User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shelters

Yo. How about to add emergency shelters in colonies or on Almayer.
    There are a lot of enemies, which can rush colony:
    CLF, UPP, bandits, terrorists.
    I don't talkin about secure storage in LV 624 it's kind of armory. I mean, bunker with food, strong walls, some weapons for critical situations

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone wants to "not so secretly" help survs. Benomains will shut this party down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Someone wants to "not so secretly" help survs. Benomains will shut this party down.
    no-no! Why do you think i'm wanna to help survivors?777?7 noooo... I don't wannaa help theem11!11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't make sens on Almayer.
    On planet colonies, it's just a balance to find between mapping and balance. The shelter needs to fit the map lore and not advantage a side too much. Very strong walls tend to help a side or another alot.
    Could make sense on LV, a small shelter in the caves east of wolony or something.

It wouldn't help survivors much, xenos would scout that spot like any other.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think survivors should have a low chance of all spawning as a premade mini-ERT.

Like CLF

or UPP with very little equipment.

Would spice shit up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    I personally think survivors should have a low chance of all spawning as a premade mini-ERT.

Like CLF

Would spice shit up.
    A chance for CLF soldiers to replace survivors on each map (except prison) would make sense.
    They could even be soldiers/volunteers that just happened to be there when it all started.
    Naturally, by nature, they are hostile to the USMC/WY, but unlike Survs, they spawn together in a predetermined spot, with CLF equivalents of Medic (CLF with smaller gun, but more med) Engi (same, but mat) Smartgunner (CLF with captured HPR) PFC, Spec (CLF with a free admeme spawned gun?) And SL (Already exists).

Off course, other CLF guns need to be reworked first, as CLF guns still work on pre-armor overhaul, so they are quite pitiful.
    Otherwise this could be an interesting idea.

Ps. To prevent meta-rushes and encouraging fighting USMC, their location will have been retrofitted to a CLF post, containing things that allow getting more men, gear or maybe just civilians (call a doctor, eh?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, i'd feel like spawning as a fully-geared CLF might be too much. Not like you can't die in 5 slashes, but oh well.

Would be much more interesting to have a survivor have a really low chance to spawn as an Undercover agent of the CLF/UPP. Only problem with that is, well.

Marines would meta the hell out of it and start pointing all of their guns at one survivor on first sight because they meta the possibility they might be an antag.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeether View Post
    Eh, i'd feel like spawning as a fully-geared CLF might be too much. Not like you can't die in 5 slashes, but oh well.

Would be much more interesting to have a survivor have a really low chance to spawn as an Undercover agent of the CLF/UPP. Only problem with that is, well.

Marines would meta the hell out of it and start pointing all of their guns at one survivor on first sight because they meta the possibility they might be an antag.
    You can act as undercover agent already. But you do have to state that you are hostile to marines and you can't do any funny business on Almayer unless you were hostile groundside and marines captured you. So basically you can act hostile, try somehow to be captured and then try somehow to escape Brig.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post

Like CLF

Would spice shit up.
    Had some rounds where admins made all survivors PMCs or UPP, both rounds were choice both for RP and making surviving more interesting.
    Who knew that allowing survivors to have better equipment and training makes for more interesting roundstart shenanigans and RP opportunities later on?

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the ideas given in this thread,
    it would definitely be cool to see a small little basecamp/scouting outpost of sorts where CLF or UPP were holding in very small numbers.

The opportunities for that type of backstory would be amazing and contribute to not only influence the decisions made but also contribute heavily to RP on the allmayer/marines if they survived.

Definitely not a bunker like the secure armory but I was thinking more of the huts in the jungle on LV, one north of LZ2 and another by the lake.

You could have small camps with a lantern, randomized supplies(ie explosives, mats, ammo, food) and binos. Definitely not a spot to necessarily hold out at but it would contribute to the backstory of course. Areas that UPP might've had a forward observation post.

And then for CLF you could have a small medical tent out in the jungle away from the eyes of the colonial officials where there are wounded CLF, only you and maybe another CLF member are in fighting condition, some may have even chestbursted and now the situation has deteriorated enough where you have to get out of there and escape.
    Last edited by QuickLoad; 09-08-2019 at 09:34 PM.