Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damous - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Damous

Player Name You Use Most?
    Joe Gage / Caleb Messani

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Within a year....

SL Job Ban. https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...8591&p=221608: (old forum) Accepted

Command Job Ban. //showthrea...Job-Role-Ban): Accepted

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No... I think.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    There was a round where i was the XO, and a MP arrested a survivor for sabotage. The survivor had shocked several doors and deactivated almost half of the lower z level APC's on the ship. I Ordered the MP to executed the man, he accepted, i set the announcement of the execution and later watched it.

I think the execution is better used to and against those who try to stop the flow of the shift. Sabotage, Infiltration of staff and ect...

Battlefield Execution is used against marines which simply wont follow their orders be it direct or indirect, cause uphoar and incentivize other marines to do the same. An example must be set.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    The same way I command as XO, "Our soldiers encountered a minefield, they attacked exactly as it was never there", I'll ensure that everything is working correctly, REQ, OB, Power/Engineering. The most essential.

There was a shift where I was XO, and I did everything, loaded crates on the pads, fixed the reactors and commanded marines in the CIC. No SO's, NO RO, CT or MT's. Everything still went with the flow even though it was an absolute nightmare.

Insubordinate Req, Engineering: I would first give at least two warning before sending the CMP/MP's to arrest the head of the department and any supporter. If Req staff didn't want to obey order or don't want to work anymore I would enlist the help of at least two marines for the job.

Insubordinate MP: I would just order the CMP to arrest the problematic MP...But if its the entire staff, I would give a few warning before sending the XO (or going myself) with a few marines to disarm and arrest the Staff.

Insubordinate Command Staff: Warnings and a few minutes in the brig would cool their heads I think.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To ensure that all Marine Core wise operations are going smooth, and making sure that that supporting staff is also working on it as well (Requisitions, Medical Staff).

Considering that the CO also has high Engineering skill, can pilot autoloaders and has all access to the entire ship he can practically (though poorly, I know because I've already done this) run the entire operation alone.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    None that i can think off, besides a few clothes choice and a new skill in the Issue Orders tab that gives marines more buffs for CO's that are fighting alongside the marines.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I used to play way back to the Sulaco days, so I guess my experience...But I won't try to be cheap. I can run the ship alone until more staff spawn from cryo, which is always a big help, especially on low pop rounds.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    It was the end of 2166, Lambda Squad composed of 30 members was tasked with retrieving and securing an Embassy and R&D Staff from falling into unknown "freedom fighters" hands, that had mysteriously risen up in the outer rim sector. The operation went smoothly for the first 10 hours, Dropzone was 30k out, it was a hit and run mission, no backup was coming.

They had secured the staff, but had to hold position before a well coordenated enemy attack. The dropship had to leave without them, orders were to move for more 15km into country before another safe landing zone.

Ambush after ambush, alll of the squad was wiped out, Private Joe Gage was dragging the squad medic that had taken a fatal shot to the lung. He sat there for a moment having taken a shrapnel to the stomach, thinking if he died, he would see all of his squad again. He thought for a moment..."I will leave this place of strangers and go to a place of friendship and comrades". As soon as the pain killer started to wear off, all consciousness faded.

"I remember them, you know"

"XO Gage?"

"It's- It's nothing sir"

"Saw Combat 2166, Started OCS in 1269... Not gold blood then huh?"

"Haha, no Sir!"

" by the way, Congratulations on your promotion"

"Eye Sir"

"You are dismissed XO Gage, or should i call you Captain already?"

"Haha, Not yet sir, thank you sir"

XO Gage leaves the Sky Marshal's [CLASSIFIED] Office with a sad smile on his face.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on a few shifts with you (Joe Gage), I have directly made contact with you very few times, however, from what I gathered over the comms, you seem to be efficient.

However, your BE example is a little too severe and not what a BE is. A BE should only be executed when said person is a SEVERE threat to either your command (by attempting to remove you through illegal means), the crew and the ship itself. If a marine isn't following orders, send the MP's. If there are no MP's, commandeer a/or a few trusted member/s of the crew and arm them with non-lethals to subdue and convict the marine.

Your story is short, but that barely matters.

I would say that you are overselling yourself a bit, however, that is not mine to determine.

I am sitting on neutral for this one.
    Last edited by Novacti; 09-05-2019 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta give a -1 here. The application puts me off, the way it is written, and the way you plan on rping a command also worries me. Colonial marines is a medium RP server, you have to realize that marines might just wann go kill some aliens. Commander is held to a high degree of RP but it's most important job is letting the marines have fun, this might mean being a super coordinate CIC and getting the marines all the information or coordination you can, or shaping the round into something that ends in a good story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    I have been on a few shifts with you (Joe Gage), I have directly made contact with you very few times, however, from what I gathered over the comms, you seem to be efficient.

However, your BE example is a little too severe and not what a BE is. A BE should only be executed when said person is a SEVERE threat to either your command (by attempting to remove you through illegal means), the crew and the ship itself. If a marine isn't following orders, send the MP's. If there are no MP's, commandeer a/or a few trusted member/s of the crew and arm them with non-lethals to subdue and convict the marine.

Your story is short, but that barely matters.

I would say that you are overselling yourself a bit, however, that is not mine to determine.

I am sitting on neutral for this one.

That was not his only crime, He resisted arrest, Mass sabotage, trespassing, theft, disorderly conduct and just low RP in general. By marine law, his timer would go above one hour.

But I agree, it was too severe, it was a 3 hour LV round and I was getting a little bit sleepy(my fault here though, not his). Could have just put him in Perma brig.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    I gotta give a -1 here. The application puts me off, the way it is written, and the way you plan on rping a command also worries me. Colonial marines is a medium RP server, you have to realize that marines might just wann go kill some aliens. Commander is held to a high degree of RP but it's most important job is letting the marines have fun, this might mean being a super coordinate CIC and getting the marines all the information or coordination you can, or shaping the round into something that ends in a good story.

I'm gonna have to to say sorry beforehand because I'm not really good at conveying messages, someone has said that to me before.

What I'm trying to say is I can run the ship pretty well with minimum staff and still deploy the marines in an earlier timer.

I haven't got any complaints from admins about low RP...they cant be all-knowing right?, but I'll ask if any of them observed me during the round and check how i went.
    Last edited by Damous; 09-05-2019 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Grammar correction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the story, I could elaborate more after the "past" part, and explain everything, Officer School and +15 ish years on the beat... but it would kinda defeat the purpose of a 20 years time gap

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a couple of red flags that make me a bit uneasy about this app. First and foremost is the BE answer; that first paragraph makes it seem like you're talking about regular executions , when the question is regarding the CO's Battlefield Execution privilege. There is a distinction between the two -- a distinction that the question asks for, which seemingly didn't get touched on by your answer.

I haven't seen you in the CIC personally, but I'm also not really given much room to surmise how you play Command in your answers. But the real kicker is the story. The first three paragraphs were actually not bad - you have a very nice, solid point from which to jump into a good story. But you don't follow through with it; I don't get any real indication of who your CO or your character is supposed to be, and I get left with a bad taste in my mouth from that unpolished conversation.

I think what those three story paragraphs told me is that you are capable of putting forward a good story, and probably a good app if you put the effort and time into it -- but this doesn't cut it for me. I recommend taking a month, getting some more Command experience, and coming back with a polished app which expands on what you laid out here.

For now, however, it's a -1 from me.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What scsnv said, basically.

There are also some questions where you practically missed the question's target, for example the contribution to the CO role question. For me, your experience and old-timer status doesn't mean much when you've got 2 Command role bans.
    Your grammar and use of English is rather dubious; you've got quite a lot of such faults in your story.

I've seen you in-game as XO, and I'm sorry to say but I'm unsure if you're ready to become a CO right now. Play some more XO rounds, try to coordinate the marines better and relay information quicker, and try to have some personality!

I'm sorry, but it's a -1 from me.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is understandable.

I don't know what's exactly what makes a good commander, or what is the condition to be a one, but from the responses that i got on discord and in-game, i was very precise and on point...But that's beside the discussion right now.

I'll still keep the app open, i want to hear what other people have to say and how i can improve myself for my next app

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Scsnv on this. It doesn't quite look like you're ready for the Captain's chair, but you can always contact one of the CO Councilors here on the forum or through Discord if you have questions about anything.

-1, sorry.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging from your BE section of the application, it appears you might've been a bit vague on some parts of your application leading to current confusion we've got now on your application, I've just got a few questions to ask you.

1. XO Austin keeps walking out of the room to "whiff some of the cake powder", and comes back clearly not sober, he's the only command staff available to help run CIC, and the operation has yet to start, what is it that you do?

2. LCPL Austin is running around the ship feeding people Ale disguised in Soy Milk cartons, you only find this out when you get drunk from drinking Soy Milk, what do you do to this medic?