User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I quit CAS for good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    I've only tried JTAC once, when I inherited SL mid round. Do you have any insight on what's needed in order to do JTAC well? I had trouble finding good spots to call it down as we advanced and retreated. What do you mean by offsetting a strafe? I thought that had to do with aiming the guns in their area of effect. Can the entire strafe be offset from the laser designated spot?
    Be strategic, if you plan to strafe to west, put your laser to the corner of your screen, don't allow xenos to see your laser to meta avoid the attack. i see 12 offset working very well when that is done.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    CAS is for pushing xenos away
    Clue is in the name bro, Close Air Support.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooooh, it looks like you can offset the whole fire mission. I was under the impression that the offset was handled in the fire mission layout, and that all of the munitions needed to drop in that 13x12 area where the red dot is. I didn't realize you can offset the 13x12 grid though. That changes things

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwaveringGrey View Post
    Ooooh, it looks like you can offset the whole fire mission. I was under the impression that the offset was handled in the fire mission layout, and that all of the munitions needed to drop in that 13x12 area where the red dot is. I didn't realize you can offset the 13x12 grid though. That changes things
    The wiki shows how CAS work.

You strafe into a line on a direction. If your firemission attacks 12 tiles, you can set the gimbals from that center line to a distance of maximum 6.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Let CAS bomb Co ordinates, but have it more inaccurate this way.

Problem solved.
    that's just a less cool unique mortar then

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing with firemissions is that im not bothered to learn advanced maths (yeah i get it its not that difficult), just because i want some brrt. There are much more fun things to do for me personally, than to use trigonometry and positions of the stars to calculate a payloads sweep, just for some dumbass PO to not even know what CAS is.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing with firemissions is that im not bothered to learn advanced maths (yeah i get it its not that difficult), just because i want some brrt. There are much more fun things to do for me personally, than to use trigonometry and positions of the stars to calculate a payloads sweep, just for some dumbass PO to not even know what CAS is.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine not using advanced math or lazing fog to yeet these xenos with max offset
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanu308 View Post
    Imagine not using advanced math or lazing fog to yeet these xenos with max offset
    The absolute state of Unga Dungas these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad bro