User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unmanned Ground Vehicle [Suggestion and WIP]

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternatively these drones could be manufactured throughout the round much like cyborgs on standard SS13 servers. This would give MTs something else to do besides fix reactors and troll the CL. Perhaps they could be ordered through ASRS as well, though I think adding them as another DEFCON reward is redundant since we already have emergency troops.

I agree with the notion that they should be player controlled AIs and not managed by engineers, as the role already has plenty on their hands already even during quiet moments during the op. Alternatively we could also allow UGVs to recover wounded marines and fulton corpses so they can help with cleanup detail at the front, much like how players can voluntarily ride cyborgs on other servers.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    back in my day we strapped a smartgunner to a chair and dragged him around!

Nah this is a really good idea though, albiet I share concerns that engineers already have enough responsibilities and/or toys. Maybe if each squad had one and the SL could hand out a controller for it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self amusement to add to the idea.

/datum/job/marine/drone
    title = "Squad Drone"
    comm_title = "Drone"
    paygrade = "E1"
    flag = ROLE_MARINE_DRONE
    department_flag = ROLEGROUP_MARINE_SQUAD_MARINES
    faction = "Station"
    total_positions = -1
    spawn_positions = -1
    access = list(ACCESS_IFF_MARINE, ACCESS_MARINE_PREP)
    minimal_access = list(ACCESS_IFF_MARINE, ACCESS_MARINE_PREP)
    minimal_player_age = 0
    flags_startup_parameters = ROLE_ADD_TO_DEFAULT|ROLE_ADD_TO_MODE|ROLE_ADD_TO_S QUAD

generate_entry_message()
    . = ..() + {"\nYou are the pinnacle of marine technology. An semi-autonomous drone that can lend small arms fire support, marine medical evac, or
    engineering support. Ooh-rah!"}

/datum/job/marine/standard/equipped
    flags_startup_parameters = ROLE_ADD_TO_SQUAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expanding on the seperate role list, perhaps have the drone be either a PFC kit or Req kit, with PFC kit version having barebones systems and one or two loadout choices, and the rest available from req?
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick reply. Haven't given up on the project. Just really sick right now. Bleh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still saying, should work like a PAI, engi activates it, white-listed ghosts are alerted to its activation (Like Preds), ghost hops in, becomes the drone.
    As for requirements for the whitelist, it really is just a glorified "Im not bald and can speak english" paper.
    Essentially an entry-grade white-list that can help you learn about being a emotion-less being, to eventually apply for synth.

Because having it be remote-controlled would be a hell, and the white-list help ensure the EXTREMELY useful drone is not attempting to rush the hive or blockade the entire CIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate all the feedback and great ideas. Apologies for not moving forward with this. I'm having to take an extended hiatus from working on this project while I get my life in order. Also, from playing CM-SS13 in general. I sure do miss playing with you all. Hope you all take care and that I can return to this project when I'm able to focus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    Alternatively these drones could be manufactured throughout the round much like cyborgs on standard SS13 servers. This would give MTs something else to do
    I love the idea of UGVs being built and/or managed by MTs. They could definitely use another task to keep the role from being engine and light repair all round. A small explosion when they're destroyed would also be cool (similar to the sentry gun).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a general reply to all posts, what about having the drone controlled by the squad's over-watch officer? That could give the SOs something to do and it could reinforce their role of being a support Intel role.
    Last edited by RIPEPLUMSTOEAT; 10-04-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred-Rattling-Reach View Post
    Still saying, should work like a PAI, engi activates it, white-listed ghosts are alerted to its activation (Like Preds), ghost hops in, becomes the drone.
    As for requirements for the whitelist, it really is just a glorified "Im not bald and can speak english" paper.
    Essentially an entry-grade white-list that can help you learn about being a emotion-less being, to eventually apply for synth.

Because having it be remote-controlled would be a hell, and the white-list help ensure the EXTREMELY useful drone is not attempting to rush the hive or blockade the entire CIC
    I've heard/ been told that there are not going to be anymore whitelists. Probably something with the a lot of structuring that goes into it and all that jazz. Probably just heavily watched and there is a high standard. Either way I like the idea!
    Spoiler Spoiler: