Byond ID?
    Griffith78

CM Character?
    Donald Weinstein

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -3

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I am staff at a regiment as an Infantry Officer in the Army, which does in fact have some similarities to this job.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Bwoink the player and ask what happened. If they are new I would give them a warning/note and explain the rules, and allow them to serve out their sentence. Otherwise if they are a griefer they will be banned accordingly.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Explain to the player that these matters are handled by the pred white-list council. If they have a complaint they are to make proper report on the forums.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I bwionk the player and do my best in helping them learn the game while also directing them to the wiki for extra training materials.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would not bother an Admin+ staff member, I would tell him to file a staff report on me via forums if he thinks I've done something wrong. However I would also give the player a note and a warning about his behavior.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I message the player in question and remind them of the naming rules, I would also apply a note warning that if it happens again they should receive a more severe punishment.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would ask them to explain what they are doing, unless given an order by the CO to deploy or some other such circumstance they would be noted and warned. In addition to that I would ask them to return the equipment.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would look at how the situation escalated as per the rules. If the survivor just opened fire without RPing hostility they would be punished and the marine would be revived. If it was proper escalation I would explain that to the complainant and would take no action.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would talk to both and check logs to verify what went led to this. If true, I would speak with the MP and remind them of the appropriate jail times for crimes committed. If they comply and make things right IC I would not intervene. However if it turns out they are griefing or refuse my request they will be punished.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    An ares announcement saying to fight or queen mother to get xenos to stop delaying.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As I am playing in game and a medic as well i would want someone impartial to handle the situation, as such I would ahelp the issue for another mod to deal with. However I would still try to talk to the other medic in IC and ask why they are doing this and if they need help treating the patients.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would explain that this is not EORG as they are both warring sides and if contacted may shoot one another after round end.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would explain this is an IC issue and to contact the MPs. If it gets out of hand however I would speak to the player in question.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I remind the killer of the escalation rules and note him.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would make an announcement warning that this is not a proper mutiny and if they go ahead with it all involved will be punished.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell them its IC, if it get really bad I would tell the boys to relax a bit.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban him, 7 days at least.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would remind them of the combat larva rules and give them a warning. Next offence would be a ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would ask them to drop the netspeak LRP, give them a note as well. A ban on the next offence.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would explain that sometimes xeno players are not used to the xenos lingo like bird and turtle. I would them inform the player in question of a couple xeno terms and encourage them to learn more.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would inform the command staff that each round the marines do not know there are aliens until first contact. I would warn them that if they do this again they will get a note.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is IC as he was trying to save himself.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would warn them to tone down their language as this is a game and people play it to have fun, toxic people do not tend to last here long. If they do not comply they will be punished.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Being SSD is not a valid excuse for IC events.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would talk to them and remind them of the proper rule in a professional manner.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would kindly ask them to resolve the dispute with a manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I want to give back to the community and help new players.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Professionalism

Anything else you
    As this is a military based game I really enjoy it a lot. Just this past summer I completed a Basic Army Officer Course and it taught me a lot about administration and military tactics. I strongly believe I can take what I learned there and use it to improve the server.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would ask them to explain what they are doing, unless given an order by the CO to deploy or some other such circumstance they would be noted and warned. In addition to that I would ask them to return the equipment.
    -IC we dont touch that kinda stuff.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would talk to both and check logs to verify what went led to this. If true, I would speak with the MP and remind them of the appropriate jail times for crimes committed. If they comply and make things right IC I would not intervene. However if it turns out they are griefing or refuse my request they will be punished.
    -Investigation is key with this one, if someone breaks in, and steals something and resists, thats perma, but still good points.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    An ares announcement saying to fight or queen mother to get xenos to stop delaying.

-Dont have access to ARES, but this can be done with SMs.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would explain this is an IC issue and to contact the MPs. If it gets out of hand however I would speak to the player in question
    -Roundstart issue, it is dealt with by staff.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I remind the killer of the escalation rules and note him.

-Remember to escalate punishment if he has a history of this.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would explain that sometimes xeno players are not used to the xenos lingo like bird and turtle. I would them inform the player in question of a couple xeno terms and encourage them to learn more.

-Good idea here getting them to learn more, but it is completely fine to say dropship as xeno.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would kindly ask them to resolve the dispute with a manager.

-Just dont even say anything, take down the info and report to a manager yourself.

Overall a pretty good app, you are a longtime player and many of us on staff have discussed you apply and encourage you to do so. The little mistakes on the app are about investigation but i have no doubts they can be properly adressed during your trial.

+1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Griffith78, and thank you for your interest.

Your application is a little weak. You have grasped the basics of our ruleset but some of the finer staff procedures and rulings need to be worked on. Your very high amount of notes, some of them recent, is also an issue.
    I think you could be a good moderator, but not right now. I suggest you stick around, keep an eye on accepted mod apps, appeals and reports and try again later.

Here are a few questions that should point you towards the right direction.
    "You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would ask them to explain what they are doing, unless given an order by the CO to deploy or some other such circumstance they would be noted and warned. In addition to that I would ask them to return the equipment. "
    -Which rule was broken here?

"A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would explain that sometimes xeno players are not used to the xenos lingo like bird and turtle. I would them inform the player in question of a couple xeno terms and encourage them to learn more. "

"A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Bwoink the player and ask what happened. If they are new I would give them a warning/note and explain the rules, and allow them to serve out their sentence. Otherwise if they are a griefer they will be banned accordingly. "
    -The player says it's a missclick, how do you proceed?

"A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I message the player in question and remind them of the naming rules, I would also apply a note warning that if it happens again they should receive a more severe punishment. "
    -Why is this against the naming rules?

"A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would explain this is an IC issue and to contact the MPs. If it gets out of hand however I would speak to the player in question."
    -How would you define "out of hand"?

"A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban him, 7 days at least. "
    -Even if he has no notes?

"A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would inform the command staff that each round the marines do not know there are aliens until first contact. I would warn them that if they do this again they will get a note. "
    -Next time they do it, how will you know they were already warned if you don't note them the first time?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there. thank you for posting feedback I really appreciate it, while I do understand the basics I have more to learn. As stated by Taketheshot I have been around a long time and know the game well. Given a trial I am confident that I could put your concerns to rest and prove myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharinoma View Post
    "You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would ask them to explain what they are doing, unless given an order by the CO to deploy or some other such circumstance they would be noted and warned. In addition to that I would ask them to return the equipment. "
    As Take said this is IC, a simple breach of SoP that the MPs would have to handle. Therefore there was no rule break.

"A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would explain that sometimes xeno players are not used to the xenos lingo like bird and turtle. I would them inform the player in question of a couple xeno terms and encourage them to learn more. "
    In my opinion it falls under rule 2. However it is not a very serious violation, as such I would simply remind them of the proper term and leave it at that.

"A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Bwoink the player and ask what happened. If they are new I would give them a warning/note and explain the rules, and allow them to serve out their sentence. Otherwise if they are a griefer they will be banned accordingly. "
    -The player says it's a missclick, how do you proceed?
    I would investigate the logs and their note history. If nothing similar showed up I would kindly ask them to be more careful in the future. I would only proceed with a note/punishment if the shooting appeared to be intentional.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I message the player in question and remind them of the naming rules, I would also apply a note warning that if it happens again they should receive a more severe punishment. "
    -Why is this against the naming rules?
    That name is a reference name and not at all reasonable, unique or lore-friendly.

"A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would explain this is an IC issue and to contact the MPs. If it gets out of hand however I would speak to the player in question."
    -How would you define "out of hand"?
    If these actions were to disturb the round in such a way that it interrupted the briefing or prevented marines from getting equipped in a reasonable time I would say that is out of hand. If they had a little brawl in their prep or the req line I would say that it is an IC matter.

"A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban him, 7 days at least. "
    -Even if he has no notes?
    Regardless of whether they have notes or not grief is unacceptable and must be punished. I standby the ban.

"A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would inform the command staff that each round the marines do not know there are aliens until first contact. I would warn them that if they do this again they will get a note. "
    -Next time they do it, how will you know they were already warned if you don't note them the first time?
    That is an excellent point. I would only give them a warning if I was confident they were new, otherwise a note would be appropriate as it is a violation of the rules.
    Last edited by Griffith78; 09-06-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll correct that last point, every warning must follow a note. It's a must. Not every PM must but every warning yes.

A couple of questions.

1. A predator mercilessly kills three marines uncloaked and clearly breaking the honor code, said marines ahelp the pred and you take the ahelp. What do you do?

2. A marine interfers with the arrest of a suspect being taken to brig by the MPs. The MPs arrest him for aiding and a betting all of his crimes, instead of the single crime of resisting arrest and he ahelps. What do you do?

3. A TC was reported to have rolled over a bunch of marines through the OP, you take the ahelp and follow the tank but see none of that the rest of the round. You have to find out if the tank really did that or not and logs don't show tank rolls over marines. How do you investigate this?

If you answers these 3 questions correctly I will give you +10. But you already have a +1 from me nonetheless.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello man, Thanks for applying for Moderation Team.

You seem to have an grasp of the rules, your applications are a bit off but an trial could solve it off.

Now i have an Serious issue here.

Captain Donald Weinstein: I WOULD LOVE to have him on the Moderation team

PFC Donald Weinstein: Most of the times i spectate you, i find you very close to bending up the rules and acting on the borderline of an rule break.

You seem to have an dual personality or two ways to play. One is perfect, follow the laws and everything, the second one is a borderline UNGA which RARELY but still happens, asks for an ban.

Now answer me: Why should we trust to be an rule enforcer and trust you to not use your rank as Moderator to UNGA and not get banned(because of ban immunity?)?

I am staying neutral leaning to -1
    Last edited by Hunk1; 09-07-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Loco and thanks for the +1! I'd be happy to answer your questions.

1. A predator mercilessly kills three marines uncloaked and clearly breaking the honor code, said marines ahelp the pred and you take the ahelp. What do you do?

Due to the predator being whitelisted I would encourage the players to make a player report about his behavior. This would be the best way to handle it.

2. A marine interfers with the arrest of a suspect being taken to brig by the MPs. The MPs arrest him for aiding and a betting all of his crimes, instead of the single crime of resisting arrest and he ahelps. What do you do?

I would remind him that regardless of whether he resisted arrest or not he still tried to interfere in an arrest which is a major crime by its self. The aiding and abetting charge is an optional one that can also be used in this situation. I would leave the issue IC as a result.

3. A TC was reported to have rolled over a bunch of marines through the OP, you take the ahelp and follow the tank but see none of that the rest of the round. You have to find out if the tank really did that or not and logs don't show tank rolls over marines. How do you investigate this?

As there are no logs I would do my best to question all involved and if I found there to be sufficient testimony saying the TC purposefully ran over marines I would place a note on him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Hunk, thanks for the feedback. I'll do my best to address your concerns and prove to you that I deserve the chance of having a trial.

As I said in my app I am an officer in the Army and take command roles very seriously, as you have noticed while I play captain. I am not going to defend my behavior as a PFC as you described it perfectly. However what I will say that is I would restrain myself if given the chance to be a Moderator as I would love to show you on a trial.

I would never take advantage of being a staff in order to UNGA as a PFC, in fact I would cut that shit out entirely. I think its fine for regular players to act that way, however staff members should be held to a higher standard. I play my captain seriously as I worked hard to get it and respect the members of the community enough who voted me in to act the part.

I would do the same thing as a moderator.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally vouch for your competency and your understanding.

You've been incredibly easy to work with as a CO player and you have always owned up to your very few mistakes.

The answers to your questions are satisfactory and I think you could be a great addition to the staff team.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only had positive encounters with you ic and ooc.
    That being said, some of your notes are concerning.

I'd still be okay with you having a trial to iron things out, I think you could contribute positively to the staff team.
    +1