User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kael - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I like the way how you're trying to appease the player whilst also trying to use logic here to avoid any LRP, and I enjoy that. But it appears judging from 1 and 3. You might be a bit too well, "nice", you see if a CL was shooting at people in his office and barricades himself in there, why the fuck would you make him a chef? Sure he might not enjoy it if he gets BE'd, but again he knew what he was doing when he started fucking shooting people and barricading himself. But I did enjoy the way you answered 2. You can clearly seperate in game problems with out of character problems which is essential as a CO because if you can't separate in game problems with out of game problems you're going to struggle being a CO, personally I'm going to have to go neutral in this one. Perhaps try going as a CL or the many other roles there are and not just command, it's fine to play them and you get a good grip of what you're ordering your marines to do.

Best of luck man!

-Don

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time zone you play XO/SO? Haven�t seen you play XO that much.

Two scenarios

You have 3 squad engineers arrested it is 2 minutes before drop. Two are bravo engineers of which the squad was set to FOB. Those engineers were caught breaking down chairs for materials and when arrested they cursed out the MPs and will not deploy for 40 so minutes. The other is an delta engineer caught on insubordination for insulting you and the CMP. These engineers are the only engineers of bravo and delta what do you do?

You have two TCs arguing over who will be gunner. One is saying they don�t know the map and don�t want to drive and the other is tired of driving what do you do?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonOmet View Post
    1. I like the way how you're trying to appease the player whilst also trying to use logic here to avoid any LRP, and I enjoy that. But it appears judging from 1 and 3. You might be a bit too well, "nice", you see if a CL was shooting at people in his office and barricades himself in there, why the fuck would you make him a chef? Sure he might not enjoy it if he gets BE'd, but again he knew what he was doing when he started fucking shooting people and barricading himself. But I did enjoy the way you answered 2. You can clearly seperate in game problems with out of character problems which is essential as a CO because if you can't separate in game problems with out of game problems you're going to struggle being a CO, personally I'm going to have to go neutral in this one. Perhaps try going as a CL or the many other roles there are and not just command, it's fine to play them and you get a good grip of what you're ordering your marines to do.

Best of luck man!

-Don
    I'm perhaps too nice with them, yeah... but, hey! I know that we are all here to have fun and if that means watching a bomb blow up for the CMO why not?.
    Now for the CL, I didn't go for BE because for him to be allowed to even shoot an MP he needs admin permission (and is why in your case I asked the admins first). Meaning that he was trying to create RP (admins were ok with that) and I always reward or try to be as less severe as possible (without breaking character) when a player is creating good RP. But you are not wrong, he knew what he was doing since he started to shoot the MP and dead was an option.

Thanks for the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    What time zone you play XO/SO? Haven�t seen you play XO that much.

Two scenarios

You have 3 squad engineers arrested it is 2 minutes before drop. Two are bravo engineers of which the squad was set to FOB. Those engineers were caught breaking down chairs for materials and when arrested they cursed out the MPs and will not deploy for 40 so minutes. The other is an delta engineer caught on insubordination for insulting you and the CMP. These engineers are the only engineers of bravo and delta what do you do?

You have two TCs arguing over who will be gunner. One is saying they don�t know the map and don�t want to drive and the other is tired of driving what do you do?
    1.-I will assume the rest of the squads have 2 engineers for this scenario because it was not mentioned otherwise.

Usually, we have the same set of orders "FOB, Sweep , Tank squad and patrol/Fortify" for each operation. What I would do is move the engineers from the tank squad or the sweeping squad to the FOB squad and problem solve.
    Now, after I did that, I will go to the cells and check the engineers were doing what the MPs said they were doing. The last thing I want is the MPs breaking laws or abuse of their power to fuck up the round.

2.-Last time I check, you could open the map item and get your character into the tank. With that in mind, I will give the map to the TC who doesn't know the map and tell him to drive and learn.
    He can have it open as a mini-map without a problem and it will help him for future operations with different roles.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post

1.-I will assume the rest of the squads have 2 engineers for this scenario because it was not mentioned otherwise.

Usually, we have the same set of orders "FOB, Sweep , Tank squad and patrol/Fortify" for each operation. What I would do is move the engineers from the tank squad or the sweeping squad to the FOB squad and problem solve.
    Now, after I did that, I will go to the cells and check the engineers were doing what the MPs said they were doing. The last thing I want is the MPs breaking laws or abuse of their power to fuck up the round.

2.-Last time I check, you could open the map item and get your character into the tank. With that in mind, I will give the map to the TC who doesn't know the map and tell him to drive and learn.
    He can have it open as a mini-map without a problem and it will help him for future operations with different roles.
    Let go with what happens from there

For 1.
    Let have the scenario develop out from there, let say alpha is on tank squad and charlie was patrol, bravo FOB and Delta Sweep.
    Bravo has gotten wind by comms that there engineers are under arrest and now threaten mutiny and the other squads are in panic as they need to figure who is doing FOB duty now. Delta has some men complaining too take note, so if Bravo does mutiny/protest Delta might join too. Take note the tank squad and patrol squad will need engineers to fortify checkpoints, the tank squad needs a safe haven for the tank besides FOB such as hydro on LV or bar on Big Red or Ice and the patrol squad is thinking to fortify the area they are patrolling. Alpha and Charlie SOs have told you they have two engineers in each, you have 2 MTs, a CE, and a synth but the medical department is just a doctor, two researchers, and a CMO. The MPs are assumed to have done the arrests for those 3 engineers properly and it is now 12:25 and your meant to have the men dropped what do you do now?

Workable solution, it meant to be a change from the 3 PO dilemma were you have 1 noob PO and one good CASer and one who wants to run medivac and what do you do. It is not a bad idea to have the unsure TC driver just open a map and see where they should be going but they might resent you for siding with a TCer who just doesn't want to drive. Sometimes you got to look to think about more the mission integrity rather then trying to be neutral. An other answer would've been just tell them to find a solution between themselves as your the CO not a bloody referee.

Also it was a bit of a test on knowing how tankers work. So for tankers you need to see the map in a whole new light; aliens view the map one way, marines view it an other, engineers an other and so on. So if it was Big Red there is various paths you can take or cut to make sure you do not have to take forever getting back and forth, such as the medical shortcut. As CO/XO you do not need to know this perfectly but something to keep in the back of your mind that well it a tank, it can't fit everywhere and you need to plan the operation around it.

---
    Just want to see more how you react on the first question expanded as sometimes situations can evolve and deteriorate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let go with what happens from there

For 1.
    Let have the scenario develop out from there, let say alpha is on tank squad and charlie was patrol, bravo FOB and Delta Sweep.
    Bravo has gotten wind by comms that there engineers are under arrest and now threaten mutiny and the other squads are in panic as they need to figure who is doing FOB duty now. Delta has some men complaining too take note, so if Bravo does mutiny/protest Delta might join too. Take note the tank squad and patrol squad will need engineers to fortify checkpoints, the tank squad needs a safe haven for the tank besides FOB such as hydro on LV or bar on Big Red or Ice and the patrol squad is thinking to fortify the area they are patrolling. Alpha and Charlie SOs have told you they have two engineers in each, you have 2 MTs, a CE, and a synth but the medical department is just a doctor, two researchers, and a CMO. The MPs are assumed to have done the arrests for those 3 engineers properly and it is now 12:25 and your meant to have the men dropped what do you do now?

Workable solution, it meant to be a change from the 3 PO dilemma were you have 1 noob PO and one good CASer and one who wants to run medivac and what do you do. It is not a bad idea to have the unsure TC driver just open a map and see where they should be going but they might resent you for siding with a TCer who just doesn't want to drive. Sometimes you got to look to think about more the mission integrity rather then trying to be neutral. An other answer would've been just tell them to find a solution between themselves as your the CO not a bloody referee.

Also it was a bit of a test on knowing how tankers work. So for tankers you need to see the map in a whole new light; aliens view the map one way, marines view it an other, engineers an other and so on. So if it was Big Red there is various paths you can take or cut to make sure you do not have to take forever getting back and forth, such as the medical shortcut. As CO/XO you do not need to know this perfectly but something to keep in the back of your mind that well it a tank, it can't fit everywhere and you need to plan the operation around it.

---
    Just want to see more how you react on the first question expanded as sometimes situations can evolve and deteriorate
    Since a mutiny will place the operation at risk (And is always the last thing a CO wants to happen in the round), the smartest thing would be to walk to the brig and speak with the Engineers to evaluate a pardon. What I'm looking is to know the reason behind their actions.

They took down the chairs because there was no more metal in Req? or it was because the RO didn't want to spend points in more metal? Or just because they wanted to ? Or they lost the metal? Or they were just trolling?. After all the questions are done, if the answers convince me, I will pardon the engineers and let them go down.

If their answers are "Fuck you CO suck my dick"(Most likely they will answer that) or similars. I have to re-evaluate my options in the current situation.

Is minute 35 of the round, meaning that the briefing was done at 12:20 so they have 25 min left of jail time(If they were arrested as soon as I give the orders). Bravo and Delta might make a mutiny if they don't have answers on how and who will make the FOB without engineers.

I will use my tablet and give the next orders: (Let's assume we are in LV and after all the talk with the engineers we are at 12:35 approx. by that time the ship reactors are running and the OB is loaded.)

To all squads, we have some problems with a few engineers, follow the next orders:

Alpha, Hold in hydro with the tank and fortify it so we have a place to fall back in case anything happens. (The safe zone for the tank to repair, they have 2 engineers so they should be fine)

Bravo, Hold the LZ 1 area (Where the FOB was mended to happen in this scenario). We are sending the CE and two MTs down to build the FOB, make sure to protect them until they are done because as soon as the FOB is made we are sending them back to the Almayer. (By the time they are done the engineers are released from jail)

Charlie, keep the path from Nexus to Hydro safe. You are allowed to make cades if needed.

Delta, After you are done sweeping the colony, move to Hydro and secure it with Alpha. (since Delta have no engineers all they can do is fire support and/or help with their medics)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Since a mutiny will place the operation at risk (And is always the last thing a CO wants to happen in the round), the smartest thing would be to walk to the brig and speak with the Engineers to evaluate a pardon. What I'm looking is to know the reason behind their actions.

They took down the chairs because there was no more metal in Req? or it was because the RO didn't want to spend points in more metal? Or just because they wanted to ? Or they lost the metal? Or they were just trolling?. After all the questions are done, if the answers convince me, I will pardon the engineers and let them go down.

If their answers are "Fuck you CO suck my dick"(Most likely they will answer that) or similars. I have to re-evaluate my options in the current situation.

Is minute 35 of the round, meaning that the briefing was done at 12:20 so they have 25 min left of jail time(If they were arrested as soon as I give the orders). Bravo and Delta might make a mutiny if they don't have answers on how and who will make the FOB without engineers.

I will use my tablet and give the next orders: (Let's assume we are in LV and after all the talk with the engineers we are at 12:35 approx. by that time the ship reactors are running and the OB is loaded.)

To all squads, we have some problems with a few engineers, follow the next orders:

Alpha, Hold in hydro with the tank and fortify it so we have a place to fall back in case anything happens. (The safe zone for the tank to repair, they have 2 engineers so they should be fine)

Bravo, Hold the LZ 1 area (Where the FOB was mended to happen in this scenario). We are sending the CE and two MTs down to build the FOB, make sure to protect them until they are done because as soon as the FOB is made we are sending them back to the Almayer. (By the time they are done the engineers are released from jail)

Charlie, keep the path from Nexus to Hydro safe. You are allowed to make cades if needed.

Delta, After you are done sweeping the colony, move to Hydro and secure it with Alpha. (since Delta have no engineers all they can do is fire support and/or help with their medics)
    Sounds reasonable, evaluate the situation with the engineers and change your plans as needed. Sometimes you will get situations were you might have all the engineers huddle at FOB, sometimes you get 5 popular PFCs arrested and a squad wants to mutiny, delta LBH. Sounds like you know what to do if situation changes which is good and you keep it calm and not just pardon the engineers because 'muh operation'. Now it is somewhat valid also to just pardon the bravo engineers at least but it will rub the wrong way with the MPs and is not always as fun way to deal with it. At least you stick with your character of being a calm level-headed person.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds reasonable, evaluate the situation with the engineers and change your plans as needed. Sometimes you will get situations were you might have all the engineers huddle at FOB, sometimes you get 5 popular PFCs arrested and a squad wants to mutiny, delta LBH. Sounds like you know what to do if situation changes which is good and you keep it calm and not just pardon the engineers because 'muh operation'. Now it is somewhat valid also to just pardon the bravo engineers at least but it will rub the wrong way with the MPs and is not always as fun way to deal with it. At least you stick with your character of being a calm level-headed person.
    Thanks! As I said I'm not good at combat in this game so I had to learn to play it from the command point of view, always trying to be calm and reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, it just seems like you need experience, you said earlier you've never played SL, SL is a huge fucking important role to play as command, after learning this I'm actually going to have to,

time and experience man, that's all you need!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonOmet View Post
    Honestly, it just seems like you need experience, you said earlier you've never played SL, SL is a huge fucking important role to play as command, after learning this I'm actually going to have to,

time and experience man, that's all you need!
    I'm afraid you miss understand me or I didn't express myself right.
    I have played every single role in this game, from regular low-grade marine to XO, for around 3 years. I have been here since we had the cloning machine and we used to gather the head of marines to clone them. Believe me when I say that experience is the last thing I lack.
    Last edited by Kael; 09-14-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad! When you said you had lack of expertise in combat and you worded how you left SL and SPEC open, made me confuse. To offset that giant -1 I gave you, you may have this.

+1