User Tag List

Thread: Its a Good Time For Events Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a Good Time For Events Again

We are in dire need of events again.

Y'know , with the new map and strain of how to have a good match these days; having events would be a NICE RETURN. Also its a nice way to both encourage certain ways the maps can be used and just a bit more of a controlled atmosphere to bolster up. After a good set of months with them, more players had a bag of tricks for flanking, making FOBs, looping the maps and so on.
    . I really believe the current roster of players are missing out on some nice moments because gameplay meta "hurr-bur-durr" hubris.

My TOP pick for a event is a survivor heavy start off, where the colony/map is powered enough and semi functional. I'm hoping survivors would have intel on them or very near them to spice up the value. The idea is that: Finally marines have to protect a LIVE map, a real serve and protect mission.

A nice opposite styled event to that is the return of the Twin Hive. PERFECT for the big maps and an excuse to screw with making FOB castles. But mostly its for the hectic fun and something for xeno players to mess with. A little extra but, I remember a time ago, in months, where there was also a special, flame-breathing hyper ravager in the tomb area of LV to cut off a known route for xenos to take.

There are more ideas, but I feel these would be the more consistent of list. CM's RP is more of a 'play-along factor'. When more people are comfy with the outcomes and playstyles, there would be more fun to be had outside of 'getting the game'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well it is getting boring

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an event idea: Every event that benos are removed entirely is good event.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunaLova View Post
    We are in dire need of events again.

Y'know , with the new map and strain of how to have a good match these days; having events would be a NICE RETURN. Also its a nice way to both encourage certain ways the maps can be used and just a bit more of a controlled atmosphere to bolster up. After a good set of months with them, more players had a bag of tricks for flanking, making FOBs, looping the maps and so on.
    . I really believe the current roster of players are missing out on some nice moments because gameplay meta "hurr-bur-durr" hubris.

My TOP pick for a event is a survivor heavy start off, where the colony/map is powered enough and semi functional. I'm hoping survivors would have intel on them or very near them to spice up the value. The idea is that: Finally marines have to protect a LIVE map, a real serve and protect mission.

A nice opposite styled event to that is the return of the Twin Hive. PERFECT for the big maps and an excuse to screw with making FOB castles. But mostly its for the hectic fun and something for xeno players to mess with. A little extra but, I remember a time ago, in months, where there was also a special, flame-breathing hyper ravager in the tomb area of LV to cut off a known route for xenos to take.

There are more ideas, but I feel these would be the more consistent of list. CM's RP is more of a 'play-along factor'. When more people are comfy with the outcomes and playstyles, there would be more fun to be had outside of 'getting the game'
    The one time that we actually did a colonist RP event, it was going well until. But the people running it forgot that they said it took place before the marines arrived and just decided "Hey let's throw in a pizza that turns people into zombies."

And it's not like there weren't xenos, the xenos just got completely overshadowed by the zombies, which basically ruined the event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    The one time that we actually did a colonist RP event, it was going well until. But the people running it forgot that they said it took place before the marines arrived and just decided "Hey let's throw in a pizza that turns people into zombies."

And it's not like there weren't xenos, the xenos just got completely overshadowed by the zombies, which basically ruined the event.
    yeah because I killed the first drone with a bootknife and they barely spawned anymore and then when they did they got poopood on.
    beast

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    yeah because I killed the first drone with a bootknife and they barely spawned anymore and then when they did they got poopood on.
    I was the Young Drone you monster.

Young Drone will remember this.

Edit: I would like to point out that the whole of Dchat was screaming for stuff and Zombie virus was one of them. If you wanna influence rounds, main Dchat hehehe.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are zombies. Every round they go get their gear, they shuffle onto a dropship, then they drop and shamble to the xenos to eat their brains. Xenos kill the marines and they just keep coming back to life and coming back to eat more xeno brains. Every round is a zombie round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make good events.

Making a good base and supplying the ERTs you spawn in is good and all.

But what really can help set the scene are a few key ARES/other announcements throughout the round that are professionally written.

(Read: Not blatantly look like they were typed in haste - "zOmbies are in the AO. shoot to kill>" and misspelled)

For example of a good way to add setting, scene, IC considerations, and possibly even room for RP in a UPP Event >
    A ARES Announcement or Announcement from a UPP/USCM vessel in the beginning of the event
    A ARES Announcement or Announcement from a UPP/USCM vessel in the middle of the event/as the situation progresses
    A ARES Announcement or Announcement from a UPP/USCM vessel as the situation begins to end.

And that ^ is just a simple example of 3 simple, albeit what should be well-written announcements that should occur as the round moves through its process.

You don't need to tell everything with them, but a rough outline of a story helps a damn lot. Even in events that normally are chaotic and hellishly hard to understand, players find relief (if unconsciously) in these.

Most of the good events I've seen utilized a format similar to this, even if accidentally or not purposefully.
    Most of the bad events ignored it completely and chose to just spawn in some Antags, some gear and a base and call it a day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    Make good events.

Making a good base and supplying the ERTs you spawn in is good and all.

But what really can help set the scene are a few key ARES/other announcements throughout the round that are professionally written.

(Read: Not blatantly look like they were typed in haste - "zOmbies are in the AO. shoot to kill>" and misspelled)

For example of a good way to add setting, scene, IC considerations, and possibly even room for RP in a UPP Event >
    A ARES Announcement or Announcement from a UPP/USCM vessel in the beginning of the event
    A ARES Announcement or Announcement from a UPP/USCM vessel in the middle of the event/as the situation progresses
    A ARES Announcement or Announcement from a UPP/USCM vessel as the situation begins to end.

And that ^ is just a simple example of 3 simple, albeit what should be well-written announcements that should occur as the round moves through its process.

You don't need to tell everything with them, but a rough outline of a story helps a damn lot. Even in events that normally are chaotic and hellishly hard to understand, players find relief (if unconsciously) in these.

Most of the good events I've seen utilized a format similar to this, even if accidentally or not purposefully.
    Most of the bad events ignored it completely and chose to just spawn in some Antags, some gear and a base and call it a day.
    I understand what you say, and i can say why it's painfully hard to acomplish.

Usually, Events are done by 1-2 Admins, and a couple senior mods (Mods have no power to assist in events, except answering Ahelps or Faxes.) It's painful because they have to do so fast that some parts fail.

I can say that because some people can experience my Faxes (Mainly USCM Faxes) when i take my own Character Ensign Jason "Goliath" Williams as Inteligence Officer from USCM Airborne and Ground Support Brigade Combat Team Five or Team One as my Other USCM HC character RADM Janos Audron.

I take mostly 15-20 minutes to write up an fax, Because formatting it to look it cool is an bitch, more when you don't know how to HTML tag correctly and sometimes it shows something wrong (a random </p> or <b> without an </b>)

I would love to do an RP event or even have the Ability to do some USCM Announcements when a round start, the colony has AA guns, Captain has to call for support, an ship comes and OB the AA guns, it would take extra 10-15 minutes to deploy, but it would at least have an history.

I even though about doing small scale bombs on alamo during a dropoff to represent AA guns, but at current grenade status, it would lead to so many people going crit instantly.