Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyro Spec: A subject of debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    snip.
    This is why people should play both sides.
    Pyro spec is fine as it is and with the new update with the flamers too. Hell it became buffed.
    Pyro is for Area of denial and giving marines breather just in case you dont have a front FOB. Or if you want to clear stickies which always helps 100% all of the time.
    Rav charges at you with its pounce? It better be prepared to get RPGed in front of your green flames or get a barrage of rifle bullets after it charged you.

My problem here is that marines should always play as a team. Specs should not be able to 1v1 against a xeno. Marines should learn to stay together.
    The GL has transitioned to being a killer weapon instead of a support weapon that stuns xenos and other marines would finish them off.
    The HPR has transitioned into being a primary instead of a support weapon in where you need to bring portable barricades.
    I do think thats bad game design if you make everyone an individual instead of being co dependent to each other. Marines should be ALWAYS working with each other and not unga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a xenomain I can say that fire is one of the more deadly annoying things for xenos. Putting yourself out now also stuns you for 5 seconds leaving you vulnerable.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let rav and queen take "soft" armor damage from standing in flames. "Soft" damage to armor would drain it pretty fast, but could be healed fast too.
    That's it, no damage from flames nerfs required. Ravs and Queen are still hard counter for Pyro, but they can't simply stand on fire and this adds more of a support role for pyro. Rest of benos should be unaffected.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    yall focus on 1v1 TOO FUCKING MUCH. Xenos win 1v1. Get that through your head. XENOS WIN 1v1. That's how the game works. ITS ALSO A T3, T3 ARE FUCKING STRONG. You want your spec to be a 1 man army, well the fucking t3 are the specs of xenos.

Now that we got that out of the way. Pyro isn't just for damage. Its for crowd control. If you make everything take damage from fire then nothing can attack when pyro/flamers put down fire. Why do you think xenos just sit on the other side of fire looking at you? Cause it does a billion damage to run through it. If you make it where no xeno can go through fire to stop the retard flaming then A: it completely shuts down all xeno pushes making marine retreats free and making fob impossible to break and B: it lets marines push xenos back cause they can just flame, wait for flames to go out move a few tiles flame again over and over until xenos are pushed into a corner. Everyone who complains about ravagers doesn't play xeno. Yall have no idea what removing fire immunity would do to the balance of the game.
    This sums it up excellently and I don't think we're going to have it any other way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is teamwork?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    What is teamwork?
    its that weird bug that happens when you used HEDP instead of HEFA
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Authentically, no biological creature should be able to resist a flame effect that burns at half the temperature of the SUN!

In gameplay terms, some concessions need to be made for the wonderful effect of gameplay balance.

I'd at least argue that the Queen and Rav should at least be set on fire when struck, even if it deals no damage.

--

For the Pyros. While it is incredibly frustrating to have to deal with Ravagers and realise how impotent your kit is. I think it is wise to remember that you compensate by having very powerful AOE attacks that can utterly halt a xeno advance, or otherwise lockdown an area.

Honestly my only concern as Pyro is getting more Green and Blue ammo. Its easy to run out of it.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seconded, it was always goofy to me that the Queen and Rav were completely immune to all fire damage. Honestly its the reason I never play pyro or even use the flamethrower just because I know theirs always gonna be one of those big red bastards charging me down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you make Queen and Rav take fire damage than Marine win-rate will skyrocket, I guarantee it. Even if you just make them take damage from flames instead of being able to be caught on fire, it's still going to skyrocket because it will make FOB's living hell to push. Marine retreats will be free. Ravs and Queens can't push a FOB on their own. Marines would literally be able to hold out as long as they have flamethrower fuel, and that's more than enough time to get the tank repaired/rearmed, formulate a plan, etc.

Because pyro kit is deadlier than any other kit to literally every Xeno that isn't Rav or Queen. Getting set on fire means you have to stun yourself for 5 seconds, sometimes more. It also means your buddies have to come and help you put the flame out. After that, you probably need to rest and recover at least 40% of your health bar. You see what I'm getting at here? Fire puts Xenos out of commision, even if it doesn't kill them, and it does so for a long time. This is why it's such a good crowd control/Area of Denial tool. That's why it has such a hard counter in Ravs/Queens, because somone NEEDS to be able to take it out.

And of course, what MasterShakeEZ said. Xenos win 1v1. This is something every marine needs to learn. I think so many rounds of buckshotting Xenos PB has made people think that Xenos and Marines should be equal. They shouldn't be. Xenos win 1v1 and especially a T3 wins 1v1. Balancing Pyro for 1v1 (hell, balancing spec in general for 1v1, it should be a support class) is a stupid idea.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flamers are already extremely powerful, if you get rid of fire immunity now things like the tank and pyro spec will just be able to stomp the entire game.