User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damous - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your enthusiasm but you need more experience.

Play a lot more XO and apply again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonOmet View Post
    Judging from your BE section of the application, it appears you might've been a bit vague on some parts of your application leading to current confusion we've got now on your application, I've just got a few questions to ask you.

1. XO Austin keeps walking out of the room to "whiff some of the cake powder", and comes back clearly not sober, he's the only command staff available to help run CIC, and the operation has yet to start, what is it that you do?

2. LCPL Austin is running around the ship feeding people Ale disguised in Soy Milk cartons, you only find this out when you get drunk from drinking Soy Milk, what do you do to this medic?
    1. I would give him a warning for the first time and arrest him on the second one for the minimum time possible, even though he is the only command staff beside me, it still is against the marine law.

2. Brig for 15 minutes and threaten him with demotion for the next offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. That's a great answer, you follow the marine law but you still got to keep in mind, intoxicated XOs aren't very good for morale. Especially if it's your right hand man, it appears you might need to be a bit harsher with your punishments as well because,
    2. If a medic went around feeding all the marines Ale disguised in Soy Cartons and getting them drunk, this would be under the grounds of BE, they're literally putting your operation at risk, what happens if you deploy a bunch of drunk marines down to a planet to fight? 1. Friendly Fire, 2. Mass Confusion, 3. Lack of Trust in each other. This person keep in mind in OOC, asked for this. BEs should be given out only when it's a risk to your operation and it doesn't harm the fun of the player, for example if some marines are just joking around and they happen to insult you, you shouldn't BE them just for that, that's how you ruin fun. But LCPL Austin, clearly went around and fed everyone Ale disguised in Soy Cartons, he knew the repercussions and did it anyway, 15 minutes is extremely light for what he's done to your operation. What stops him from doing it again? A demotion? Most marines don't even care about demotions, if they've done it the first time you've just guaranteed they won't be shot the next time by saying they'll get demoted instead of BE'd

I like your style though man, give it a month or two and you'll be my Captain in no time! Good luck!
    Last edited by DonOmet; 09-06-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do well when you go XO, WHEN you go XO. Take the next period to really crank out games often and show me and others what you are like in that position, polish up the app abit and clean it up and you got a good shot.

-1 Im afraid but you show alot of promise!
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. That's a great answer, you follow the marine law but you still got to keep in mind, intoxicated XOs aren't very good for morale. Especially if it's your right hand man, it appears you might need to be a bit harsher with your punishments as well because,
    2. If a medic went around feeding all the marines Ale disguised in Soy Cartons and getting them drunk, this would be under the grounds of BE, they're literally putting your operation at risk, what happens if you deploy a bunch of drunk marines down to a planet to fight? 1. Friendly Fire, 2. Mass Confusion, 3. Lack of Trust in each other. This person keep in mind in OOC, asked for this. BEs should be given out only when it's a risk to your operation and it doesn't harm the fun of the player, for example if some marines are just joking around and they happen to insult you, you shouldn't BE them just for that, that's how you ruin fun. But LCPL Austin, clearly went around and fed everyone Ale disguised in Soy Cartons, he knew the repercussions and did it anyway, 15 minutes is extremely light for what he's done to your operation. What stops him from doing it again? A demotion? Most marines don't even care about demotions, if they've done it the first time you've just guaranteed they won't be shot the next time by saying they'll get demoted instead of BE'd

I like your style though man, give it a month or two and you'll be my Captain in no time! Good luck!
    That Massive -1 Penetrates my heart, but thanks.

Jokes aside, on the second answer... I thought a lot about the answer and, and the first thing that got me is that it doesn't feel right to kill one member of your medical staff, its almost like shooting yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    You do well when you go XO, WHEN you go XO. Take the next period to really crank out games often and show me and others what you are like in that position, polish up the app abit and clean it up and you got a good shot.

-1 I'm afraid but you show a lot of promise!
    I can only play XO constantly at late night, During high pop its a miracle for me to get XO.

But thanks for the positive view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah sorry if you were confused man, but I thought I said a LCPL, which is a Squad Medic different from your Medical Staff which are civilians, but a Squad Medic is a marine that has medical knowledge, they're still under the jurisdiction of Marine Law, it's understandable if you thought I was talking about a doctor, but a Squad Medic that gets their patients drunk just for the kicks? Yeah those are the grounds for BE. But it seems like you're really trying to improve which is a major step forward from a lot of the other applicants, my suggestion is. Captain's don't always command, they sometimes have to take up the roles of the lazy CEs and Maintenance, get a good grip for not just command if you can. But try doing CMO, or CE, or hell even play CMP to get a grip on Marine Law. I hope to see you in a months time new and improved, good luck man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah sorry if you were confused man, but I thought I said a LCPL, which is a Squad Medic different from your Medical Staff which are civilians, but a Squad Medic is a marine that has medical knowledge, they're still under the jurisdiction of Marine Law, it's understandable if you thought I was talking about a doctor, but a Squad Medic that gets their patients drunk just for the kicks? Yeah those are the grounds for BE. But it seems like you're really trying to improve which is a major step forward from a lot of the other applicants, my suggestion is. Captain's don't always command, they sometimes have to take up the roles of the lazy CEs and Maintenance, get a good grip for not just command if you can. But try doing CMO, or CE, or hell even play CMP to get a grip on Marine Law. I hope to see you in a months time new and improved, good luck man!
    Jesus, could swear i didn't saw the LCPL writen in there, which is a -1 just for attention deficit.

I play MP from time to time, its fun to brig marines for their own mistakes.

Normaly when i play XO durin low pop, there is literally no CE or MT's, so i always wind up having to fix the reactors myself.

I think CMO and Research are only roles i haven't played that much, thanks I'll try.
    Last edited by Damous; 09-08-2019 at 10:17 AM.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right,

I went through your application thoroughly and even traced down your bans, appeals and note history from that appeal.

While you are an old player, that knows how to play in CM and as well as other servers, thats not really what we're looking for our COs.

So I will say that i have to agree with snscv on this one. I as well noticed a lot of red flags, starting with the BE procedure, past history and current, along with the fact that you did not do your homework on this application and that makes me have no confidence on you being a CO.

I believe you are unfit and unqualified to be a CO as it currently stands. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has potential but not there quite yet.
    Everything else that needs to be said has been said ( some I agree with and some I don�t).

I do wish you luck though. Better luck next time!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ve seen you around a fair bit, but mostly through overwatch. You�re a damn good�s spec and I�ve watched you charge head first into victory more than once.
    That being said, I�ve never seen or interacted with you as command staff in CIC, which is why I simply cannot vouch for you despite the numerous amount of times Ive fought alongside, and overwatched you

Your application shows much promise, but would like to see you in CIC a lot more before I give you a + for your whitelist.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates