User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xeno Structures Test - Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly don't see a problem with anything here, the concept of dying as Xeno now won't be as stressful or infuriating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I like the idea of a pool or something benos can drag dead xenos into and it respawns them as larva. Ain't too OP because they have to bring the body back and a good chunk of benos get GIBED anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see this becoming a great feature when combined with weakening of certain castes and strengthening of certain aspects.

But for a current power level balance, it would give xenos very much extra power.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing medevac PO that round so I didn't see the new structures at all. I do have several thoughts and questions on this, however:

• Why 1 minute respawn delay, instead of 5?
    • Considering how these structures provide rather aggressive boons to the hive, I presume this is evened out by making said buildings fragile, right?
    • What is the rough plasma cost of these? Is it prohibitive enough that a Hivelord can't pop one of these and then build an autism resin fort around it without any meaningful delay?
    • How will all of this, particularly the consumption of burrowed larvae, affect the ability of latejoiners to actually join the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • The buildings are incredibly fragile. I've seen a Spawn Pool destroyed by 1 single Drone slash.
    • The structures don't cost plasma; they cost a xeno's life. For example, for the Spawn Pool a Hivelord sacrifices it's life to make the Spawn Pool. That's why Drones can "farm" evo pods with a spawn pool; they build the evo pod, respawn and make another one.
    • Latejoiners will be able to take over chestburster larvae, or burrowed larvae. Respawning xenos don't use burrowed, they use the spawn pool. This might help the xeno side survive during the medpop->highpop transition, where marines usually reinforce their numbers but xenos don't.

In my opinion this would be great to make the xenos feel like an actual swarm, but the hive defenses should be buffed a bit; right now 4 SG's can gun their way into the hive and overpower the respawning T1 swarm.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    In my opinion this would be great to make the xenos feel like an actual swarm, but the hive defenses should be buffed a bit; right now 4 SG's can gun their way into the hive and overpower the respawning T1 swarm.
    Thanks for the answers!

Re: SGs, admins have said that a SG nerf is in the works. Specifically, a major wielded movespeed reduction in order to prevent smarties from singlehandedly wiping out benos.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I can see it going various ways.

If they nerf it an drones that just spawn evo chambers do not give larva... is this starcraft 1 or something?... then you will never see anyone making evo chambers since who wants to perma die or lose larva to just let snow flake WE-420-E5 get his autism ravager and then die as a young ravager over and over, or any tier 3 it doesnt matter wasting larva is a sin.

As is, Oh My God. This is broken OP as killing aliens basically does nothing they are truly endless. Not a wave and wave of tier 1s that need to wait for that sweet evo, no just endless waves of tier1-3s that just never stop since you will have drone players constantly refresh those evo chambers.

TBH I would remove the evo chambers as they will be pushing drone players to suicide for them or cause panic for xenos if drone players dont know to make them. The spawning pool without evo chambers should be fine as it will take time to see the dead regain there powers, it just means you need to actually keep the agression or be overran by xenos over time.

What if there is an hidden 'colonial burrowed population'? So you have maybe 100-200 burrowed for that and once you lose them the spawning pool stops working to EVENTUALLY make it so the aliens can be grinded down.

If nothing this all will need more testing to see how it works out.
    100-200 lol no, that's dumb, 30 max or marines will never ever have an inkling of a reason to do anything but metarush and zerg rush

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    100-200 lol no, that's dumb, 30 max or marines will never ever have an inkling of a reason to do anything but metarush and zerg rush
    >implying marines don't do that already

Xenos biggest limiting factor been always lack of ghosts and robust players to fill the slots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't this lead to really boring gameplay for drone? Make evo pod, spend 2 minutes waiting to evolve, repeat.
    If you make spawnpool on ship, will xenos start spawning there?