User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Novacti - Commander Application

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simply put, this app is incomplete. The answers are all either way too short or so vague that I have no real notion of how you'll really act as a Commander. I'm all for brevity, but there's no incisiveness or anything of the sort here, nothing that made me nod along with. The lack of true understanding of what the role requires and how it really functions make it all too clear you lack the experience to really shine as a CO.

However, the basics are all there and nothing in your app is wholly incorrect, per-se. Given time, and particularly if you reach out for help from experienced COs and the Whitelist Council, I'm sure your growth as a player will be fully reflected in your app next time you apply.

Again, look at well-received apps and talk with respected players, and most importantly just enjoy playing the game and get a real knack for how command works. Good luck!

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    Commander Whitelist Application

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Odell originally began as a squad engineer, after a recommendation from the Institute of Space Wranglers, he joined the marines. Odell had a few uneventful deployments, until one fateful deployment, him and his battalion was ambushed by the CLF.

The CLF may have had inferior weapons, but they outnumbered the Marines 10 to 1. They fought long and hard, there weren't many marines left when defcon 1 was reached, and the CO decided to deploy the nuke. Odell was recalled and re-deployed with the remaining men and the nuke and activated the nuke as soon as they landed.

Only Odell and a few others survived until the explosion and only he survived the explosion, as the PO's were too cowardly to return while an armed nuke was on the planet.

Odell awoke back on the ship with tubes attached to every orifice on his body and a new rank pinned to him; Staff Sergeant. From there, he survived every protection detail he was sent on and every mishap that had happened. Until he was promoted to CMP. After leading his team of MP's and successfully repelling a mutiny, he was awarded CO for his leadership skills.
    @Novacti
    Hello, Novacti! I'm going to post my response to your questions later, but first I'm going to PM you, some somewhat "rough" but needed critism on your story writing, that will help you write better.

-Swagbag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers on your first questions and post are lack luster, I am sorry friend, but I cannot support this application.

You seem to have an OK understanding of some squad tactics, but you need to know the basics of everything else first.

Feel free to PM me anytime for help, play a bit more as I haven't seen your name once, bear in mind I play on both high pop and low pop, depending on the day.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry man but I unfortunately agree with the others on this app. I'm going to have to deny it, but dont be discouraged. Apply in a month and just take the time to improve yourself and I am certain you can get it.