Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny, Embarrassing, and General OMG Moments

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    Official Status of CIC

So basically the below picture is a ghost-taken screenshot of CIC after 3-4 Predators assaulted in it a bid to retrieve a lot of gear. One predator's last estimate of the amount was 13 entire articles (the equivalent of around 2 Predators). Additionally, we had the bodies. Long story short, they assaulted CIC three times. The first time the Captain beat off the assault, personally killed one predator, and ended up barricading in CIC with several Staff Officers and a few MPs. The last assault was more brutal. The equivalent of around 10-20 marines (3 Battered Squads) were called up and the Predators actually got into CIC. They took one body of a Predator and blew it up I believe but we managed, through further killings and fighting, to hold onto 3 other bodies of Predators + 2 Predators worth of gear. Lots of marines were killed and most MPs as well (virtually non perma-dead), and the Captain barely held on for a long time with a pierced lung. He even had to put on an Oxygen tank and mask to barely stand without succumbing to the wounds. Eventually he had to get medical help and the marines secured CIC.

CIC Post-Battle

This operation was further astounding as while this occurred we were fighting on the ground around 17 xenos. We had previously had them at 14. Anyways, after quite a bit of effort on everyone's part, we slowly but surely whittled the enemy down through a variety of Marine Asssault, Marine Fallbacks (to the FOB even), and Marine Counter-Assaults. We ended up winning this operation. It was amazing.

End of Round Situation?
    • Almost Four Hours Spent.
    • 1 Xeno Hive Killed in entirety.
    • 4 Dead Predators/ 1 Early SSD'd in the round on their ship so the other 1 ended up having to leave the Almayer (Honor Code Rules).
    • 3 Yautja Bodies Recovered Intact
    • 2 Yautja Bodies Worth of Gear Recovered Intact
    • 1 Battered CIC. 1 BE of Corporate Liason Leon Gallagher (LEON, if you're reading this, I feel bad over that BE but � had to do it. The notepad fucked you over and was the final straw. Otherwise I might've ended up letting you go, albeit likely with a condition or under arrest.)
    • 1 Execution of PFC Boris Romanov (I think that's the name).
    • 9,000$ in bribes taken by Cpt. Devereaux
    • 1 Reputation Intact: Cost = 9,000$ in "Blood Money Bribes" + a harmless lie to the CMP
    • 1 Battered CIC
    • 1 OB expended
    • Defcon 2. All abilities expended pointwise for more Tank Supplies and troops.
    • A FUCKTON of Legitimate, albeit mostly not elaborated on, medals mainly for killing the Screecher, assisting shipside against the Predators, or just fighting excellently and being recommended by Lieutenants or SLs.

....I really need to finish up that Predator guide for how to ACTUALLY reclaim gear from the Alamayer. Was stealth ever actually attempted or did they more or less run Mandible-first into hostile territory?
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    ....I really need to finish up that Predator guide for how to ACTUALLY reclaim gear from the Alamayer. Was stealth ever actually attempted or did they more or less run Mandible-first into hostile territory?
    I was VERY active on all comms (monitoring wise) and a Delta Pfc reported seeing hostile humanoids at the LZ. I clarified which one and he reported it ship side. Three seconds later he yells, "ITS THE CLOAKERS" or something like that and I move us to Blue, Lockdown CIC, open the armories and the, following all that, set the Alert to Red. All my MPs also armed up and reported immediately to CIC. The first assault of preds mainly occurred around research. We actually fought them off too with only a few MPs and ship crew. At one point they got in CIC, but it was only one and he realized he was in a shitty situation - couple MPs, a CO and at that - a CO who can and did lock down CIC and promptly relift it. He ended up leaving CIC and I locked it again with no more preds inside.

They ended up going back into stealth mode and regrouping and planning a pincer. Very stealthily too I might add. The overall plan was more or less ruined though because they weren't aggressive enough in using melee, instead they got into a firefight. Additionally, the gear they were after was in the armories. Instead of shooting through the outside walls to enter the armories they tried fighting through the central CIC room to get to the shutters and then blow those up. A foolish mistake. Cost them a couple lives too. Didn't help I ended up, along with first responders, overwhelmed and kept calling for marines (to the point of requesting 3 battered squads - Charlie, Bravo, Delta) to come and save us and keep CIC out of the invaders' hands.

Preds ended up basically having to fight very motivated marines who knew they were going against predators in a confined space. The ones that weren't mobile or very robust ended up dying. Only 1 predator of the assault got away with their life.

Counting it, 9 of those medals are for actions against predators. That's just the names that I saw. There was easily another 10-20 marines involved.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 07-20-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos theory's a bitch.

But at least I got something out of it.
    Last edited by Sora9567; 07-26-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just Check the Signature
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spetr; 07-27-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that THE "RANDOLPH P CHECKERS"? tex himself?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PO just tried to cover the retreat of delta with a strafing run. Hit everyone retreating instead. 13 people died.

Pretty awesome.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got all hopped up on caffeine.

While on the dropship Riggs started to disarm me, so I shoved her. She then hit me with her helmet so punches started flying. Multiple people fighting, me running around.

Ended when the spec pointed his fucking ROCKET launcher at me, which was apparently loaded.

It went off "during our struggle" and killed a bunch of people on the dropship.

I didnt think the fool would have had it loaded... Sorry mods!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is more me failing as an MP one round, a civilian survivor came up to the Almayer (it was a late night round), and asked to be given access to marine weapons and equipment. I denied the request, but a superior staff officer overruled it and gave his ID access to the prep rooms, effectively recruiting the guy despite my protests. But I felt powerless to stop them as I couldn�t find anything in the marine law handbook that forbid it.

It wasn�t until much later that I found under S.O.P. Rulebook that civilians can�t be recruited into the USCM. I facepalmed and realized I should have charged the officer with failure to follow procedure, but crime sadly prevailed that day.
    Last edited by Jonesome; 08-22-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently my boxing arena got popular. I'm editing the recording now, I'll post it once it's done.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, so before anyone says anything, the reason why I was wearing heavy armor the entire time was that when I'm LITERALLY surrounded by dudes with guns who see me as a walking lootbox, taking armor off = bad idea.

As for why I whipped out the armor and combistick when Juro pulled out the baton, I saw that as the signal for marines to "Go in". That wasn't the case apparently, but after ol' Rex Texas opened fire, Operation GTFO was in full effect.