Thread: Xeno game design question

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    [DELETED]
    since it happens constantly on prison and big red I doubt it otherwise every CO/XO/SL would be job banned by now
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 09-03-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    since it happens constantly on prison and big red I doubt it otherwise every CO/XO/SL would be job banned by now
    Prison and Big Bread are "bad examples", Prison especially. Big Red has two directions to go, either ETA, or Lambda, points that are the furthest. Prison has only west to go, you can't really not "metarush" if there is only straight line. Each such round would have to end up in notes/bans for command since what else they can do?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Prison and Big Bread are "bad examples", Prison especially. Big Red has two directions to go, either ETA, or Lambda, points that are the furthest. Prison has only west to go, you can't really not "metarush" if there is only straight line. Each such round would have to end up in notes/bans for command since what else they can do?
    we had a round where queen was dead in civ rez at 33. They were in civ res before 30. Marines generally land around 25. There is engineering to set up, fob to set up, and surivors to search for. You telling me you cant take 5 minutes to do all of that before you are in CIV RES killing the hive? Ya right.

COs always say "Go to crashed ship" because they know it will give a "reason" to attack the hive and then they can have plausible deniability about metarushing. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. Everyone knows that's what happens. Devs added nightmare to make walls outside of library to stop it but marines just shoot down the walls or c4 them and charge through. For some reason devs made it where marines can lower the locks on the central ring so now they can just charge straight across the middle of the map and save even more time.

big red has viro too which marines never check cause its a shitty hive location. Big red also has an entire colony to search for survivors. So no it doesn't have just 2 directions to charge straight into. We had a round where tank was at the eta caves around 22. You will never ever beable to argue that's not a meta rush.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 09-03-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would just remove age and make every xeno elder strength for a month and watch as xenos slaughter marines coming off the DS and do nothing about it so that we could hear marines cry about metarush just to let them know how it feels.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would just remove age and make every xeno elder strength for a month and watch as xenos slaughter marines coming off the DS and do nothing about it so that we could hear marines cry about metarush just to let them know how it feels.
    Trust me on one thing. Benos were and are able to cause "valid" evac on prison before 13:00. I was always saying that marines work like a spear and benos like daggers. Nothing can change that this easly. I can support month of elder for every beno, but it will hurt benos more than it does marines. Lack of Ancient Runner/Lurker/Queen/Rav/Crusher/Prea memes means that robust benos won't have enough power to deal with robust marines.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Trust me on one thing. Benos were and are able to cause "valid" evac on prison before 13:00. I was always saying that marines work like a spear and benos like daggers. Nothing can change that this easly. I can support month of elder for every beno, but it will hurt benos more than it does marines. Lack of Ancient Runner/Lurker/Queen/Rav/Crusher/Prea memes means that robust benos won't have enough power to deal with robust marines.
    ancient doesnt do anything except on queen

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ancient doesnt do anything except on queen
    Armor, Evasion, HP, Speed, Tackle rate, Plasma Pool, Damage of a slash and abilities. All of that means a lot when combined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rushing to crashed ship doesn't seem so meta, its the most obvious reason why the station wouldn't be communicating. That being said though yes Prison is one of the worst meta rushed maps.

It is a Prison, never knew why the map makers wouldn't put some heavier duty doors that are bolts down an more heavy duty walls getting into medium sec. Maybe even more barricades in medium sec strewn around it making it take a while getting through as well as causing havoc to retreating forces who didn't take time to clear them. If they were made semi random that would help as well.

The north of Prison (Medical, Research, Max sec, an Panopticon) are all pretty good as they are. Most marine groups rarely get past the Chapel if the push is only centered on North.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aging changes were understandable, having to spend most of the round waiting to be able to play is not good design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The aging changes make sense, but it also made mid-game very low risk for marines on the Frontline. If the tank has Marines with it, and they die, those Marines are going to be recovered a good majority of the time. The impact on ancient was severe but not really bad, as ancients were too rare to really see action.