User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kael - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Well you have my vote. Maybe we can play back to back "mother" rounds and get munitied on.

Good luck!
    That is the spirit!! hope we have son fun in future rounds , thanks for your vote!.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okie DOKIE, Just had you as XO for 2 rounds in a row. From what I can tell, You communicate a bit too little, barely making any announcements. You are also too busy overwatching, spending too little time delegating.
    Those are all fine and can be fixed with practice, HOWEVER.

Like, I'm fine if you just made a mistake and apologized to everyone, or at least the people that it affected. Everyone makes mistakes, I too, FF'd with the OB...
    You ESPECIALLY fail at recognizing and accepting mistakes, this is demonstrated after your BE on the FOB.

Killing and gibbing at least 13 marines while disabling the tank, you are heard to be blaming others for your mistake, that which was clearly yours, as you mistook the co-ords for a supply drop for co-ords for a BE. The speaker even implied that it was supply drop co-ords in the same phrase. You have not been heard once apologizing for your mistake, only blaming the speaker; who never intended to call in a BE.

One that never never admits their mistakes does not deserve to be forgiven of them either.

Last edited by Novacti; 09-28-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacti View Post
    Okie DOKIE, Just had you as XO for 2 rounds in a row. From what I can tell, You communicate a little too less, barely making any announcements. You are too busy overwatching, and spend too little time delegating.

You ESPECIALLY fail at recognizing and accepting mistakes, after your BE on the FOB.

Killing and gibbing at least 13 marines while disabling the tank, you are heard to be blaming others for your mistake, that which was clearly yours, as you mistook the co-ords for a supply drop for co-ords for a BE. The speaker even implied that it was supply drop co-ords in the same phrase. You have not been heard once apologizing for your mistake, only blaming the speaker; who never intended to call in a BE.

One that never never admits their mistakes does not deserve to be forgiven of them either.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you are wrong in the "fail at recognizing and accepting mistakes, after your BE on the FOB." I went to discord, ahelps and even in dchat and I apologize for my mistake after approx 5-3 min after the OB. Even talked with the SL who gave me the coords and I told him I was sorry for the problems, it was all a miscommunication problem(We both agree it was the reason behind the wrong OB) . I was alone in CIC and I had all the squad channels open as always, he gave me the coords in one text and then said it was for the crate in another. I missed the last one clarifying it was for the crate.

On a side note, I'm not afraid in admits my mistakes, we are not perfect and even whitelisted COs did the same mistake and it was not 13 gibs marines it was 5 (Not like it matter but I feel like you are trying to make the problem bigger with bigger numbers).

EDIT 1: It was not a BE now that I read your comment carefully, the scenario didn't meet the BE reqs.
    Last edited by Kael; 09-28-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okie DOKIE, Just had you as XO for 2 rounds in a row. From what I can tell, You communicate a bit too little, barely making any announcements. You are also too busy overwatching, spending too little time delegating.

Like, I'm fine if you just made a mistake and apologized to everyone, or at least the people that it affected. Everyone makes mistakes, I too, FF'd with the OB...
    You ESPECIALLY fail at recognizing and accepting mistakes, this is demonstrated after your BE on the FOB.

Now that you mention it, she kind of does fail at addressing her mistakes, I was CMP for a round and I had been told that Bravo Engineer had broken down chairs without permission, and I went to arrest the guy and take him in for questioning, asked her if she was sure, and she said yeah. So I arrest the guy, then that arrest turned into 5 arrests due to rioting, and me being the only MP on the ship. Told her about it, yet she blamed me for not "launching an investigation" into it, like what do you think I was doing? But, hey that's just my food for thought just in case anyone wanted to hear a similiar experience I had like Novacti's.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kael

I died in that BE, there were at least 8 marines around me when that BE hit, with at least a few more in the same stasis bag as I. All getting ready to evac, standing outside where the DS doors would open.
    You can count the tiles, the heads of the fallen marines just lay where they've been gibbed.

You accepted it as a comms problem after you blamed the person who sent the co-ords; not to you, but to req.
    You still didn't admit your mistake, even after it was clarified.

Cryoing after, not facing the mutiny that occurred shortly after and thus not facing the consequences of your actions.

You were not seen apologizing, only making excuses in Dchat.
    Last edited by Novacti; 09-29-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kael

I died in that BE, there were at least 8 marines around me when that BE hit, with at least a few more in the same stasis bag as I. All getting ready to evac, standing outside where the DS doors would open.
    You can count the tiles, the heads of the fallen marines just lay where they've been gibbed.

You accepted it as a comms problem after you blamed the person who sent the co-ords; not to you, but to req.
    You still didn't admit your mistake, even after it was clarified.

Cryoing after, not facing the mutiny that occurred shortly after and thus not facing the consequences of your actions.

You were not seen apologizing, only making excuses in Dchat.
    Good morning Novacti.

As I told you, they were 5 gibs (1/3 of what you said) marines confirmed by a moderator (He, of course, pm me after the OB and told me that information), but again it doesn't matter the amount of gibs.

Now about the same thing, you are addressing in this comment and in the previous one. In order to apologize to someone you must acknowledge that you are or did something wrong, so is implicit that I admitted my mistakes when I apologized in discord Dchat and in the ahelp.

I have no way to prove my actions in the ahelps or Dchats because I don't take screenshots while I play but I can't believe we have to take this to the point where I have to post a screenshot from someone else help to defend myself, here they are:

I did apologize, as I said in the previous comment:
    https://gyazo.com/3bc21ee174491eb591f9e01a80fbdd69

It was a miss-communication problem as you can see and read from my previous comments (The second part was lost in my chatbox for all the other channels talking, this is a screenshot of his chatbox):
    https://gyazo.com/5050434a58fef955cfa9f0be1828730c
    I blamed Charlie SL for the wrong OB? yes. Why? because I never saw the second part so for me he was the one who made the mistake until the admin showed me to logs. Since that very moment, I apologized to him to the marines and to everyone involved.

And I went to cryo not to avoid a mutiny but out of pure and unlimited shame of what happened because I know that I'm been observed and judged to become a CO and I did a big fucked up there. So please, if you are going to point your finger and accuse, at least have a solid base of statements. We can keep talking about these problems in MPs if you wish since this is not the place to keep this kind of discussion, you made your point I made my point.

Thanks for taking the time to read and bring your concerns to my application.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea bad OBs are just a fact of life for CIC rolls, too many people bum rush the laser and some spotters don�t have any concern on danger close. Heck I know a whitelisted CO who once OBed hydro killing like 20 marines. Probably won�t be held against you.

Otherwise cyroing to get out of a mutiny is valid response and is a no conflict resolution. Not a bad way to act.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Good morning Novacti.

As I told you, they were 5 gibs (1/3 of what you said) marines confirmed by a moderator (He, of course, pm me after the OB and told me that information), but again it doesn't matter the amount of gibs.

Now about the same thing, you are addressing in this comment and in the previous one. In order to apologize to someone you must acknowledge that you are or did something wrong, so is implicit that I admitted my mistakes when I apologized in discord Dchat and in the ahelp.

I have no way to prove my actions in the ahelps or Dchats because I don't take screenshots while I play but I can't believe we have to take this to the point where I have to post a screenshot from someone else help to defend myself, here they are:

I did apologize, as I said in the previous comment:
    https://gyazo.com/3bc21ee174491eb591f9e01a80fbdd69

It was a miss-communication problem as you can see and read from my previous comments (The second part was lost in my chatbox for all the other channels talking, this is a screenshot of his chatbox):
    https://gyazo.com/5050434a58fef955cfa9f0be1828730c
    I blamed Charlie SL for the wrong OB? yes. Why? because I never saw the second part so for me he was the one who made the mistake until the admin showed me to logs. Since that very moment, I apologized to him to the marines and to everyone involved.

And I went to cryo not to avoid a mutiny but out of pure and unlimited shame of what happened because I know that I'm been observed and judged to become a CO and I did a big fucked up there. So please, if you are going to point your finger and accuse, at least have a solid base of statements. We can keep talking about these problems in MPs if you wish since this is not the place to keep this kind of discussion, you made your point I made my point.

Thanks for taking the time to read and bring your concerns to my application.

I see, well, from where I died, there seemed to be a lot more gibs than the number of marines that died. The overestimation may have been induced by prejudice.

From my perspective as a ghost, no chat logs in either Dchat or otherwise prove that you have either explicitly stated your apology; no announcements and no IC verbal apologies, which would've been received by a larger audience.

The Charlie SL still mentioned the req officer in the first message, that should've been a dead giveaway that those co-ords were not for the OB.

I percieved that cryoing after the OB was an act of cowardice, not to avoid a violent confrontation. That was my opinion, others may see this as a decisive move. However, when I first noticed that you had cryoed, I thought that you were just too scared to face the actions that the crew was soon to enact against you.

Mistakes were made. It's OK to make mistakes. But it's even better to avoid trying to explain why you made the mistakes and make excuses, as it's better to simply apologize/acknowledge the mistake first and then keep in mind what caused it; if you are going to announce what caused the mistake, make sure it's negative about you to better avoid skepticism and a decrease in opinion.

I bid you goodluck on your journey not only to a pay grade of O5, but through life as well.
    This shall be the limit to my replies to such topic.
    Last edited by Novacti; 09-30-2019 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    My issue with voting in favor of you comes in two points: the Application itself and Applicant Experience. Compared to most CO applications the length of this one does not inspire confidence in your capability of being able handle the role. Overall, the application seems rushed, incomplete, and poorly written; in other words it displays traits that I know personally I do not look forward seeing in the highest ranking officer on the Almayer. Coupled with my qualms with this application I have an issue with the amount of Command experience you are presenting. It is nice to see that you have been playing XO or command roles. However compared to other applicants vying to be whitelisted as CO this is 'chump change'. I appreciate the tenacity in making this application; however, if this was submitted after a longer period of game play to allow the community to get a better understanding of both your skills in command and to get to know you as an individual I am sure there would have been less hesitation to approve you to being whitelisted.

Do not give up in trying to become CO, we always need new blood in command. I wish to see more of you in the role but for now it'll be a

-1 yeah.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciated some of your answers to the CO application questions and feel very very iffy about the others.

Such as

If so, my character will send the MP and most likely execute him.

Keep in mind, you don�t want to go around authorizing executions any chance you /get/, especially when there�s a chance they may go SSD and it might open up a slot if they are an important role, which is why permabrig is sometimes a better option.

STORY WISE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Anderut specifically had the same concern I wanted to bring up.

Read other applications, make sure your answers are more clear and in-depth. I'm confident about your potential, but I don't think you are quite ready.

Last edited by Swagbag; 10-06-2019 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Typos