Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kael - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Kael224

Player Name You Use Most?
    Pammy "Mother" Summers

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    In my opinion, the BE should be used only if :
    -The player is clearly trolling.
    -All the non-lethal options were used already.
    -We lack MPs or/and command staff.

Outside of that, if the player is just making some good RP and have a solid base to justify his actions, I will not use the BE. Under my eyes is the last resort tool who will FORCE a player to stop playing as a marine for the rest of the round.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    As a commander, my character would run the Almayer as her nickname dictated, like if a mother would be in charge of it. What does this mean?

As soon as the round starts, she will give simple and general orders to all the sectors of the ship (This usually helps those who are new playing the game or the role, it give them an objective). After orders are given, she will avoid any kind of micromanage in the ship outside the squads. The reason is simple, she has the RO, CMO, CE, etc.. for that so she will only interfere if they need some kind of special permission (like sending a doctor to the planet to assist the marines or when the CMP wants to send an LT/PO/TC etc.. to a cell.).
    If it happens and we have low pop problems like no one in cargo or no medics in medbay, no MPs, etc... she will just delegate that to the synthetic. If we don't have one, then she will do it by herself and help with cargo, the power, etc...until we have someone who can take of it.

After around 3 years what I have learned in CM is that Insults and yelling make everything worse so my character avoids unnecessary insults and yelling if possible but, she always acknowledges and compliment when marines do what they were told to do and make a good job.

If it happens and we have insubordinate in the ship, I will approach them and check for the next things:

-Is he trolling?
    If so, my character will send the MP and most likely execute him.
    -Does he know how to play the game, aka the chain of command?
    He is new and has no clue on how to play this game so I will just send him the wiki page in LOOC and give him some help to try to guide him. If he still breaks the rules and pushes me to, I will have to send the MP to take care of it and later demote him.
    -Is he trying to create some kind of RP with an actual reason?
    He knows the rules, he is not a troll and is, in reality, trying to create some RP. I will just take care of it myself and see call his attention, he ignores me and keeps going with his RP? Then I will have to send the MP and demote him. Does he keep going with the RP? I will have to send the MP again and put him in jail.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    IC: The job of the commander is to keep order in the Almayer, defuse conflicts before they start (Like the RO not sending crates to X squad because they were arguing in comms for example), give solutions to unregular problems or situations, coordinate with the rest of the command department and lead the marines to victory as an end.

OOC: To provide a fun round, no one is here to be yelled/insulted in a 2D game for 1 hour or to spend all the round in jail for a simple miss click and if it happens, fill the lack of personal in any kind of area like requisition, engineering, etc...

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Instead of having always the tactical map on the screen, I would like to have the option to lunch probes that show me a portion of the map (Caves and buildings) and where everyone in that area (Xenos and humans). The probe would last a few minutes and then we will have to lunch a new one.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I'm really friendly with new players, I always try to help them, give them the links for whatever role they are if I see they are having problems. I'm really patient and I will make sure the player has all the help I can give them to enjoy the round.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Born in 2138 born in Argentina, as she grows up his father, an ex-Sergeant, tell her all the stories about his time in the USCM

2156- She enlisted in the USCM at the age of 18 with the hope and dreams of a better future since his family was humble and couldn't afford a better life for her only daughter. She was assigned to the USS Cotry as a Private First Class.

2156 -The USS Cotry does a rescue operation in the U.P.P. planet, SVR-224.The intel they had was outdated and they were outnumbered. The Staff Sergeant Dave Rott is lost in action while trying to retrieve the Sergeant body. While panic starts to emerge in the squad, she remembers his father's tales and leads the squad to a safe location where they were extracted.

After the extraction, she was promoted to Staff Sergeant and was placed in charge of what it was left of his squad.

2169- The USS Cotry is sent for a grate scale operation to take over a U.U.P base in the planet SVR-224 once more. This time all the squads were involved but they were outnumbered again.

The Staff Sergeant and Squad Leader Pammy Summers was shoot in her groin. The squad medic did everything he could to stabilize her but she refused to leave the planet. The operation lasts 2 more hours until her squad made it to the headquarters and manage to take over the base.

When she came back to the USS Cotry the doctors did all in their power to extract the bullet and clean the wounded area in her stomach. Sadly she lost her uterus and was no longer able to have a child.

After the operation, she was rewarded with a Medal Of Valor and promoted to Letuniant, where she could use her exceptional leadership skills without being in danger.

-2173 The USS Cotry take part in a defensive operation against the U.U.P; all the squads were deployed on the planet LOS-103.

Pammy Summers was assigned to overwatch Alpha squad. She was given the nickname of "Mother" for her way of speak to the squad she was in charge of.

The USS Coty was running out of manpower and the only squad left was alpha, so they decide to send a distress signal. The USS Almayer intercepts it and in just a matter of minutes, they deploy all their squads forcing the U.U.P. retreat.

After the operation was done, the Captain from the USS Almayer offered the Lieutenant Pammy Summer the position of Commander and she accepts it. She is transferred to the USS Almayer the next week.

-2182 The USS Alamayer was running a simple search and destroy operation in a classified planet.

After almost ten years, the Captain decides to finally test the Commander Pammy Summers and gives her full control of the operation.

By the end of the operation, the captain approaches to the Commander and shake her hand.

"Outstanding work"

The same night the captain send a recommendation letter to promote the Commander Pammy Summers to Captain.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My issue with voting in favor of you comes in two points: the Application itself and Applicant Experience. Compared to most CO applications the length of this one does not inspire confidence in your capability of being able handle the role. Overall, the application seems rushed, incomplete, and poorly written; in other words it displays traits that I know personally I do not look forward seeing in the highest ranking officer on the Almayer. Coupled with my qualms with this application I have an issue with the amount of Command experience you are presenting. It is nice to see that you have been playing XO or command roles. However compared to other applicants vying to be whitelisted as CO this is 'chump change'. I appreciate the tenacity in making this application; however, if this was submitted after a longer period of game play to allow the community to get a better understanding of both your skills in command and to get to know you as an individual I am sure there would have been less hesitation to approve you to being whitelisted.

Do not give up in trying to become CO, we always need new blood in command. I wish to see more of you in the role but for now it'll be a

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1, consult accepted CO whitelist apps and ask the council for help then try again later.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pammy has been my XO a few times and does a good job to be honest. This app may not be the best but they understand command roles and perform them well.

+1 from me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    My issue with voting in favor of you comes in two points: the Application itself and Applicant Experience. Compared to most CO applications the length of this one does not inspire confidence in your capability of being able handle the role. Overall, the application seems rushed, incomplete, and poorly written; in other words it displays traits that I know personally I do not look forward seeing in the highest ranking officer on the Almayer. Coupled with my qualms with this application I have an issue with the amount of Command experience you are presenting. It is nice to see that you have been playing XO or command roles. However compared to other applicants vying to be whitelisted as CO this is 'chump change'. I appreciate the tenacity in making this application; however, if this was submitted after a longer period of game play to allow the community to get a better understanding of both your skills in command and to get to know you as an individual I am sure there would have been less hesitation to approve you to being whitelisted.

Do not give up in trying to become CO, we always need new blood in command. I wish to see more of you in the role but for now it'll be a

If it helps to understand the quality of this APP, English is not my native language. I have no problem at all and I understand every single word you guys say, but when I have to answer back with long and complex paragraphs (Like writing a story) the language barrier stops me a little bit.

With that said the reason why I made this APP is mainly because after the round is over, COs, tell me I have what is needed to become one. I understand if it looks like is poorly written, believe me when I say that it was not rushed and I hope you all can point out where my errors are so I can do a better job in case this is not enough.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    If it helps to understand the quality of this APP, English is not my native language. I have no problem at all and I understand every single word you guys say, but when I have to answer back with long and complex paragraphs (Like writing a story) the language barrier stops me a little bit.

With that said the reason why I made this APP is mainly because after the round is over, COs, tell me I have what is needed to become one. I understand if it looks like is poorly written, believe me when I say that it was not rushed and I hope you all can point out where my errors are so I can do a better job in case this is not enough.
    The basics are all there and anyone with eyes can see you hold potential as CO, but the lack of proofreading and thorough examination regarding your app speaks of a lack of effort that the role absolutely requires. The council is here to help, not beat you down. Consult them next time.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, it's that time again for questioning people to see if they've got what it to be a Captain, first off it seems like English might not be your first language, which is perfectly fine as it's a really stupid language, but that doesn't deter me from supporting your application, so please try to answer these scenarios with proper English or not, I can understand either way.

1. CMO Austin keeps begging to be deployed because he'd like to test out his version of Chem Grenades, he's asking to be combat deployed, what would you say as a CO? (In this situation, the hospital staff is at medium with 2 Researchers, and 2 Doctors).
    2. It appears your MPs have mutinied and rallied against you! The marines are opposed to your command for whatever reason, what do you do in this situation when your authority is put to question?
    3. The CL has barricaded himself in his room proclaiming himself an HEFP Knight, when clearly he is not. He's fired bullets at your MP, and people passing by, and is spreading false info around the ship, to High Command, and Weyland-Yutani, what do you do in this situation?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonOmet View Post
    Alright, it's that time again for questioning people to see if they've got what it to be a Captain, first off it seems like English might not be your first language, which is perfectly fine as it's a really stupid language, but that doesn't deter me from supporting your application, so please try to answer these scenarios with proper English or not, I can understand either way.

1. CMO Austin keeps begging to be deployed because he'd like to test out his version of Chem Grenades, he's asking to be combat deployed, what would you say as a CO? (In this situation, the hospital staff is at medium with 2 Researchers, and 2 Doctors).
    2. It appears your MPs have mutinied and rallied against you! The marines are opposed to your command for whatever reason, what do you do in this situation when your authority is put to question?
    3. The CL has barricaded himself in his room proclaiming himself an HEFP Knight, when clearly he is not. He's fired bullets at your MP, and people passing by, and is spreading false info around the ship, to High Command, and Weyland-Yutani, what do you do in this situation?
    1.-I know how hard it is to create those chem grenades and I know how badly they want to use it in someone lizards but, he is a doctor, not a marine. Assuming we have a synthetic and that we are holding in the FOB, I will do the next thing. First of all, I will check the grenades work (In case he is just lying to me and want to go down to shoot Xenos for lols). Second, I will assign the synthetic as a bodyguard for him. Third and last step, I will give him the order to don't use it by himself since he is not trained and can hurt the marines in the process. But he is free to give the grenade to whomever he believes is the best candidate and observe the grenade in action.He must return as soon as possible after he decides.

2.-I will ahelp because we can't have a mutiny who involve all and/or only the MPs.

3.-First of all, laugh while I check if he is crating RP and not looking for a lame reason to shoot persons. If I find out everything is in order OOCly and admins are allowing it (Since CLs can't self antag in any kind of way but admins are allowed to omit some rules if they believe is the best for the round) , I will ahelp and hope the CM code still has the knight armor so the CL can use it.

Now I will send the MPs to stop him, maybe even the CE if the CL has a good fort and we need to take down a few walls from behind for an ambush. Once we have him, demote him and instead of throwing him in jail or execute him, I will most likely send him to the kitchen so he can still contribute to the game in some way and RP.

Finally, I will send 1 fax explaining everything that happened and explaining the current situation of the CL.
    Last edited by Kael; 09-11-2019 at 12:43 PM.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This app shows a bit of lack of effort, but I have not seen you In-Game so I Will stay neutral for now.
    Try to play Command Roles in the Upcoming days / Weeks.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since I'm not good at combat, I have -ALL- command role at medium but XO (Is always at high).
    The other only role I have as open to play is SL and Spc, anyways, I hope we have some luck and play a round or two at the same time!