lmwevil - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Lmwevil

Marine Name
    Tess Greed/Karen

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Maika�ati

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Neeeegatory, haven't been banned in years on any.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, doing my best to memorize it.

Yautja Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

4 page google document describing her becoming Blooded.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...jY21erkZk/edit

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    She acts with a revelry of everything life brings at her, desiring to praise Chiyte whom she holds dear.

On a round by round basis I'd play her to her character, long drawn out battles with taking all the potential and pain she can from her prey. I can give examples if requested.

Most of all I believe that Predators in the round exist to create interesting stories. A death of a player should be meaningful and a process both parties can enjoy throughout the round instead of just being dead. I completely understand that these stories do involve removing other people so I'll do my best to make them enjoyable and something to chat about after.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is an accepted challenge, a one versus one where they either use fists or a blade/melee weapon each. It is a show of great respect to be given this. Additionally I understand most one versus one fights are in fact not the high honor challenges with their stringent rules.

A hunt is finding a worthy prey, generally best if it's someone above their peers for a true challenge, using tools at their disposal in whatever hunting method they prefer. Although cloak killing is out the window and ranged weapons. (Disincluding thrown)

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    With a degree of comradery, and a sense of grim humour. Observing their hunts and providing dialog, input and RP with whatever their chosen diety is.

Sharp anger the moment they declare that Chiyte is a weak deity, or challenge her hunting capacity.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I honestly just really want to build my writing capacity in a new way, give players on CM some really fun stories to talk about and enjoy an entirely different and unique method of roleplaying.

I also understand in some ways it's basically Observer+ and that's fine.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you around loads. Karen is the unofficial badmom.

One question : You are conversing with a group of 10 marines and they all start making fun off the fact that you pray to something. What do you do ?
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    I've seen you around loads. Karen is the unofficial badmom.

One question : You are conversing with a group of 10 marines and they all start making fun off the fact that you pray to something. What do you do ?
    Don't bully Karen, she was called a bin recently ok.

Anyway, she would likely do some intimidation such as a roar or similar act then vanish. They're still lower life regardless of the respect she has for them, additionally they're 10 players even if you did win and engage them. Killing 10 players out of a round over heckling is stupid, and goes against what I want to do as a pred anyway. Though spook stalking the guy who started it just to put him on edge may be something she'd do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm I like your answer. I'm convinced you are a capable RP'er and will bring good to the role. My vote is a +1
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about Nicksone, but I believe personally that�s a good response.

As far as the application goes, I highly approve. Besides being well written, it goes into depth about the characters�s gimmick and how they would apply it not only to xenos or marines... but both. There�s an abundance of subtle mentions or understanding of knowledge I see thats shown in the story as well. For example, it goes into how their character when confronted over their chosen deity reacts with temperate anger. This to me shows both temperance on the player�s part yet at the same time understanding of Yautja honor beyond simple code. There�s other subtleties as well but I enjoyed that bit in particular.

This knowledge of subtle pieces of code and honor outside the code is further seen for example in their understanding of Honor Duels. Specifically, their understanding and recognition that a 1v1 doesn�t necessarily mean it�s an honor duel.

To simplify this all of you don�t want to read the above:

I enjoy the app, writing, story and approve of the answers. The player isn�t a shitter and understands RP as evidenced both by their story, intended gimmick, and whitelist as synthetic. The answer to Nicksone as well seems well thoughtout AND the smart, reasonable, honorable choice which remains within gimmick.

This player would be a good addition to the whitelist.

+1

Edit: when I was writing this - Nicksone hadn�t responded yet.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 08-31-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concept overall, I enjoy as it is something unique and I can't remember the last time someone used Chiyte as their Goddess so this will bring something new to the table I would hope.

Its gonna be a +1 of course and we already spoke on discord about this concept and some Necron stuff but yeah, I wish you luck and can't wait to meet you on the Hunting Grounds.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love playing MP with her. She can hold a character very well.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't ask me why I'm voting here.

She's a very good RP'er and Karen is one of the most pleasant synths to have around. The story is great and the quirk is new and interesting; It can also lead to fun applications.

+1, can't wait to e-tool you to death.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was good talking to you about the app, you were receptive to ideas and help and polished up what needed to be perfectly. Storys good, well written and feels fresh +1 kiddo
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though the description you gave me of your predator made it sound like a masochist, I'm gonna give you a +1 because your story was enjoyable and you're a good person.