User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we change up combat queen?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When both sides agree something needs to be done and the devs don't do anything about it. Makes you wonder.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want mutators to stay, Screech and Wider Gas have to either be toned down or completely removed.

The reason for marine stomps is because we push hard and keep pushing till we corner xenos or do enough critical damage without xeno healing that T3's and/or Queen die. Aka the infamous "metarush"; keep pushing till you die. This tactic works better than you'd expect simply because of how fast T3's can grow to Elder right now if not rushed, and because of Elder Boiler Wider Gas FOB strikes ruining any chance of a come back if you don't rush early.

Even IF, SOMEHOW, you get past a Mature Boiler behind mass Sticky Resin spam with good teamwork and OB's, you ALSO have to face the Queen's AOE stun every 2 minutes + all of her T3's doing damage to you; presumably you are so far into enemy territory at this point that evacuation is out of the question.

The reason I say its out of the question is the moment you let up on the pressure, the Queen will just stroll up into your push and screech then wipe it. There is no way for marines to just "chill" and have time to recover like xenos do; we don't have any delay mechanisms worth a damn to stop most T3's.

Let me give you an example. As much as I disliked the tank, the TANK was the ULTIMATE symbol of Marine Firepower. If Xenos saw a Tank, they'd scurry back en mass and wait for Queen to have a way to stop it. This DELAY gave Marines a chance to call for supply drops, make barricades, call for medics to tend to wounded, and get medivacs up for severely wounded. This also gave time for those medivac'd to get surgery and know that if they re-deploy again, they aren't re-deploying into a lost planet since the Tank is still alive.

Without the Tank, marines don't have this assurance to keep Xenos in check so we just get steamrolled after the first failed push, and we can't turtle to regain our composure and do all the above because we get Queen Screech spammed and Elder Boiler Wider Gas spammed.

This is also why we win so many times on Almayer; because once we evac, we have that MUCH NEEDED delay to get surgery, get healed, re-stock on supplies, and most Queens are fine with waiting for their next evolution and hence mutators for all and herself. This is why most Queens get killed on Almayer; because we go up 20 wounded, 10 critical, 20 battle worthy with barely any supplies and they go up to face us ALL BATTLE WORTHY AND FULLY SUPPLIED UP by the time they choose to go up, and they drop onto OUR terrain with no weeds, no resin, and in a easily rushable position.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    snip.
    I have advocated for removal of wider gas and screech as well as not removing the tank. I don't know how but swagile and I are in agreement. This feels dirty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks, I've been talking about nerfing/removing Speed+Drag Speed+Wider Gas too ever since the old forum, look : https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...239119#p239119

We can easily understand what is unfair and broken, it's just on the devs to fix it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank isn't very fun either. I'd rather the marines have something else powerful to delay that doesn't rely on a one hit kill. Remove screech, keep tank removed, and maybe tone down sadar. One hit KOs, long stuns and instakills are just those cheesy things that always work when they work, and give one side way too much advantage. The only reason the sadar ain't the redicilous powerhouse the queen is, is because they're reliant on their surrounding marines not to fuck up, limited ammo, and the fact they're as squishy as the rest of em (I played sadar, I know fully well that if you don't pull the game early, you'll become a liability later) . Meanwhile the queen is a tanky mothertrucking powerhouse... with the main strength being : infinite supplies. Queen is stronger than tank and sadar because unless you straight up kill the queen, that thing is gonna come back fully healed with a screech of pain.

Also we still haven't fixed the issue that elder+ xenos are simply too powerful. A young queen can be shut down, a mature with some luck. But elder? if you kill that off the almayer, you're a god.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ketrai in the other thread you were talking about being a xeno god that gets no challenge from the game anymore. Here you are scared of the tank. Which is it bro? Tank dont 1 hit shit that dont stand infront of it. Git gud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Ketrai in the other thread you were talking about being a xeno god that gets no challenge from the game anymore. Here you are scared of the tank. Which is it bro? Tank dont 1 hit shit that dont stand infront of it. Git gud.
    I'm not saying you never get challenged. Tank like the sadar, can eternally stun tier threes and instagib anything else. And tank can always catch you by surprise. Easy enough to avoid when there's no lights and you know they won't shoot you because they don't have NVG like the scout. But horrific if you're playing on a map, tank is suddenly enabled. YOu don't know tank is enabled, and bam, gibbed out of nowhere. A good tanked will just use the LBT to off-screen gib xenos like a sadar will patiently wait for a miniscope shot to open up. (which they can't do realistically anymore, since the nerf) Sure, with the speed it's easy enough to bait the shells or avoid them, if you don't get caught on the edge of the explosion. But it's a case of either getting instantly killed, and having to start over. Or dabbing on the tank. I'd rather not take the risk.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you even play when the tank was in every round? Sounds like you have only played against it in events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Did you even play when the tank was in every round? Sounds like you have only played against it in events
    I have. It was around the time I started playing cm. When I was still that naive xeno that served as cannon fodder, or a boiler too scared to take any risks. Many rounds just consisted of xenos being scared to leave the caves, and wait for the queen to come deal with the tank. If you did push back marines, there was always the chance that out of nowhere, a tank shell would come for you and gib you. Back then I didn't get all the different paths around big red and such that well yet. So I didn't know which lanes were good spots for the tank to just shell you from miles away. Marines always had to cling to, and die with the tank. I also saw plenty of marines get murdered by the tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove combat queen and watch marine wins soar.

Make any update that nerfs the xeno directly like removing mutations ... even when the queen is combat...

Watch marine wins soar.