User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kael - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. Initially I was on the fence about this app. On one hand the app itself is alright, nothing special. And while it may just be because I've been a lot less active as of late, I can't recall seeing you all that much in Command positions, so I myself have a hard time gauging how you perform. I can remember a few times though, and I can't think of any major complaints.

Regardless, the thing that really makes me think you're ready for the spot is how you've handled yourself in the app. You respond well to the criticism and remained composed even when given -1s, or something you've done in a previous round was brought up. You've done well to remain calm and collected, rather then respond to the criticism negatively, and I respect that. The argument has been brought up that you have potential, but need more time, and in my honest opinion, there's no better way to show off that potential by playing CO and having that trial by fire. Plus, you've had all the time that this app has been up to reflect on criticisms and play the game more.

So, I'll try my best to watch your start as a CO, but I think you'll do fine. Prove you can handle the role, and do us proud. You have my +1.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've been eyeing this one for awhile. In recent memory, this has been one of the most contested apps, both among the council and the community at-large. To run down each of the individual bits play-by-play;
    • Your app/story were a little on the mediocre end of things. And I don't think it was for a lack of effort, per se, just a lack of understanding our expectations.
    • Your answers to the questions have been mostly solid, and most important in the way you responded is your attitude. You've handled yourself pretty well throughout the criticisms/litany of questions.
    • In-game, you're pretty OK. I haven't seen you too often, but you understand the gist and do an adequate job.

All-in-all, it left me pretty neutral in opinion. And with split community input and a council split down the middle, neutral isn't really an opinion a tiebreaker is allowed to have. But I think Frans summed it up best; you have potential, and the best way to show off that potential is via a trial-by-fire. I'm going to extend you a +1 and the opportunity to show your supporters and/or detractors that you have what it takes.

Congratulations. That being said, given the nature of whitelist apps and how close this one is, it may or may not be subject to the Whitelist Maintainer for further review - entirely at their discretion. In the meantime, keep playing Command and getting that experience - there's more work to be done.

PS: Even I OB'd the FOB when I had my CO app up. Happens to the best of us B)
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    So I've been eyeing this one for awhile. In recent memory, this has been one of the most contested apps, both among the council and the community at-large. To run down each of the individual bits play-by-play;
    • Your app/story were a little on the mediocre end of things. And I don't think it was for a lack of effort, per se, just a lack of understanding our expectations.
    • Your answers to the questions have been mostly solid, and most important in the way you responded is your attitude. You've handled yourself pretty well throughout the criticisms/litany of questions.
    • In-game, you're pretty OK. I haven't seen you too often, but you understand the gist and do an adequate job.

All-in-all, it left me pretty neutral in opinion. And with split community input and a council split down the middle, neutral isn't really an opinion a tiebreaker is allowed to have. But I think Frans summed it up best; you have potential, and the best way to show off that potential is via a trial-by-fire. I'm going to extend you a +1 and the opportunity to show your supporters and/or detractors that you have what it takes.

Congratulations. That being said, given the nature of whitelist apps and how close this one is, it may or may not be subject to the Whitelist Maintainer for further review - entirely at their discretion. In the meantime, keep playing Command and getting that experience - there's more work to be done.

PS: Even I OB'd the FOB when I had my CO app up. Happens to the best of us B)
    Thank you for the support, I will try to do my best! , And a few COs told me the same thing, OB the FOB can happen to anyone. To be honest I was a little bit too worried.

Thanks for taking your time and commenting on my app!.

Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Feiffer View Post
    Right. Initially I was on the fence about this app. On one hand the app itself is alright, nothing special. And while it may just be because I've been a lot less active as of late, I can't recall seeing you all that much in Command positions, so I myself have a hard time gauging how you perform. I can remember a few times though, and I can't think of any major complaints.

Regardless, the thing that really makes me think you're ready for the spot is how you've handled yourself in the app. You respond well to the criticism and remained composed even when given -1s, or something you've done in a previous round was brought up. You've done well to remain calm and collected, rather then respond to the criticism negatively, and I respect that. The argument has been brought up that you have potential, but need more time, and in my honest opinion, there's no better way to show off that potential by playing CO and having that trial by fire. Plus, you've had all the time that this app has been up to reflect on criticisms and play the game more.

So, I'll try my best to watch your start as a CO, but I think you'll do fine. Prove you can handle the role, and do us proud. You have my +1.
    Thank you very much for your support, every single time I play CM I play mostly a command role, but I will try to keep playing them even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I appreciated some of your answers to the CO application questions and feel very very iffy about the others.

Such as

If so, my character will send the MP and most likely execute him.

Keep in mind, you don�t want to go around authorizing executions any chance you /get/, especially when there�s a chance they may go SSD and it might open up a slot if they are an important role, which is why permabrig is sometimes a better option.

STORY WISE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Anderut specifically had the same concern I wanted to bring up.

Read other applications, make sure your answers are more clear and in-depth. I'm confident about your potential, but I don't think you are quite ready.

I understand your point and it makes sense to think that. I have read every single one of the rejected and accepted APPs before writing mine (I took the idea of year by year story from one of them) , but I will try to read and ask for more help in the future before posting an application. Something I didn't like was to show my story before posting it but like you pointed out, the best is to do it. After all the white list channel is there to help.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right after 6 pages of deliberating whether or not we should give it to you.

It appears there is a majority rule that you SHOULD have this whitelist and I am inclined to agree.

I will inform Emerald as soon as possible.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WL updated serverside.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have your discord name so please PM me on the forums or at @OjDaJuiceMane#9019 on discord

And please make an administrative request for your CO Whitelist tag on the forum.