User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we change up combat queen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we change up combat queen?

I think we can all agree, that combat queen right now is way too powerful with mutators. Previously the queen was so slow, that screech was hard to land, and you could be shut down easily by marines runnin after you. You had to rely on sticky fields for a safe escape, or a bunch of fellow xenos to protect you. If they care enough. I'm totally fine with a fast queen, it allows for more robust dodging, chasing and slashing. But it's simply too powerful with screech. It feels like godmode. Queen speed was nerfed in the first place with the removal of charge etc, just to prevent this kind of play. But now it is back.

So why don't we nerf screech? Or even replace it by something else and divert some of the queen's power to other xenomorphs. At least by something that takes more skill to land, so not every modest queen can carry a 5 xeno hive by screeching alone.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    This topic isn't about stopping queens from combat queening though. It's about making it less potent.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketrai View Post
    This topic isn't about stopping queens from combat queening though. It's about making it less potent.
    whats the difference?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why don't we nerf screech? Or even replace it by something else and divert some of the queen's power to other xenomorphs.

thats literally whats suggested in the gitlab i posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remove synaptizine toxin damage and get high toxin damage at OD? i think its a fair trade really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or probably make smoke grenades less than one second to use. Imagine the plays you can do with that to block queen screech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, smoke blocking screech is just a mechanic (screech only works on mobs in sight) that should be fixed as smoke doesn't block sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I'd like it if there are LESS incentive to be a combat queen.

Sure, as I have experienced myself, a good combat queen can take a bad situation and turn it around if they fight smart and use all their skills to the fullest. But on the OTHER hand, it also rewards a simplistic playstyle, rewarding queen players utilizing mindless aggression and brute force rather than rewarding queens who focus more on the leadership side of things.

Feweh said it a long time ago, and I say it again: The idea behind the ovi update was to make the queen more into a sort of "boss fight" that marines are expected to face off against once they get deep enough within the hive to trigger it. To deovi should be for serious situations, but many queens often deovi the second things look a little stressful, or even just deovi the moment fighting starts.

I want ovied queens to have more power, more benefits, and generally discourage queens from getting into combat willy-nilly.

With the mutation system, maybe we could use more "utility" mutations that a queen can use that are designed to benefit the hive as a whole in more unique ways, more abilities designed for support purposes, and maybe even just weakening the queen altogether so that fighting as them is far more risky as thus only done as a last resort.

course, I am one of those queens that prefers to be IN ovi, while most other queen players tell me how much they despise it, so what do I know?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make it so all hive mutators are disabled when you de-ovi.

This cuts the ENTIRE hive's combat ability by HALF in return for being the BIG BOSS, aka the personal mutators of a Queen + Screech.

Then it wouldn't be so ass to fight a Queen and her group of T3's with 2x mutators rushing you while your down on the floor from a AOE stun.

This is speaking as someone who loves playing Queen, and being a Combat Queen (since ovi is so fucking boring due to only being able to essentially do one ability, heal). Double mutators with screech makes Queen so good that it can push 60 + marines back to Almayer way too fast.