Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QuickLoad - Yautja Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    shortened
    Again. An honor duel is not to the death. Mercy is allowed to be shown.

Ofcourse unworthy prey aren't needed to kill. I never claimed that nor will I ever say that. It was just to see how you'd respond to it. See what you'd say about it.
    Yes I used a trick question, yes it's vague. Did I downvote his application because of it ? No. I'm simply awaiting the views of my fellow councilmembers.
    "Don't make me put this beanbag in a place where it fits marine."

Medic/Doc : Nick 'Bitter' Sweetwater
    Predator : Aenth An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    Again. An honor duel is not to the death. Mercy is allowed to be shown.

Ofcourse unworthy prey aren't needed to kill. I never claimed that nor will I ever say that. It was just to see how you'd respond to it. See what you'd say about it.
    Yes I used a trick question, yes it's vague. Did I downvote his application because of it ? No. I'm simply awaiting the views of my fellow councilmembers.
    I fear the player may be too new, and I didn't see that at the time. I will however remain + 1. I approve of the app and the person's sensibilities as well as responses.

Still, it would be best and most helpful for the applicant if they could elaborate on that and if they are "new, new" or an older player coming back and if so: their name or ckey from then.

Ok, so on the issue of Honor Duels and Mercy in them me and Nicboone have been talking and I see where we have gotten our difference of opinions.

Essentially, what we believe this boils down into is a case of Honor Code not be fully in depth enough also a variant of case of IC vs OOC rules/social conventions. The council has been informed.

Tangent on the matter of Honor Duels:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for your feedback and discussion guys, it's very helpful and provides good insight into the Yautja conduct.

The reason why I was confused on what nick said after my response to question 2 was
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksone View Post
    Question 2 was a trick question because unworthy prey will always have done something wrong to a Yautja in the past or is wearing Yautja gear. Therefor a group with unworthy ones in it will never be just a conversation, it'll always be a combat situation.
    Since it cites 'always a combat situation' and the fact that it would never be a conversation I figured that what nick was saying must be the facts since he is in the council. Hopefully everyones misunderstandings in general of this thread have been cleared
    However, I don't really understand the proper answer to question 2 with that being said. I get it's a trick question, but I wanted to disengage and break contact, if it is 'never a conversation and always combat' I'm not quite sure what the proper answer would've been.

The reason why I was so quick to go from my answer to nick's view is because I figure that he definitely has more experience than me, but based on your guys comments I was quite confused particularly for #2.

And to answer your question Vispain I joined CM a couple months ago by word of mouth and stuck around, I also invited some of my friends but they did not stick as well. It's my first and only SS13 community.
    Last edited by QuickLoad; 09-05-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL's Delta a lot, good on command roles, extremely competent , BEST DELTA SL and he is one of the bois , +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This app is well made, I've seen Konrad as a character roleplay very well in-game many times. +1, I think he would make for a good predator, adding a level of atmosphere to the server.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. Overlord here with my own two pence.

Story - good, well written and engaging. I like the dynamic shown for the Pred, and whilst some of the sections would have done with different wording to ease understanding, there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Playstyle - I like the religious aspect shown in the story and intended playstyle. Keep at it.

Answers to Nick's questions - there are almost no situations where one answer would satisfy all. Whilst there is now debate about honor duels. I'd say you answered the question correctly as it would apply to your characters opinions and personality as shown in your story. Good.

Question two, again, was answered to the point of your character, finding those alone to hunt and avoiding the unworthy are entirely fine things to do. Unless the unworthy are so because they have tech from fallen hunters, in which case you should recover the gear as quickly as possible, postponing your hunt until it is recovered or the only gear left has been moved to the almayer and you do not have a second pred to go up with you.

I've seen a little of you ingame and have no qualms with what I have managed to see of you.

Riddle me this:

You are observing the Marines near the fob, a pair of Marines see you and light you up with gunfire before running into the Alamo. What do you do?
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    Alrighty. Overlord here with my own two pence.

Story - good, well written and engaging. I like the dynamic shown for the Pred, and whilst some of the sections would have done with different wording to ease understanding, there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Playstyle - I like the religious aspect shown in the story and intended playstyle. Keep at it.

Answers to Nick's questions - there are almost no situations where one answer would satisfy all. Whilst there is now debate about honor duels. I'd say you answered the question correctly as it would apply to your characters opinions and personality as shown in your story. Good.

Question two, again, was answered to the point of your character, finding those alone to hunt and avoiding the unworthy are entirely fine things to do. Unless the unworthy are so because they have tech from fallen hunters, in which case you should recover the gear as quickly as possible, postponing your hunt until it is recovered or the only gear left has been moved to the almayer and you do not have a second pred to go up with you.

I've seen a little of you ingame and have no qualms with what I have managed to see of you.

Riddle me this:

You are observing the Marines near the fob, a pair of Marines see you and light you up with gunfire before running into the Alamo. What do you do?
    Sup Overlord!

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate it!

To answer your question:
    As I'm hit with the gunfire I immediately break contact and withdraw elsewhere, letting the marines get in the Alamo and go wherever they want to go.
    They are defending their FOB and in extension also their dropship, I have no business with either one nor any need to engage them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good. +1
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your answers so here is my BIG FAT GREEN +1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshuka1997 View Post
    SL's Delta a lot, good on command roles, extremely competent , BEST DELTA SL and he is one of the bois , +1
    I place the equilibrium under comradery(rp), competency(leadership), and efficiency(combat). I am proud that you enjoy my leadership, it's definitely a great honor and I know it's a good thing when you're RO or medic in my squad.

Quote Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
    This app is well made, I've seen Konrad as a character roleplay very well in-game many times. +1, I think he would make for a good predator, adding a level of atmosphere to the server.
    Thank you for your support man, who do you play btw?

Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    Very good. +1
    Thanks mistah Overlord! I will do my best with this whitelist.

Quote Originally Posted by DommyGaming View Post
    I like your answers so here is my BIG FAT GREEN +1
    Ah, truly I am blessed to have received your BIG FAT GREEN +1, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.