User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Ramble on RULE 4 (NOT CLICKBAIT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP or not. Retaliating is fairly risky. First, you might hurt teammates that has nothing to do with it wich already sucks on its own. Second, and the worse, it could potentially turn into a snowball effect. I saw that kind of thing happen a couple of time and having over half your squad incapacitated because 2 guys decided to duke it out with shotguns ain't great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    The one thing to discourage FF is to make it a bit punishable. Baldos will think twice about shooting near their comrades. I see this as good thing.
    I don't see any realistic and fair way to carry this out given that I, an avid player of 2 years, still manage to FF people in the heat of cave-scouring unga clumps, far from MP justice. OOC punishments for FF would ruin this server in my opinion given that any reasonable person is capable of just not being mad about it.

On the topic of griefing vs. IC conflict, its tough. I love fist fights and rowdiness, but the culture of SS13 itself is so toxic towards any non-antag violence that many people will never be able to just have an arrpee fight without getting pissed about it.

I don't really understand it, but it still happens here. Along with mutinies and marine law it just adds so much bullshit to allow weapon-based violence when we already face punishments if a fist-fight we carry out pre-briefing is escalated by entirely different players with no relation to us at all.

I see this whole debate as a reason for the dev staff to start developing a better log system that is designed specifically for the gameplay of this server rather than a system that was originally designed for traitor-style civilian-station gameplay. The way rule-relevant logs are collected and displayed could definitely be better given the way staff hint at what they go through to deal with reports and repeals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not go quietly into that goodnight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    The one thing to discourage FF is to make it a bit punishable. Baldos will think twice about shooting near their comrades. I see this as good thing.
    What about all those cases where you are, say, the SADAR spec and you literally cannot tell if all those floored marines after the Queen's screech are still alive, but you know for a fact that firing a WP rocket will prevent the remaining hive from murdering the people that are still standing?

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    What about all those cases where you are, say, the SADAR spec and you literally cannot tell if all those floored marines after the Queen's screech are still alive, but you know for a fact that firing a WP rocket will prevent the remaining hive from murdering the people that are still standing?
    Acceptable casualties.

To Valhalla marines.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    I was obviously talking about baldos. Those type of guys who have next level of Tunnel Vision. The type where they only see beno on their screen and everything else is just dark void. How else you will running straight after beno for few tiles and get Burst, or Buckshot/Flechette to your back?

Specs should get more leeway in those cases. I'm perfectly 100% fine with being sacrifaced (and gibbed) just for single strong beno, or multiple weaker to die. This is calculation, this isn't just stupid guy doing stupid things. However I want to be able to punish those fuckers who will for example FF twice in short span of time, or do really obvious, simply stupid and not incidental FF. Burst-shooting runner who is running among marines, or walking in second/thrid line of marines and shoot Buckshot that doesn't have range to hit anything but marines.

In current state some baldos will never learn since there is literally no punishment (IC mainly) for being stupid with FF. They will really never learn without experiencing retaliation.

I also want to keep my notes clear, because I can't fucking control myself when I'm walking down the 2x2 hallway and some dumbass baldo half of screen behind starts to shoot bursts in my direction with bigass scatter and recoil, hitting me multiple times. In that kind of situation I don't even think about anything but slugging that fucker back.
    Last edited by CABAL; 09-30-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should make it EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAR.

There is a difference between responding to grief and responding to FF.

FF'd? Maybe punch the dude or scream at him. But blasting him ain't cool. FF ain't "with intent to kill you."

If it is...its grief. And if its grief... you should respond appropriately.
    There's a decent rule of thumb you could use.

Shot on a frontline or near combat? Accident.
    Shot excessively by a dude outside of combat, likely in a area that's safe like the Ship (when no Xenos have boarded)? Grief.

Also I'm not surprised some idiots were actually boinking people for defending themselves. Some mods like to jump the gun and have no common sense. Verbally warn me all you want but a noted warning or noted boink is a little too far when you're the victim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me this question is really a case by case scenario

I remember once I ahelped for a grief and got no answer for literally 5mn so I just ended up shooting the guy head with a buckshot shotgun as he fired like 20 times more at me. 20mns later, a mod got on my ahelp and asked me to explain, everything was clear.

However, if you are griefed and your ahelped got an immediate response, there is absolutly no needs to retaliate.

Personnaly, I think that as long as your Role Played you retaliation, there's no real issue, you still followed the rules on your side following escalation and all. That's the other guy that didn't. So either you respond with RP and shot the guy down, either you let him do so and you wait for the mod to act. Simple

Just guys, don't respond to grief by more LRP grief, that's all.

In real life, if someone shot one or two bullets for absolutly no reason, nobody will respond with an automatic execution, you will be more like 'What the heck are you doing?'

Just my opinion there
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic