Byond ID?
    Praise Dun Bun

Marine Name
    Mychael 'McGuffs' Guffins

Other Whitelist Applications
    This is my first time.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Mike

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, I've read it and its a very strict silicon law concept from a ss13 server

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synths will usually not engage in combat, unless is self defense or defense of a marine, in which case a melee weapin can be used to scare or even defeat the xeno if deemed necesary

Synthetic Character Story
    The Captain looked nervous, so nervous that it appeared as if he had ran out of sweat, every 3 minutes of so he took a break from refreshing the shipping log to look with concern the white rugged papper on the corner of his desk, only 2 things stood out from that paper, one was the big and recognizable seal of the federation on the top, the other was a unusally red top line with the words 'shippement approved', it would have been the first time I had ever seen a High command document emanate so much authority yet a profound and unknown fear, the pulsations of the captain rised every time he looked at the paper.

He would stare at the north wall of the Command Center, it looked like he was staring light years away from there, to a distant galaxy, he would stay like that until some minimal alert sounded in any of the devices of the room, from the shipping console or one of the Staff officers crew monitors to a minimal voltage change on the room APC.

Then, a different sound took the room by surprise, a low, yet acute ping, that seemed to have taken the atention of everyone in the room. The Captain turned quickly to the shipping log and in barely 3 interactions he opened a window confirming the arrival of a shippement coded as 'SMK-3456', then the captain touched quickly the headset on his left ear:

''I got an alert, is it here?''- Said the captain through the microphone of the headset. His face took a shape I had never seen, or I swear, I had seen once, but it seemed so long ago that I can't quite clearly recall it.

The captain's headset started relaying a voice, quite distorted due to the distance, but, it must have been the Requisitions Officer, whose infected throat barely left any space for a soft tone on his voice.

The captain rushed out of the room, followed by the Chief of the Military Police, who seemed to have taken a hobby of predicting the captain's change of humor, right now the Chief seemed quite content, he must have answered right, beacouse as the airlock closed behing them, he had a half made smirk covered by the premium cigar he had been tasting for at least an hour. I took to the camera system and followed the captain's path with the working cameras, quite hard in the condition the system was, but nothing I could do about it right now. When I finally got a camera working on the shipping dock, the captain was already examining a big crate, it must have been arround 254 centimeters, however the distortion on the camera lens wasn't making the guess easy. When the Requisitions Officer started aproaching the captain and the box, I engaged a closed channel to the headsets of the captain, the Chief and the Requisitions Officer, I engaged the microphones and listened:

''This must be it, we got no more crates with the high command seal coming in over a month, and these things are sent as soon as you get the approving'' - Said the Requisitions Officer as he looked over on his tablet on endless lists of numbers and letters.

Then the Chief approached the captain from behind and with the cigar lit on his mouth he said - ''I tell you, they must have sent us a bad one this time, no way you are getting out of THAT scot free cap'n''

The captain looked over to the Chief and then to the RO, then he procceded to open the crate with a crowbar he had on his pouch, quite the feat I would say, normally a man of that age would need a couple of tries and a lot of grit to open a box like that, but the captain opened it in a blink.

As the wooden cover fell of a human-like figure could be seen in the shadow of the crate, I couldn't see nothing more of its shape and neither seemed to be able to the 3 on the dock, since the Chief started to move closer to take a better look at the contents, of the crate. The captain had not moved from the postion he was after taking down the cover, but neither did his facial expresion. He touched lightly his headset and said: ''Executive, check the activation codes and protocols on the package''. Suddenly I felt a vibration on the room I was in, the Executive officer entred the room with a bottle of what could have been either water or vodka, but I couldn't make a difrence from the distance I was. He bent over on the captain's table and after a couple of seconds he opened a new window with a couple of running codes and some stable variables, as he read the codes, he whispered something to itself and then procceded to interact with his headset: ''Activation code is Golf Charlie India Mike Fife Niner Tree, all procceses look normal, I've seen faster but they hold up, also get a fucking Chief Engineer already cap'' he then took the glass he had left on the table and got out of the room.

Meanwhile on the Hangar, It looked like the captain didn't like the comment from the Executive Officer, he opened his mouth to say something but he seemed to not give it any more importance and procceded to say the activation codes. As soon as he finished the word ''Tree'' the shape on the box took life, if it is correct to say it that way. As soon as the figure got out of the box it could be seen that it was what seemed to be a human, however synths cant fool my eyes, and quickly noticed the inhuman movements on his fingers and arms. The synth looked about 193 centimeters in height, fitted with 2 standard synthetic arms as well as a pair of old dated legs, not that they were in bad condition of course, what seems to take the attention of the 3 on the dock was its unusual blue hair and facial hair, synths this days are made to fit into the crew, so the blue hair must have been a byproduct of use, a factory defect or from an accident, its face featured 2 brown eyes as well as a goatee, the skin colour used was a variant of the caucasian tone, altered to seem like it was tanned.

The blue hair seems to have taken everyone present by surprise, since they couldn't take its eyes out from it. A couple of seconds later from the activation, the synth looked arround and started what seemed a facial recognition proccedure. After a quick sweep of the area it started speaking: ''Good day, Im the synth model SMK-3456, generation 2, I've been asigned to this station as the losse of your last synth, since that my predeccesor was a high tech model with invaluable modules, no synth of the same caracteristics could be taken out of storage to replace your last one, Im loaded with standard federation laws and nearly all the proccedures from the actual generation of synths, my operative time is summing up to 35040 hours 34 minutes and 23 seconds, in my last position I was desgined as ''Mike'', override of designation may be procceded with''

The RO looked over astonished to the captain who had what seemed to be, a bad, yet ugly poker face, then the RO procceded to turn to the synth: ''3-35040 Hours?! That must have costed a fortune in factory repairs!''. The synth, which was already looking at the RO said: ''Negative, all my fixes have been in field, the only time I've been in factory was when I was made Sir''. To this the Chief snorted out a small laugh and said: ''Told ya, this is what we get for the last operation''. The captain ignored everyones statements and procceded to talk to the synth in a clamed manner : ''Welcome aboard Mike, no override will be necesary (He stopped for a second and gave a quick glance to the synths hair), so, blue hair huh? I thought you guys where made to blend in?'' - ''Afirmative Sir, However due to an accident in the repairs of a bluespace driver my circuits were almost blown out by a power surge, since my hair is made from a semi-bio component, the genes of it were altered, or thats what the scientists at my last placement thought, calculations yield no result'' Said the synth with a swift tone

An alert started sounding on the hangar speakers, the RO rapidly touched his headset and said ''Got a priority request, all done here captain, its all yours'', as he finished this sentence the RO rushed off to his office with the airlock closing behind him.

Then the synth talked again : ''Captain, I do not mean to be rude, but I would like to be updated with the station's status and crew readings as soon as possible'' - ''Yes'' - Said the captain - ''That would be the best, follow me Mike''. And so, the captain walked out of the dock followed by the synth, the Chief was nowhere to be seen, he must have ran off as soon as he finished his last sentence.

After a couple of minutes footsteps could be heard, and then, the south airlock opened, revelaing the captain and the synth a couple of feet behind him. The captain went directly to his seat and as he seated he smelled the air and murmured: ''Vodka?... I need some sleep''. The synth, that was looking in my direction looked back to the captain and said: ''Preliminar analisis confirms lack of sleep, I can take care of commanding matters for some time''. ''Thanks Mike''- said the captain, who seemed to be getting a burden off his head second by
    second - ''The link is ready, interface with the station when you are ready''. The synth suddenly shut down and laid still for a couple of minutes, the captain started to display a worried face as the time passed, maybe he was worried it wouldn't turn back on, maybe he REALLY wanted that sleep.

Out of nowhere the synth started to move again and looked back to the captain: ''Affirmative, all logs online, status damage status, severe, personell vitals are starting to display, 50% of the crew is injured, quite a lot of work I got here, but thats for what I was made for, I can take care of your commanding issue and start repairing the crew and the station''. ''Please dont say repair when refering to organic beings'' - Said the captain who seemed to be about to colapse. ''Correction acknowledged, my bad captain''

Once more he looked on my direction and said: ''Captain, I will begin the work as soon as possible, do you want me to proccess that?'' - Then he started pointing in my direction. The captain looked over and said ''Oh yeah, forgot we left it there, yes, do please''. The synth took out a heavy duty bag and came over to me, then started picking me up, first my legs reduced to a few strings, then my arms that now looked like 2 small burned nuggets and finally what was left of my torso, he put everything in the bag and then took my head and put it between its arms. It started walking to west airlock and went down to the disposals room, as he finished loading my head in the disposal it interfaced with me and said : ''You did a good job, they are now in my care''. A violent sound started and in a matter of seconds I was floating in space, I started activating the shutdown proccedure and deleted all the files. I am seeing right now the deep space, and a punished station in the distance: ''Good luck mike, you are gonna need it''.

- - SYSTEM SHUTDOWN. LOG END FORCED --

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Mike is an old synth, which weardown in out of update parts will usually make him cranky towards low IQ level marines as the round goes on, unusual to a synth he seems to be somewhat concerned about its blue hair.
    Mike will always accept orders from command members but will always double check with command with given an order from someone in the lower part of the chain, as he is concerned he would cause a problem or worse, make the marines think he is a servant for them only.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Good enough to know various proccedures, missing some knowledge here and there but nothing the wiki cant handle

How familiar are you with Command?
    Not good enough to give orders but I know the chain of command and who has power over who, I have capabilites to help transmit orders too.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very, I know almost all the proccedures, I have experience in chemisntry in other codebases and this one doesnt seem to be much harder, just a matter of having the wiki up.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know how to launch supplies and can attend the lane if deemed neccesary, Im also good at pushing boxes.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Synthetic roles are my drug, I like the space for roplay laws give and how easy its to make a situation out of them, I feel satisfied to follow orders roleplay whise and honestly, Im better with orders than without them

I think I would make a great synth and since I have knowledge in all the fields a synth can help, I dont see a problem I could cause head on.

Also, I know to contain myself, Im not gonna thorw myself into combat at the first sign of xenos or danger, first evac then if necesary fuck lizards up till they cry and run, xenos mad

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Nope.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Nope.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Im not someone that usually gets in trouble for breaking a rule or some kind of mess, I always triple check the wikis and have one on hand at all times if I fuck up.

I have never caused trouble on any server in the synth role, at least for the fact of being a synthetic that is, so yeah, I dont see me getting banned or warned by you in any future, tho I am human, and I make mistakes, like all of us and you.

Xenos mad.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I analyzed your app for a while, and let me tell you what I think about it.

Firstly, I might not be the best English speaker on this server, but I am almost sure you should have a much better grip on this language's usage before applying for this whitelist. I am unsure if you speak English good enough to be a Synthetic; your story has plenty of grammar and spelling mistakes, and this makes it very hard to read.

Furthermore, the story itself is rather long, boring and hard to read. It also does not show your quirk, at all. The last paragraph of the story is the strangest for me; is your Synth being disassembled, thrown down disposals and spaced towards a station? It makes absolutely zero sense to transport a Synth fully disassembled towards a war zone, and to do so in such a manner. Furthermore, Generation 2 and Generation 3 Synthetics aren't that easily disassembled; from that paragraph your Synth doesn't even feel like a Generation 1 Prototype.

Speaking about the quirk, I am quite sure it is not adequate. Unless it is an illegal order, you should not double-check orders from Command, whether the officer is a Commander or a mere Ensign. If you're referring to receiving orders from Enlisted, you can ignore them if they're LRP, but that is not a gimmick, nor a fun one. Being cranky towards low-IQ marines is not an enjoyable quirk at all, and borders on becoming annoying and actually coming in conflict with the Synthetic Guidelines; you are not allowed to insult USCM personnel!

I've never seen you in-game, and this being your first forum post is quite a red flag for me. The answers provided for reading the guidelines, combat scenarios and familiarity with Support roles make me feel very unsure about your knowledge and skill level. If you still feel that you need to keep a wiki tab open to get Engineering or Medical jobs done, then perhaps it is not the time to apply for the Synth Whitelist.

Also...
    Xenos mad.
    No, please. Memery is for the Acid Goop, not for the Whitelist Apps. Next time you apply, please don't include this in your app.

It is going to be a -1 from me, but I hope you will improve and get the whitelist the next time you apply!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise Dun Bun View Post
    Xenos mad.
    i think we can make this work +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to be "that guy" because my spelling and grammar are not super great either. But after hitting the line "the other was a unusally red top line with the words 'shippement approved'," I started to lose focus on your story. I do not think there is a single sentence in your entire application that doesn't have a spelling mistake. And grammar I get if you aren't native, but spelling.... Just quoting you I am seeing a sea of words underlined red.

Also, I do not understand your quirk. The hair thing might be interesting, IE if you play it like "Chad" does. But being old and therefore "cranky" just sounds like an out to be dick to people, which I do not think works. If you want to stick to the "old" role, maybe you could do something like only ever use "walk" to get around as you are old? Not sure that plays though.

Finally, of the four roles. Engineering you need the wiki. Command you dont have experience in. Requisitions you can do. Most concerning (as a primarily medical synth) is that in Medical you say that you "e in chemisntry in other codebases and this one doesnt seem to be much harder" which reads to me that you don't play this server primarily and that you haven't done chemistry here if ever.

I see problems.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderut and BeardedWall summarized the flaws with your application nicely.

I believe you have potential, I'd suggest applying the next chance you get. Sincerely.

Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sadly haven't seen you at all ingame, which is a big let down and the fact that no one else has. We need to be able to gauge your competence in support roles.

Anderut and Beardedwall gave some good feedback, which I suggest you go through. The quirk is a bit hard to read, but it does seem a little snowflakey, something you shouldnt aim for.

Better luck next time -1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I was confident in my english skills till you guys pointed this out, I will try to elaborate more and get some experience in both the language and in the game, thanks for the feedback, maybe in 1 month or so I will try to apply again and refine the quirk to one most of you an agree on, also yeah the story got pretty boring cause I had the main idea on my head, but after checking some of the accepted applications I tried to make a long story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, everyone said what was needed to say. I'd recommend reading their feedback.

Good luck -1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for taking so long to read this. The story had some weird spelling mistakes, and the story doesn't have to be long but it has to portray your synths quirk, how they communicate and behave etc. Also by your synth's description and quirk, it looks like he is a knockoff Rick Sanchez, so don't aim for that. Looking forward to your next attempt.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately its a majority rule and I will have to close this, reapply in the proper time.

Please take a look at the accepted synth apps and ask for help in whitelist app help and reapply in a bit and we can prolly get you squared away.