User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I quit CAS for good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unhappy I quit CAS for good.

Despite all the things i done, all the research i done to improve my firemissions pattern to MEME xenos (With Goliath you can be sure you'll hit something.), I took the decision to quit.

And i will tell why:

1�) J-TAC: Good enough we started to recieve some decent transport pilots which don't burn all points on sentries and they finally learned that the best defense is lock the doors, so i found myself constantly being able to print 2 SM-17 Fatty at round start pretty consistently. The issue is, we lacking DECENT J-TAC operators, and i don't mean people with kits. I mean we are Lacking people that KNOW how to use CAS firepower at it's full potential. Why do i say that? Me as Ensign had to tell an Squad Leader to stop requesting CAS because he didn't knew how to offset and direct the strafe on a firemission.

2�) The Decent J-TACs are either left or are permabanned.

It's no longer fun for me to sit 2 hours and still have all munition hangars filled to the brim and only do medevacs.

It was good while it last. Goliath-1 SEAD signing off.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 09-03-2019 at 03:59 AM.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I play CAS, nobody really knows how to call fire missions at all.

Every time I play JTAC, fire missions are always unavailable or the PO doesn't exist.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let CAS bomb Co ordinates, but have it more inaccurate this way.

Problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only tried JTAC once, when I inherited SL mid round. Do you have any insight on what's needed in order to do JTAC well? I had trouble finding good spots to call it down as we advanced and retreated. What do you mean by offsetting a strafe? I thought that had to do with aiming the guns in their area of effect. Can the entire strafe be offset from the laser designated spot?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAS is for pushing xenos away, let them know you are clearing the path for a future push, or you need to hide the laser. It an issue of meta-game and xeno numbers. Basically xenos AREN'T suppose to react to lasers the ship or anything but well if you lose those 2-5 xenos everytime to CAS well GG to aliens you dont have the reliable way to replace the dead and it not like there some drone running around with a defib, dead is dead.

Fun fact OB, and CAS are trash. CAS becuase you need to hide the laser and OB becuase you cant follow up, the incin one might be best for getting kills while the HE is nice for clearing the crap around the aliens. Mortar is king for now becuase you can get a mark and bam call the mark when needed no more lazzing needed.

Now this is assuming average JTAC players, hehe yea no. I seen CAS carry with a dam 6-10 kill dual fatty drop destorying the main alien attack force. I was queen in a round where the mortar killed basically EVERY SINGLE TIER 3 and carried the marines by it god dam self killing about 20-30 aliens. There been fantastic incin OBs that have scorched the whole alien attack force and there been HE and rocket OBs that broken the alien attacks. Problem is we lack enough JTAC players. JTAC is not always fun you have no idea if anyone is on the line and you might have 5 JTAC operators and SLs all hogging the line or all the JTAC people ugna rush and get murdered. You never know what can happen to them.

Maybe make it so CAS needs coordinates instead?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the thing with CAS is that xenos don't know the offset and it can be useful for clearing areas without firing a shot.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehehehehehe took you a while to realize. The number of good JTAC/CAS players can be counted at 2 hands and as you said most quit or are banned. I was one of them and the times I had good players with CAS/JTAC can also be counted on 2 hands. The other times were allways just retards that either printed laser detector as PO or never gave any offsets as JTAC/lased in the most obvious retarded spots or asked for the impossible.

Being PO/JTAC is one of the most frustrating things in the game because most people are just too retarded. After the first month of the release of the CAS update it only got worse and worse.

Good thing you are finally free of the pain and suffering.

Was fun while there were competent people around:
    Last edited by dasWurmtMich; 09-03-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God imagine if CAS was that good anymore, it basically a glorifed toy now to pretend you do stuff instead of you know RIP AND TEAR air support that a pain to get right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read through the wiki, and I get the idea of offsets and gimbals for targeting the shots. What I didn't quite get was the direction of the run. Is it always south to north, or is it something the pilot can set?
    Would something like "East to West, offset 7-12, gimbal -1 to 4" be a good callout for targetting CAS? It seems like it could be used get the shots in a particular area (depending on target), or even on the other side of a line of sight blocking obstacle, like a wall. If that's not what a good CAS call, what information would need to be relayed to bring ordinance on target? I chuckled at the concept of a CAS call like "South to north, drop everything offset 12 gimbal 0. The queen is resting there." But I doubt it's ever that simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dasWurmtMich View Post
    hehehehehehe took you a while to realize. The number of good JTAC/CAS players can be counted at 2 hands and as you said most quit or are banned. I was one of them and the times I had good players with CAS/JTAC can also be counted on 2 hands. The other times were allways just retards that either printed laser detector as PO or never gave any offsets as JTAC/lased in the most obvious retarded spots or asked for the impossible.

Being PO/JTAC is one of the most frustrating things in the game because most people are just too retarded. After the first month of the release of the CAS update it only got worse and worse.

Good thing you are finally free of the pain and suffering.

Was fun while there were competent people around:
    I tried be a JTAC operator, but I was kinda confused. I guess I will learn at march.

PD: I'm Isaac "Unlucky" Kinnear, and that, sir, was a GOOD CAS! Too bad we lost a while after at Prison.