User Tag List

Thread: Medical Gripes and my thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medical Gripes and my thoughts

Now anyone who's a medic main or likes helping medics find that dragging people is an absolute pain with intent blocking and roller beds are worse with people bumping each other.
    So while I was thinking about it and meming is dead chat I threw out the idea of carrying wounded, which got a small response that was positive. So I'll going to throw it out and have a discussion on it and maybe people can refine the idea.

Medical and wounded transport overhaul

Overview
    To make a method of transporting wounded marines which would make it less suffering to move wounded with a slight handicap with it being employed.

Methodology
    Like Xenomorphs can devour and transport captures. Marines should be able to carry other marines for the purpose of transporting them to a medic or to a safer area. The effect this would have would make dragging marines an option they can use for quick to use emergency transport but for a somewhat faster transport speed you could have a slight delay before you can carry said marine. This would also help with roller beds being bumped all over the place by marines as a squad moves around.

Limitations and balance
    As mention earlier I would have a slight delay before you can carry a marine.
    Both arms and hands MUST be present on the marine doing the carrying.
    Both hands are used to transport the marine meaning no one handed gyro shotguns to save you.
    Transport speed will be slightly slower than roller beds but much faster than dragging a marine along the ground.
    Internal damage for broken bones while moving will be the same as before.
    You can pick up standing people as well as people lying down.

Technical skills
    Coding
    Sprite work � So people know that marines are carrying one another, possibly to match sprites with equipment and player customisation.
    Limitations so that you don't get a tower of marines carrying each other, stop marines carrying xenos, escape pods count people carrying marines as two people for wieght requirements.

Summery
    This will give marines 3 methods of transporting people. From dragging people which is slow but gives a free hand, Carrying which gives a speed bonus to transport but makes them defenceless and roller beds which allow you to gain the benefits of the dragging with the speed that's faster than carrying with added benefits that mean you wont add internal damage when the wounded marine has un-splinted broken bones.

Gitlab link (if you want to vote it or something) as if democracy matters
    https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/5450
    Last edited by Mann handle; 01-03-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a secret way to do this already but is never done because internal damage while moving standing up people is horrendous

its better to drag and save them from massive brain damage / lung break, etc.

that is if they don't have a splint on said area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I actually like that moving around people with fucked bones fucks them up more. But it should really be a case that splints should be needed for all manners of non roller bed movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like this idea, having marines playing table tennis with my rollerbeds is awful.

Plus, having no gun in hand is a pretty big price to pay, enough for the speed boost.