User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kael - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen them in action when they were the XO while playing as the CO.
    While I mostly don't look at the actual format of the app unless it is intensively bad, such as showing no efforts at all, I do see the person on the actual gameplay before giving my opinion of the application.

But, despite that, even though I see them trying, I felt that they are still lacking some skills and experience as the XO when I saw them.
    It was probably around a week or two ago if I recall the date of it. I do know there is no such thing as 'Perfect on the first step', but to apply for the CO, I feel it is quite early.

However, answers from the questions the COs and the council made, along with the approval of theirs and their actual in-game actions, trying to show the best result?
    I really can't pass their efforts. Lacking skill is still a concern for me however, so I would make a neutral leaning to +1 on their app.
    I would likely go for the +1 if they actually have shown the improved skills as the commanding staff and spending much more time.

Edit - Actually, second thought. Why not we test your skills on the here, right now? This will prove your skills to the peoples in general.
    There are few things why I'm on the neutral but leaning to +1, and these questions will be the ones.

Situation 1. You're in the LV-624, northern Nexus is blocked off by the walls. Round has passed around 40 minutes, while Xenomorphs are holding the bridge gap really hard.
    Alpha, Charlie, Delta are supposed to be in the hydro for the hold, but you see the Delta and the Tank pushing in, while Alpha, falling back to the fitness.
    Charlie reports that hydro has 0 reinforcement, while Charlie Engineer is wondering in the Nexus.
    Two marine forces and the tank are doing the things that wasn't supposed to do so. What are you going to anounce on the annoucement?
    Please answer the question as if you're actually going to say on the annoucement.

Situation 2, right after the Situation 1.
    Uh-Oh. Fog has dropped down right after your first annoucement on the Situation 1. While Delta and the Tank proceeds into the containers, Alpha is already at the Nexus, some-how.
    Charlie now reports that there's massive flankers of T3s on the east of the Hydro, while Delta reports the main Xenomorph forces and the Queen at central caves.
    Commander, your orders?
    Please answer the question as if you're actually going to say on the annoucement.
    Last edited by Yuliy; 09-22-2019 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    I have seen them in action when they were the XO while playing as the CO.
    While I mostly don't look at the actual format of the app unless it is intensively bad, such as showing no efforts at all, I do see the person on the actual gameplay before giving my opinion of the application.

But, despite that, even though I see them trying, I felt that they are still lacking some skills and experience as the XO when I saw them.
    It was probably around a week or two ago if I recall the date of it. I do know there is no such thing as 'Perfect on the first step', but to apply for the CO, I feel it is quite early.

However, answers from the questions the COs and the council made, along with the approval of theirs and their actual in-game actions, trying to show the best result?
    I really can't pass their efforts. Lacking skill is still a concern for me however, so I would make a neutral leaning to +1 on their app.
    I would likely go for the +1 if they actually have shown the improved skills as the commanding staff and spending much more time.

Edit - Actually, second thought. Why not we test your skills on the here, right now? This will prove your skills to the peoples in general.
    There are few things why I'm on the neutral but leaning to +1, and these questions will be the ones.

Situation 1. You're in the LV-624, northern Nexus is blocked off by the walls. Round has passed around 40 minutes, while Xenomorphs are holding the bridge gap really hard.
    Alpha, Charlie, Delta are supposed to be in the hydro for the hold, but you see the Delta and the Tank pushing in, while Alpha, falling back to the fitness.
    Charlie reports that hydro has 0 reinforcement, while Charlie Engineer is wondering in the Nexus.
    Two marine forces and the tank are doing the things that wasn't supposed to do so. What are you going to anounce on the annoucement?

Situation 2, right after the Situation 1.
    Uh-Oh. Fog has dropped down right after your first annoucement on the Situation 1. While Delta and the Tank proceeds into the containers, Alpha is already at the Nexus, some-how.
    Charlie now reports that there's massive flankers of T3s on the east of the Hydro, while Delta reports the main Xenomorph forces and the Queen at central caves.
    Commander, your orders?
    First of all, I beg your pardon if I sound rude but, I personally had a hard time reading your post. With that in mind, I apologize if I miss something.

Situation 1 :
    I will assume I have 4 SOs and the rest of the squads have engineers.

I don't see the point of having the 4 squads in the front line at min 40 so I will move 2 back and leave 2 in the front.L

"Attention all squads, new orders:

Alpha Stay and hold hydro, make sure the tank is safe while you are there.
    Bravo fall back and make sure Nexus FOB is secure.
    Delta Reinforce Hydro while you hold it.
    Charlie, fortify the path from hydro to nexus and patrol it.
    -Mother"

Situation 2 :
    I will assume charlie and bravo did what I said because you don't say otherwise.

"Attention all squads,fog is down and we have reports of the main force with the queen at the east of hydro , new orders:

Alpha moves back to hydro and holds your position.
    Charlie Push north of hydro-nexus road as soon as you see alpha in position.
    Delta falls back and flanks the east of hydro..
    -Mother"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. You recognize a squad leader who tends to bend your orders, and any other XOs/CO's orders in general.
    Sometimes this leads to their squad being wiped out. However, one round they completely ignore your orders and lead their squad to a complete wipe.

How would you deal with this?

2. Elobrate on this. " After orders are given, she will avoid any kind of micromanage in the ship outside the squads."

2.5 It's 12:30 and no supply crates have been made( or even worked on) after you go to check on them after marines have dropped in requistions.. How do you step in and deal with this?

3. What is authorized from Code Green to Code DELTA, from weaponry to arrests, what can be ignored in Code Red and Delta?
    Last edited by Swagbag; 09-23-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    First of all, I beg your pardon if I sound rude but, I personally had a hard time reading your post. With that in mind, I apologize if I miss something.

Situation 1 :
    I will assume I have 4 SOs and the rest of the squads have engineers.

I don't see the point of having the 4 squads in the front line at min 40 so I will move 2 back and leave 2 in the front.L

"Attention all squads, new orders:

Alpha Stay and hold hydro, make sure the tank is safe while you are there.
    Bravo fall back and make sure Nexus FOB is secure.
    Delta Reinforce Hydro while you hold it.
    Charlie, fortify the path from hydro to nexus and patrol it.
    -Mother"

Situation 2 :
    I will assume charlie and bravo did what I said because you don't say otherwise.

"Attention all squads,fog is down and we have reports of the main force with the queen at the east of hydro , new orders:

Alpha moves back to hydro and holds your position.
    Charlie Push north of hydro-nexus road as soon as you see alpha in position.
    Delta falls back and flanks the east of hydro..
    -Mother"
    Apologize for the confusion. Clearer question's been sent via DM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    1. You recognize a squad leader who tends to bend your orders, and any other XOs/CO's orders in general.
    Sometimes this leads to their squad being wiped out. However, one round they completely ignore your orders and lead their squad to a complete wipe.

How would you deal with this?

2. Elobrate on this. " After orders are given, she will avoid any kind of micromanage in the ship outside the squads."

2.5 It's 12:30 and no supply crates have been made( or even worked on) after you go to check on them after marines have dropped in requistions.. How do you step in and deal with this?

3. What is authorized from Code Green to Code DELTA, from weaponry to arrests, what can be ignored in Code Red and Delta?
    1.- If we keep in mind that, all personnel employed by the USCM are mentally stable and physically fit for duty. They would not desert their post or go against the USCM without a good reason. Then, there is not a single reason for them (the SL) to not follow the orders I'm giving unless they are pure non-sense like "shoot your self".

So the right thing to do is Ahelp and check what is going on with an admin/mod because he is breaking his IC.

2.-With micromanage I mean the next thing :
    Most of the time I play, we have from 0 to 1 SOs.Meaning that I have to take care of 3 (If the SO is new and can't take 2) or 2 squads. If it happens and we have 4 SOs and 1 XO , what I always try to do is to give the orders to the SOs (Not in the radio) so they can do something else than sending a crate or drop the OB.

In many cases, when I'm a SO , the XO or CO just jump into the squad channel and give the orders. Making my experience in the game more ... boring. I actually had good feedback in this, the SOs don't go to cryo and report relevant information to me!

2.5.- Something, at least for me, is not clear in this question so I beg your pardon if I don't answer exactly what you were asking.

I will assume I did the usual briefing at 12:23 and deploy at 12:26 how my character always does. With that in mind, we have 4 min on the planet. A crate can be made in ... approx 10 min if is not 5. We don't need that much of rush into making and sending the supply crate in my opinion. (I see it as too much metagame and I try to wait until we have contacts first)

What I would do is speak with the RO and see what happened. Depending on what he answer me I will just order him to stop doing whatever he is doing and have the supply crate ready for the next 10-5 min.

3.-In code green weapons may be carried by deploying marines (m41, m39, shotguns, etc..), security (non-lethals and sidearms only), commissioned officers and cargo technicians (sidearms). All of them always in their holster.

In code blue, everyone in the Almayer is allowed to carry a pistol. Police can carry lethal weapons.

In code red, there are no weapon restrictions. Executions procedures can be ignored.

In code Delta, you can carry any kind of weapon. Executions and battle Executions procedures can be ignored. Any prisoner may be released if the MPs believe they are not a threat to the crew.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious question time.

Did you steal my idea bro?

A while ago I posted on the whitelist help about an idea I had about "southern lady" captain... who treats the ship like her home, detailed it out a bit. Was going to use the nickname "Mama". Still kicking the idea around so I havent applied yet.

So bro... you steal it?

I am half joking, I only care if it will impact my own whitelist app.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Serious question time.

A while ago I posted on the whitelist help about an idea I had about "southern lady" captain... who treats the ship like her home, detailed it out a bit. Was going to use the nickname "Mama". Still kicking the idea around so I havent applied yet.

So bro... you steal it?

Wanda did this as well but they've been inactive for a while.

Kael didn't see a response to an earlier question, but what is your time zone?
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious question time.

So bro... you steal it?

No need to worry, it wont affect your app. As long as you dont flame em of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    Wanda did this as well but they've been inactive for a while.

Kael didn't see a response to an earlier question, but what is your time zone?
    I'm at GMT -03:00 , I play around 1 or 2 rounds as minimum per day and always as XO/SO or IO/SL If my luck suck.

Serious question time.

So bro... you steal it?

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm in CM since a long time ago.I'm here since we had the Sulaco, and I don't want to lie but I even remember to play in an old map who was not the Sulaco as the starting area and I have some memories about the classic SS13 station was the war zone.I'm Pammy (Or Chloe for the first years) "Mother" Summers since the first time I joined the CM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm in CM since a long time ago.I'm here since we had the Sulaco, and I don't want to lie but I even remember to play in an old map who was not the Sulaco as the starting area and I have some memories about the classic SS13 station was the war zone.I'm Pammy (Or Chloe for the first years) "Mother" Summers since the first time I joined the CM.
    Well you have my vote. Maybe we can play back to back "mother" rounds and get munitied on.

Good luck!