User Tag List

Thread: Vendors not loading the menus - Here is the Workaround.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool Vendors not loading the menus - Here is the Workaround.

Hello people, it's me again, and i am here to show how to deal with an issue that at SOME point you may have experienced.

Your menus at the vendors or the menu at the dropship controls not loading up.

First, let's understand the issue.

Menu rendering is done by an asset, which i belive to be Net Framework 4.0 (Unsure if is actually, but my research lead to it, Coders can explain better.), when the library fucks up with the interface, certain files are not found (Because byond code is ancient). This is where the error shows up:

winget: Element rpane.browseb not found.
    winset: Element rpane.rpanewindow not found.

Inb4: Reinstalling Net Framework won't solve / erasing your byond cache also won't work.

Over the 4 years i am here on the community, i found a simple workaround, but first you need to know how to identify if you are experiencing the issue.

To see if you are experiencing the issue, right click the Client window and click Options & Messages:

Spoiler Spoiler:

at the Options & Messages you should see the Errors:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

If you see those messages and your menu from that vendor is not loading then you're experiencing this issue.

The workaround is simple: If your Squad leader vendor dosen't open, go interact with something else, the armat weapons vendor or even the cafeteria's machinery, then return to interact with the Squad Leader's vendor again. in 95% of the occurances it fixes the issue and dosen't happen again as it only happens (Mostly) once, however Cargo Technicians, Doctors that handle chemistry, Pilot Officer should experience this issue more since their jobs depends of interaction with the consoles.

In the Case of the Pilot, interact with the nanomeds and then return.

If dosen't work, Relog and then give one minute till all resources reload and then interact with the machine again. As i said 95% of the times, this will fix the issue and probally won't happen again.

Have an CM gaming!
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe have it blasted on Discord, can�t hurt to try this for people with problems with the menu. Maybe even throw it in the wiki somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SL vendor ahelp started this didn�t it

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a nanoui issue and yeah you just need to interact with something else that uses nanoui to fix this. Not all machines use nanoui eg, the pill machine, cargo console, but most do.

The browserb error message is because of the skin.dmf having some issues and no one caring or knowing enough to fix it, I spent a week or so on it once and got nowhere.