony is, he would quickly rush to Medbay to grab a pair of sterile latex gloves and wear the sterile mask. In addition to that, he would ask CMO for permission to grab the space cleaner, which the CMO granted.

Before leaving the Medbay, he saw doctors preparing their workplace to receive the wounded. One of the doctors would take out some surgical tools out of the surgical tray on the table and leave blood bags on the floor next to IV drips. Anthony saw this and said, �Hello doctor, you shouldn�t place surgical tools outside of the surgical tray when not using them. Leaving the blood bags on the floor is a bad idea. It is unhygienic to do that.� The doctor replied, �But it is more convenient for me.� Anthony then asked, �Are the lives of your patients more important or being convenient?�. The doctor kept quiet and followed the proper regulations. After that, he would take a shower in the Extended Mission Bunks Bathroom to wash himself off any germs. The germs could be transferred to humans even though it cannot survive on the synthetic�s skin.

Following that, Anthony would say �Good Morning� in the Command Channel and ask where he would be needed.

�Anthony, I need you to help the MT to fix the fusion reactors. He�s the only Engineering staff that awoke from cryosleep.� The Commanding Officer ordered. �Understood.� Anthony replied.

Anthony would grab an orange hazard vest, a pair of insulated gloves and hard hat to wear before entering the Engine Room. Once Anthony reached the Engine Room, he saw some of the WL-6 fuel cell on the floor while the rest were on the table. Additionally, he saw some of the tools lying around, glass shards and oil spills on the floor. Anthony shook his head and thought to himself, �What a mess. These are safety hazards that could cause injuries or even death.� Anthony quickly cleaned up the oil spill on the floor with the space cleaner and wiped it dry with a cloth. He would then grab a trash bag from the Custodial Closet and place the glass shards into the trash bag before disposing the contents into the disposal unit. After that, he would return the tools on the floor back to the mechanical toolbox. Lastly, he puts the fuel cells back on the table and neatly tidied them.

The MT saw the Synthetic doing this and asked, �Hey Anthony, do you know you have OCD?�. Anthony shook his head and replied, �No, I�m simply organizing everything up to adequate regulations.� The Maintenance Technician sighs and starts repairing the reactors on the lower half of the Engine Room while Anthony starts fixing the upper half.

After 5 minutes, all the fusion reactors are fixed and running at full power. �I�m done with repairing the fusion reactors. Where am I needed now?� Anthony asked over the Command Channel.

�Excellent work, Anthony. We do not need your help for the time being.� The Commanding Officer replied.

�Okay.� Anthony replied with a monotone voice.

Whenever Anthony completed his duties assigned to him, he would spray himself clean with the space cleaner. Following that, he would patrol the U.S.S Almayer until someone requires his assistance over the channels.

When Anthony reached south Briefing area while patrolling, he saw many Underslug Grenade Launchers and USCM satchels. He shook his head again and sighed. He thought to himself, �Why can�t the marines tidy up after themselves and make the place look neat and tidy? If the place looks neat and tidy, it helps and keep everyone productive. This also enhances safety as it�s possible to trip over the items lying on the floor.�

Anthony would carry all the USCM satchels and restock them back into the ColMarTech automated armaments vendor in the Requisitions. As for the UGL attachments, he would place all of it into his USCM satchel and restock them back into Armat Systems Attachment Vendor.

As Anthony was tidying up and taking trips to and from south Briefing area and Requisitions, the Requisition Officer noticed this and asked Anthony, �Hello Anthony, do you have OCD?�.

Anthony shakes his head and replied, �No, I�m simply just organizing and tidying everything up to adequate regulations.�

�Adequate regulations?� The RO asked.

Anthony replied, �Have you heard of OSHA regulations?�

The RO replied, �Oh, the OSHA regulations! Were you an OSHA synthetic?�

Anthony nods his head and replied, �Yes, I worked under OSHA before being transferred over here.

The RO then replied, �No wonder you want to keep everything organized and clean.�

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I would play Anthony as a synth who is a neat freak that organizes and cleans everything up to the adequate OSHA regulations. Anthony would be the serious type that will often remind the ship personnel about the importance of hygiene and how safety always come first. Some examples are washing hands before doing a surgery would reduce infection chances, leaving items on the floor could cause one to trip and the risk of slipping on wet floors with no sign.

I enjoy playing medical roles the most but I still can do the rest of the support aspects when needed.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    I'm most familiar with Medical after clearing all my doubts and questions. I'm alright with chemistry too. I also played engineer a few times to be familiar with engineering again - fixing APCs etc. I can play RO/CT and SO quite decently as well.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I find myself as a decent roleplayer and lowpop rounds in CM are common for me as my timezone is GMT+8. This means that there would be a lack of support aspects like Req/Command/Medical/Engineering. I believe that being a synthetic would useful in that situation as it's possible to fill it up with a synthetic. Additionally, I feel that I could make lowpop rounds in CM more enjoyable and interesting for everyone by being a synthetic as some people find lowpop rounds in CM boring and not play during lowpop hours. Hopefully, this would make more people to play in lowpop rounds as the lacking support roles would be filled with a Synthetic.
    I feel that the marines and xenomorphs do not have much opportunities to roleplay and interact with each other as both parties want to kill each other or sometimes for xenomorphs, they would capture the marines.
    As a Synthetic, I believe that it would be easier to roleplay and interact with the xenomorphs because a Synthetic could understand any foreign languages they encounter and eventually learn to speak the language. As a result of this, a Synthetic would know how the xenomorph hivemind works and thinks.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by Infinity38; 01-05-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A synth whose quirk is appreciating cleanliness, alright. Will you be hung up on OSHA regulation such as OPIM in the medbay, and proper equipment storage? Also, good grammar and spelling, it goes a long way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The tense you wrote this story in not good, to be honest. It makes it hard to read the story, not that the story was bad. I think it showed your quirk fine and the quirk itself is also alright. The rest of the application is bare, I would have liked more in the sessions "How do you intend to play your Synth?" and "Why should we whitelist you?".

I've seen you play in game and you've been grinding out the support roles in preparation for this app, so I gotta commend you on that. You also seem motivated to get the role from what I've seen. I haven't taken notice of your RP itself, so someone else is gonna have to confirm that.

Expand a bit on your synths personality, what is he like? He likes it clean, but what else?

Changing to a +1 based on the added text and answers.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 01-06-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    A synth whose quirk is appreciating cleanliness, alright. Will you be hung up on OSHA regulation such as OPIM in the medbay, and proper equipment storage? Also, good grammar and spelling, it goes a long way.
    Not really. Being hung up on means constant worrying about it and Anthony being a synthetic means that he would not feel worried. However, Anthony will still display a worried face.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmare View Post
    The tense you wrote this story in not good, to be honest. It makes it hard to read the story, not that the story was bad. I think it showed your quirk fine and the quirk itself is also alright. The rest of the application is bare, I would have liked more in the sessions "How do you intend to play your Synth?" and "Why should we whitelist you?".

I've seen you play in game and you've been grinding out the support roles in preparation for this app, so I gotta commend you on that. You also seem motivated to get the role from what I've seen. I haven't taken notice of your RP itself, so someone else is gonna have to confirm that.

Expand a bit on your synths personality, what is he like? He likes it clean, but what else?

Neutral for now.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by Infinity38; 01-03-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story isn't bad per say, and the quirk is fine.
    I've seen around in different roles, so I have a few questions.

1. You are assisting an engineer in the reactor room when suddenly there is an accident and he's injured. You notice he isn't wearing an orange vest or hard hat. He's screaming help me help me! How would Anthony react to this?

2. You are in the research lab and have carefully itemized every instrument and sorted them in a proper place. A researcher comes in, starts taking the instruments moving them to different spots, throwing them around, and laughing at you. How would you react to this?

3. You are assisting planetside at the FOB and you have three marines wounded. The XO who says his leg is broken, a medic who is gasping and studdering, and a PFC who suddenly goes into cardiac arrest. How would you handle this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Vampmare said, your story isn't bad.

I'd like to see your answer regarding his question and mine as well.

We've got someone with such quirk, doesn't play that much, but yeah.

Tell me, why should we whitelist you, the real reason behind this app, why do you want to play as a synth?

Neutral for now.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got anyone to vouch for your competence at support?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    The story isn't bad per say, and the quirk is fine.
    I've seen around in different roles, so I have a few questions.

1. You are assisting an engineer in the reactor room when suddenly there is an accident and he's injured. You notice he isn't wearing an orange vest or hard hat. He's screaming help me help me! How would Anthony react to this?

2. You are in the research lab and have carefully itemized every instrument and sorted them in a proper place. A researcher comes in, starts taking the instruments moving them to different spots, throwing them around, and laughing at you. How would you react to this?

3. You are assisting planetside at the FOB and you have three marines wounded. The XO who says his leg is broken, a medic who is gasping and studdering, and a PFC who suddenly goes into cardiac arrest. How would you handle this?
    Answers:

1) Anthony would patch him up first then remind him that wearing an orange safety vest and a hard hat is very important for safety purposes. Anthony would explain to the engineer that wearing the orange safety vest improves visibility and a hard hat protects the head from injuries.

2) Anthony would tell the researcher to stop it and t explain that throwing the instruments around could potentially cause harm to others and break the instruments. Anthony would also explain that moving the items to different spots might make it hard for the CMO and other researchers to find the instruments for usage. After that, Anthony would sanitize the instruments first and check whether it's broken. Anthony would then organize the instruments back to where they were.

3) I would quickly feed the PFC an inaprovaline pill, peridaxon pill, dexalin pill, tramadol pill and splint his chest. I would do the same thing for the medic and ask both of them to evacuate back to Almayer for surgery. I believe the medic know what to do to keep himself/herself and the PFC alive while waiting for evacuation. As for the XO, I would splint his leg and feed him a tramadol pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    As Vampmare said, your story isn't bad.

I'd like to see your answer regarding his question and mine as well.

We've got someone with such quirk, doesn't play that much, but yeah.

Tell me, why should we whitelist you, the real reason behind this app, why do you want to play as a synth?

Neutral for now.
    Lowpop rounds in CM are common for me as my timezone is GMT+8. This means that there would be a lack of support aspects like Req/Command/Medical/Engineering. I believe that being a synthetic would useful in that situation as it's possible to fill it up with a synthetic. Additionally, I feel that I could make lowpop rounds in CM more enjoyable and interesting for everyone by being a synthetic as some people find lowpop rounds in CM boring and not play during lowpop hours. Hopefully, this would make more people to play in lowpop rounds as the lacking support roles would be filled with a Synthetic.
    I feel that the marines and xenomorphs do not have much opportunities to roleplay and interact with each other as both parties want to kill each other or sometimes for xenomorphs, they would capture the marines.
    As a Synthetic, I believe that it would be easier to roleplay and interact with the xenomorphs because a Synthetic could understand any foreign languages they encounter and eventually learn to speak the language. As a result of this, a Synthetic would know how the xenomorph hivemind works and thinks.
    Last edited by Infinity38; 01-04-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so, the story is alright, the quirk is alright, your answers seem good to me, I have seen you as medic a few times, and you have a lot of posts on the discord which tells me you have been playing the game for quite a while.

Since everyone else has been staying neutral on this, I'll try to take a stand and say 1+ I think we could make this work.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got only one problem, it's the way you wrote the story.

Saw you playing recently, I believe that you're capable of RPing. One of the most important things here, is that you were really active on Discord, saw you multiple times talking in the whitelist channel, I really expected a bit more, but you answer to my question is okay. I'll just mention that last part about talking with benos, I'd say to not risk yourself, don't chase a runner just because you want to RP that you're learning it's language, and remember! You're to learn their language, it's supposed to take a considerable amount of time, use only words that you've heard already.

Anyway, I'm willing to give you a shot. Good Luck! +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.