User Tag List

Thread: Queens, what is your threshold for "Taking the L" when it comes to Survivors?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queens, what is your threshold for "Taking the L" when it comes to Survivors?

What I mean is how many xenos have to die before they're "Persona non grata" and you cut your losses and tell your hive to stop going after them? Like earlier today in Trijent, Linne Listless and Evan Stelf killed at least 6 xenos, some being warriors and such. Is there a point to where you take the L, or is it the principle of the matter?
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to minimize early xeno deaths pretty hard, but even so the number for me is around 3 deaths before I order xenos to ignore survivors.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any loss is not worth it. You are losing massive evo/upgrade time to stop the unga rush.

As runner I kill all survivors that I cant capture without minimal effort to keep other xenos from dying to them.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll let the entire hive die, honestly.

If they fail that bad, we don't deserve the win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killing even one xeno is a huge success for marines and a loss for xenos.

Synth survivors can easily kill 2 if they're super smart about it and they can be revived, so smart xenos usually try convince them to be neutral,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    survival of the fittest, if the runners are tards then do you really want them as your ravager core.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some survivors there is no point capping like Evan and musteef as they will typically kill them selves and more importantly kill tons of sisters. There other survivors like that and sometimes you get lucky on the mentioned but when you see a known robust player prepare for trouble. Otherwise if the survivors look like they doing a death squad approach, roaming around or setting traps to kill xenos then just group a nice amount of 5-10 xenos and bum rush them, that will do it unless they have a flamer. If flamer exists with them deny slashing and screw attacking the group, never worth it to attack flamers

Edit also that trijent round they repaired the sensor array and all the pumps marine victory under 50 min... I mean why that happen was lack of scouting by xeno and lack of counter attack until marines basically entered the labs but still. On trijent got to protect that tower or gg xenos
    Last edited by Pigeon; 08-31-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I see Muneef. I just tell them to not even try and gg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deal with Survivors in a very methodical way:

1. Disable slashing

2. Tell everyone if they try to capture Survivors they are getting de-evoed

3. wait until every Smallhost is captured

4. Tell everyone to group up in a deathball and go after the survivors

If it's too late and we don't manage to capture any, well that's that. If I think it's worth it, I might even de-evo and personally screech their barricade to get those juicy captures, as I am a very big fan of early de-evos.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetr View Post
    I deal with Survivors in a very methodical way:

1. Disable slashing

2. Tell everyone if they try to capture Survivors they are getting de-evoed

3. wait until every Smallhost is captured

4. Tell everyone to group up in a deathball and go after the survivors

If it's too late and we don't manage to capture any, well that's that. If I think it's worth it, I might even de-evo and personally screech their barricade to get those juicy captures, as I am a very big fan of early de-evos.
    That's a Queen I can respect.