Ofna - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Ofna01

Marine Name
    Jocelyn 'Sweets' Unk

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Tal'clar

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No recent bans, no current bans AFAIK.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, have it bookmarked.

Yautja Character Story
    "How unfortunate...Nothing worthy of my time."

A figure, cloaked in a mysterious veil of light bent to his own will, rumbled quietly to himself. Tal'clar had been watching a skirmish between what appeared to be two factions of humans, hellbent on killing and maiming each other for reasons he didn't know, or really care to. Nimbly lowering himself off the branch he'd perched on to peer from above, he calmly scanned the battlefield, peering between the rows and rows of men, scanning for actions worth his attention. Men dying, crying and cowering in fear were all he saw at a glance. Nothing worthy of his hunt, not worth the effort it'd take to approach, let alone engage. These men weren't worthy. He rumbled to himself with displeasure, cursing their cowardice.

'The hell was that?'

He paused briefly, quickly locating the voice. A nearby, what he guessed was a young male, was peering into the jungle with a wary look, a rifle held at the ready. Tal'clar stared at the man silently, restraining a growl, confident in the cloaking technology he was so accustomed to using. After a moments silence, the human turned his attention back to the fight, glancing over to the man to his left with an uneasy look in his eye.

'I dunno man, I keep hearing some shit. Fuckin' CLF flanking around us or somethin'?'

``We already cleared that goddamn place, I told you. Now, I ain't here to listen to your shit, Perks! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AN AND FOCUS!``

Tal'clar crept back into the jungle after a moments pause, climbing back up to his perch and settling back to watch. Despite the lack of worthy prey, he was finding the battle...entertaining, almost. To see how those with lesser technology and strength overcome their weakness, even if only to fight each other.

"Nothing worthy, yet..."

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a low, quiet snap of a twig below the tree he had settled in, followed by a near-silent hiss. Glancing down, his interest was piqued. A Serpent, long and a deep red, had crept up nearby and was examining the line of distracted soldiers. Tal'clar watched silently from his perch. It was unaware of him seemingly, at least for the moment, and as such he had no reason to interfere. He was more interested in the battle, and the Serpent could easily be tracked down as an alternate prize if needed. Perhaps it was a way for the humans to prove themselves worthy, after all.

'I'm tellin' you man, there's somethi- HOLY FUCK!'

The human barely had time to complete his sentence before the beast pounced upon the distracted soldier directly next to him, clawing at the unaware man and cleaving off a hand and arm with ease before dragging the victim screaming into the jungle with startling speed. The rest of the humans scrambled away in terror, having only witnessed a blur of blood, teeth, and claws before seeing a fellow man seemingly up and vanish.

'The fuck are you guys doing? GET AFTER HIM!'

The man who'd noticed Tal'clar sprinted after the beast, firing his rifle wildly into the dense woods as he followed the screams, but was not followed by any compatriots. Tal'clar stood and nimbly began to hop from tree to tree to keep pace, interested in where this would lead.

'Fuck fuck, where the FUCK?!'

Perks came to a stop after a good ten minutes of running full tilt blindly into the jungle. The screaming had stopped, as well as the trail of blood he'd been using to track the beasts movements. Nothing. He sighed, kneeling and opening his pack, grabbing his canteen and hastily uncapping it, taking a deep drink. As he recapped it, he froze, hearing a rustling behind him. Without hesitation he scrambled for his rifle just as he was hit by what felt like a freight train of force from behind, sending him sprawling and tumbling through the underbrush. He scrambled to his feet, hand moving to the holster at his hip just as the red creature jumped at him again, firing a shot from his revolver wildly into the trees as he was knocked onto his back, pinned by the beast. The serpent hissed, clawing at his chest and carving a deep gash into it, causing him to scream in pain and wrench his arm from under it, pressing the barrel of the revolver against its side and firing, scalding his hand and arm with acidic blood as the creature let out a roar, slashing at him again, cutting his arm down to the bone. He fired again, and again, the beast recoiling away and letting out a deep, primal growl as it prepared to pounce for a third time. He raised his revolver, shakily aiming at what he assumed to be its head with his ruined, shaking arm and pulling the trigger.

Click!

He froze, dropping the revolver and pulling the machete he'd been issued to clear brush from his hip, backing up all the while. Much to his surprise, the beast hissed, but wasn't...looking at him. He kept backing up before he bumped into something he swore wasn't there just moments ago. He stood stock still, keeping his eyes on the strange lizard creature, not wanting to give it even a moment to strike without a chance to retaliate.

"Worthy."

Perks didn't even have time to turn before he was shoved with incredible force, slamming him into the base of a nearby tree with a resounding thud, knocking him unconscious instantly.

Tal'clar stood in front of the Serpent, his wristblades at the ready. A wounded beast, nothing more. Not his prey. The creature hissed again, acidic blood pouring from the holes in its side before leaping towards the Yautja. He simply raised an arm to protect himself, claws digging deeply into his forearm before he slammed the blade deep into the creatures chest and twisted, lifting it upwards. It hissed and gurgled, dripping a green foam from its mouth before going still.

"You've assisted me in finding my prey. You've served some use."

He slid the deceased Serpent off his weapon, letting it fall to the ground with a thud. He grabbed the creature by its tail, dragging it into some nearby underbrush and knelt down, carving symbols and phrases into the beast, those of the God of Hunt, Paya.

"Paya, God of the Hunt, I thank you for this chance to prove my worth, to myself and to my bretheren. I thank you for providing for me, and allowing me to take as many trophies as I have. May my hunts be ever successful, my aim ever true, and my blades ever honed. Protect this prey so it may recover its strength, and prove itself to be a worthy foe."

He stood, retracting his blades and turning to the unconscious human. In the state he was in, he wouldn't prove much of a challenge. That wouldn't do.

``Goddamn PERKS, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?``

Tal'clar stood, activating his cloaking device and scaling a nearby tree, being sure to note the name this human seemed to have been given. He would wait. The challenge would be much greater when this...Perks was at his full strength. He crouched on the branch, watching a small team of three humans arrive on the scene.

"I found him! What...Holy fuck, PERKS did this? Really?"

One of the humans said incredulously, staring at the Serpent, eyes wide. Tal'clar allowed himself a quiet chuckle, amused at the reaction. They were an interesting species, tenacious and unpredictable. With luck, they would provide him his greatest challenge yet. He stood, watching the team pick up the injured Perks and carry him off, watching carefully.

"Rest and recover. Then, we test your worth."

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Calm and calculating, determined to find a worthy hunt, no matter how long the search takes. Holds a special interest in humans for their tenacity and strategic brilliance. Stays silent and unseen until one worthy is found. Tends to adopt a more passive method, picking either one or two he feels are worthy and observing them for long periods. If his prey he's deemed worthy is threatened, however, he will attempt to intervene to preserve the prey. Hopes to convince fellow Yautja that his method of the hunt is truly superior, and may overstep in an attempt to do so.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An Honor Duel is a battle between a willing combatant deemed worthy and a Yautja. No ranged weapons are to be used in a duel under any circumstances, nor cloaking. Those in Duels must be equally prepared. Hunts do not hold these restrictions, as they're reserved for prey deemed unworthy of an honor duel, and as such Yautja are permitted to use their full arsenal as they see fit.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Assistance in deciding what may be worthy or not, discussing what they find to make a prey worth the hunt, possibly discussing previous hunt.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I'd like to be whitelisted in order to help develop a more positive reputation towards Preds as a whole, and push myself to improve my own RP through experience.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1. Simply because you failed one of the base questions. You do not know what the hunt contains in full detail.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but you've abysmally messed up your understanding of the Honor Code's explanation of Honor Duels and Hunts.

I'm also not in favor of some of your other key answers.

If you have any questions or seek help, please see whitelisted-app-help.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Answers it sorry. -1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right... Gonna be a -1 from me aswell.

Things to Improve:

Study the Honor Code more to know exactly the difference between a Hunt and a Honor Duel.

Read over Accepted apps to get a grasp of what the answer should look like (However do not steal their answers or else you will be immediately disqualified)

Playstyle.. Preserving the Prey you deemed worthy but are not hunting should not occur, they are more worthy if they can survive the threat than to be saved by a Hunter. - If you are hunting them however, it is fine as the others are interfering with the hunt.

Use the Whitelist-app-help on the discord if you are troubled as anyone is welcomed.

Better Luck next time.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything has been said about this application. -1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As above. A lack of understanding of the honor code shown. Not quite yet ready for the role. I have no idea who you are, which in itself is not a bad thing nor held against you, but it also means any good roleplay and trust of you as a player is not there.

Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I have to deny this, But I think this one had some real promise.

I am aware your a good roleplayer, so the only thing you need to work on is your story and take just a tad bit more time on the honor code.

So go ahead and msg me on discord if you want help, Go ahead and look at whitelist app help and

Apply back in a month or two.