Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replace perma with forced cyro

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace perma with forced cyro

Replace the perma lock up in brig with a force cyro system on unruly people. Would be similar to a death sentence but you don�t loose a roll. Tankers and IOs need to fear the law and they don�t because command will always bail them out due to mission integrity. With a force cyro system you can recycle those vital roles instead of praying for ssd to hit them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a bad idea, there is a big issue, especially with tankers taking hostage to the role and endangering the full operation.

Being able to terminate someone's ID in perma and open y the slot makes better sense, and it should be done only AFTER an appeal has been made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mps are scum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntasa View Post
    mps are scum
    source: delta marine

In all seriousness, I do agree with the idea. MP's should be able to actually enforce Marine Law without having to worry that the person their arresting is mission critical and about to bailed out by command. It would also help filter out the more grief-heavy tankers/IO's/etc. without having to get admins involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long story boring, I ended up as PO in the brig for 15 minutes. 15 minutes as the CAS PO. Last thing I heard before they took the headset off me was someone screaming for a fire mission which they never got.

15 minutes is a long time. I'd have preferred to have been perma-cryo'd and the role released to be honest. Some elements of the game shouldn't be subjected to the minimeta game of jail time - that's individual RP that can involve roles that are pretty key to a mission. So perma them and release the role if they've mucked up that badly.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would actually be a great change. People ghost when they're perma'd with a denied appeal anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this idea alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all mariness should start in perma and if they demonstrate good discipline then MPs could let the 5% most behaved out for the operation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilm View Post
    Long story boring, I ended up as PO in the brig for 15 minutes. 15 minutes as the CAS PO. Last thing I heard before they took the headset off me was someone screaming for a fire mission which they never got.

15 minutes is a long time. I'd have preferred to have been perma-cryo'd and the role released to be honest. Some elements of the game shouldn't be subjected to the minimeta game of jail time - that's individual RP that can involve roles that are pretty key to a mission. So perma them and release the role if they've mucked up that badly.
    As CAS PO you shouldnt be doing anything that would get you arrested in the first place.

The blame falls onto you not the MPs if you want to be a good PO then you should sit in the cockpit for 30minutes between CAS and medevacs like all good POs do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this a lot, though I worry it will tempt people into just going alien and being a shitter there instead.