User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unmanned Ground Vehicle [Suggestion and WIP]

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This idea will gain more traction if you gitlab it!

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you won't, I will. Seriously, this looks like a blast to play and implement in the game.

The UGV role will 95% not be whitelisted, but instead have soft caps to how they can be procured and deployed during a round if they are ever accepted. A steep resource or intel requirement, for instance, prevent them from being commonplace and reserve them as an as-needed asset, much like how the LTB cannon works. Again, I believe having them as a ghost-only role would be ideal since it will both allow players to keep playing late in the game after permadeath and discourage people from trying to hog a UGV slot from roundstart, leaving more nominally useful roles such as medic or engineer empty.

Again, just gitlab it, format it so the devs don't have a heart attack figuring out how it should work, and you're golden.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Git lab it, this has potential.

It should be very weak to slashing, but very fast & nimble.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this idea..

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a gitlab format I mocked up. I encourage Snots to work on a gitlab or use mine.

#### Summary
    Squad Engineers gain the ability to vend a new support asset from the Engineer System Vendor, the 'Unmanned Ground Vehicle' (UGV). The UGV performs the role of mobile fire support and reconnaissance

#### Details
    The UGV is remote controlled by a Squad Engineer (requires the Squad Engi minimum of engineering skill to operate) via a control tablet.

When purchased the drone comes pre-assembled for the most part, only the rifle, box ammunition, and camera/sensors need to be mounted.

The drone comes with the following features
    • Inbuilt M41A Pulse Rifle
    • IFF tracking
    • Night Vision sensors
    • Unhindered by terrain type, snow, sand, etc.

The Pulse Rifle cannot be reloaded by the robot, it has to be ejected and reloaded manually by the operator with a unique ammo box. Functionally, the pulse rifle is identical to the M41A mk2 except it has IFF features. Furthermore the drone is decently fast for its size, able to cover distance quickly.

The Drone has several drawbacks. If the operator is pushed or interrupted, they lose control of the drone leaving it vulnerable. The drone cannot interact, open or drag world objects, it also cannot move up or down ladders by itself. The drone itself is lightweight, ergo it has limited durability against attacks, it will only be able to sustain damage from light small arms fire and or limited xeno slashes until it is destroyed, if damaged, it must be repaired with a blow torch and cable wires.

#### Benefits
    This drone would introduce a new and unique way for Engineers to engage with the round. It will provide the team using the drone with a unique recon and fire support asset without heavily impacting the games balance, as its firearm is a un-upgraded M41A with only IFF to grant it an edge. Its core strength would be its recon ability, assuming the engineer using it can communicate quickly.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am seriously blown away by how much attention this has gotten. All of what I have produced is free to use at any capacity for this game. I will try to made an update soon. I just have so much serious stuff going on in my life right now I'm trying to ground myself. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and feedback. You guys are great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this idea, a lot of engis end up going UNGA after they set up cades/or comms. This would def give them something cool to do while adding to the round.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC Snots View Post
    I am seriously blown away by how much attention this has gotten. All of what I have produced is free to use at any capacity for this game. I will try to made an update soon. I just have so much serious stuff going on in my life right now I'm trying to ground myself. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and feedback. You guys are great.

It�s a really good idea man!

Definitely throw it up on the Gitlab and apply for spriter.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This a supremely cool idea.

Not only that, but it seems to be quite balanced. This UGV is small and fairly weak, will not upset balance, and if it takes up an engi to man it, I see no tweaks needed to give the xeno side an equal advantage. This seems fair across the board, a new super cool source of RP and gameplay, and very very fun. It will be like a little baby synth. Officially requesting they can *ping and *buzz like other servers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be nice if you could use it to generate coordinates for mortar fire.