User Tag List

View Poll Results: Remove/replace Corporate Liaison?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 45.97%
  • No

67 54.03%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do we really need the Corporate Liaison anymore?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    How do you find this out without deliberately asking admins who may not answer or being a mod/admin?
    > U wake up in the morning
    > Make Uself some coffe
    > Feel dead inside
    > Turn on Computer to watch memes
    > Feel less dead inside.png
    > Go into cm-ss13.com
    > Reads staffmeme response
    > Monitor turns black?!?
    > Discord app launches itself
    > They did it again... They fucking again force you to use discord

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean............

He's not wrong though.

Discord is a good way to get to know members of the community. I was a baldie at one point too, and I learned who the good people to fax were before I ever became staff. Dchat is also a good place to do that. Discussions about stuff like that pop up every so often.

Also, this one's a little more subtle, but there's a few CL posts on the forums here. The staff that are pretty consistently involved in those sorts of posts probably have an interest in CL. And if they have an interest in CL... well, do the math.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you remove CL. It's literally nothing but an RP role, it has no effect on the game if people don't let them have an effect.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make them semi-antag. whitelist the role if you need to. have them mess with/bribe the io's to hand over intel to them to build their own personal little defcon type thing that features unlocking pmc guns+ammo to give to good little stooges who bring the nice cl more intel stuff, then pmc calls, then deathsquad call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    make them semi-antag. whitelist the role if you need to. have them mess with/bribe the io's to hand over intel to them to build their own personal little defcon type thing that features unlocking pmc guns+ammo to give to good little stooges who bring the nice cl more intel stuff, then pmc calls, then deathsquad call.
    Thats dumb and I wish this idea would stop being suggeted. If you make them any degree of antag they will be shutdown endlessly by law abiding watchdog MP's. They will be hated more then they are already disliked, the role will be destroyed. Also, literally making the deathsquad anything other then an admin spawn, I lol, thats a big goof. Goodness I hate. it. all.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs turned an role play job into "imagine that you are actually role playing" job. You have nothing to roleplay with. Either give the CL a purpose or at least make it so that there's any feedback at all with the role. Right now playing CL is just playing pretend inside a play pretend game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Thats dumb and I wish this idea would stop being suggeted. If you make them any degree of antag they will be shutdown endlessly by law abiding watchdog MP's. They will be hated more then they are already disliked, the role will be destroyed. Also, literally making the deathsquad anything other then an admin spawn, I lol, thats a big goof. Goodness I hate. it. all.
    at least being shut down by watchdog mp's and such would be a -real- interaction to have in pursuit of an -actual goal-. my god. it would even give the mp's something solid to do. and think! what of the survivors who languish on the ship with nothing to do? now they can have a job being the CL's intel collection lackeys that the MP's have to try to frisk down for the intel. it's basically win-win.

if you don't like unleashing the death squad, what negative consequence would you suggest to make it so that feeding the CL intel is a risk instead of a universal gain, considering the potency of PMCs?
    Last edited by misto; 05-27-2019 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    if you don't like unleashing the death squad, what negative consequence would you suggest to make it so that feeding the CL intel is a risk instead of a universal gain, considering the potency of PMCs?
    Not involving the CL in the intel system in anyway, not letting them call in any kind of ERT of any kind. Thats what I suggest.