User Tag List

Thread: RingingEars - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RingingEars - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Ringingears
    Character Name?
    Ernie Barguckle
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Medic
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    fuck if i know.
    Total Ban Duration
    permanent for some reason.
    Remaining Duration
    eternity.
    What other servers do you play on?
    Adamantine station
    discordia [ru]
    [na] superstation 13
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    not to my knowledge.
    Reason for Ban
    logged out after a mp tasered me for calling him a faggot. he said he was gonna jail me for a half hour for it. i told him i'm just gonna ssd so he reported me cause his little dick had to be vindicated.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    meh i didnt screen cap anything.

i just don't get why i got job banned.
    like the 3 day ban i get cause MUH IMMERSION WAS BROKE TAWLKIN BOUT SSD AND HURT MP'S FEEFEES
    but i really don't get why i got job banned.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I'll be handling this appeal. I'll talk it over with other staff members and if we have any questions, comments or concerns I'll let you know so you can respond to them.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully I'll be able to clear up the rules for you. The ban note mentions 3 rules broken, but the most pertinent one for the jobban might be Rule 11. I'll copy paste the entirety here for convenience.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    That last sentence is the kicker. "If you leave without cryo�ing yourself or informing staff, you risk a job ban, especially if your job is an important one." You were dodging the IC consequences of your actions by logging out as soon as you got caught. Essentially, that wastes the squad medic slot and lets you get away with breaking marine law practically scott free. Of course real life takes precedence over a game and we wouldn't demand a player stay logged in when they can't, but that was clearly not the case here.

Now that that's been explained, would you like to 'redo' your appeal? No need to make a new thread (it gets confusing for bureaucracy reasons), you can give your updated reasoning/"Your Appeal" section in a new post below or just edit your first one. If you do, I highly recommend that you don't belittle other people even if you're pissed off at them because it reflects poorly on you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordukai View Post
    Hopefully I'll be able to clear up the rules for you. The ban note mentions 3 rules broken, but the most pertinent one for the jobban might be Rule 11. I'll copy paste the entirety here for convenience.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    That last sentence is the kicker. "If you leave without cryo�ing yourself or informing staff, you risk a job ban, especially if your job is an important one." You were dodging the IC consequences of your actions by logging out as soon as you got caught. Essentially, that wastes the squad medic slot and lets you get away with breaking marine law practically scott free. Of course real life takes precedence over a game and we wouldn't demand a player stay logged in when they can't, but that was clearly not the case here.

Now that that's been explained, would you like to 'redo' your appeal? No need to make a new thread (it gets confusing for bureaucracy reasons), you can give your updated reasoning/"Your Appeal" section in a new post below or just edit your first one. If you do, I highly recommend that you don't belittle other people even if you're pissed off at them because it reflects poorly on you.
    Shore!
    I guess I'll 'redo' my appeal by saying that if i'm unbanned from combat medic i'll cryo next time i go to log out. also i'm not going to talk to mp's anymore.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that mean if an MP calls you over/gives you an order/arrests you, you don't intend to respond or communicate with them at all?

Even though you're not appealing for the "3 day ban" part of this incident, we're still concerned about whether or not you'll follow the rules in general. If you go back to a limited and valuable role like squad medic and ignore the rules like that again, it would have been better if you just stayed jobbanned from squad medic.
    Last edited by Ordukai; 09-13-2019 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I mean is I'm not going to talk to them if I don't have to. if I HAVE to, then I'm going to keep it as short and simple as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruhhhh

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We talked it over, and this jobban is a bit too recent to lift. You can re-appeal in 30 days. That doesn't mean just "not log in for 30 days and try again". If you change your attitude towards MPs/other players in general and don't get more notes, I'm sure you'll be able to successfully appeal at that time.

Resolved- Denied.

Incidentally, please don't bump your thread.