User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marine loadouts: EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED edition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watched a marine dump an entire M39 magazine into a queen at close range and only drop it to slightly injured, do not be fooled, m39 is still garbo

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally stick to my good old loadout.

M41A RDS+VGrip or UGL with 4 HEDPs. Load AP and burst some xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a squad engineer main I keep it simple. Mag harness to ensure I don't lose my rifle, bayonet to help clear weeds, and the UGL loaded with two HIDP for area denial.

When I do go PFC it tends to be as a late joiner and not being sure that I can get attachments from RO I tend to just go for multiple guns. Pistol belt with m4a3, Rifle with rail light and angled grip, shotgun with rail light and bayonet with slugs. Webbing to store ammo in. The last 15p usually go to either AP mag or Extended mag.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you aren't rocking three machetes, you are doing something wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just use bayonet and rail flashlight. It's pretty great.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFC:
    M41 + Miniscope/VG/AG/Skelestock/BC
    M37 + Mag Harness/Flashlight/AG/Bayonet/BC with Buckshot ammo
    Webbing + 2 AP Mags from vendor
    First aid pouch + flare pouch
    Buckshot ammo stored in webbing. M41 ammo in ammo rig. No backpack/satchel.

The M41 lets me shoot at longer ranges. The M37 lets me scare off lurkers and runners and deal more damage to T3's that get too close, plus I'll always have the shotgun with me if I've got the mag harness on it - which is useful if you get captured but not paincrit.

Biggest downside with this is the lack of shotgun ammo. I tend to go through the buckshot pretty quickly.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a lot of fun with sniper flak. Queen got critted and if I didn't had last bullet in my flak mag I would've killed her. Instead I forced retreat of 10 xenos on ICE. I mean... it deals pure damage that ignores armor (tho it deals only half of bullet's pure damage) in radius 2. It's not a fucking joke.

Now, a dev feedback from me on other stuff:

Pistols: Mostly untouched. Will work on em later

SMG: Happy where it is right now. Not good against armored xenos, great against unarmored xenos. Unhappy that marines are still calling most stocks garbage, although I heard good opinions too. I think it's mostly related to speed mutators.

Shotgun: Super happy where it ended, maybe besides flechette. Buckshot no longer instakills but can crit t1/t2's at range. Slug does what is should - high range armor buster. Flechette... well... only useful targets right now are crushers that focused too much on armor (which is basically every crusher), flechette PB deals around 40% of health to them. The combat, for me personally, with shotgun felt awesome. No longer every time I killed someone I had to spend 50% of my life in burn damage.

Rifle: Pretty much happy that it is now standard weapon. Will see where it goes from here.

HPR: Unhappy that it's only viable with bipod and QF. Need to change it.

Scopes: Absolutely unhappy. Need more work

Bipod: Too good in few cases, absolute trash in other. Needs more work. I mean... why even take bipod for the sniper rifle?

Scope on RPG: Probably need to reduce time to wield

In general, biggest offender is that we use values instead of %-ages, changing which will be my future goal for marines and xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have old man Alzheimer's but I recall a time when the quickfire adapter used to fit on the M4A1. If I am remembering wrong, then I think it's time for it. The whole nature of the rifle is to be modular and with the right attachments you can have it fit various roles... except one. It can't be used as a SAW, or a baby one anyways. Even with the bipod FINALLY being good, albeit niche, its effectiveness is still tied to a quickfire adapter. See where I'm going? If I can turn it into a mini-sniper, I should be able to turn it into a mini-machinegun if I'm stuck on FOB duty.

Anyways, mini-rant over with.

I think most marines weapons are pretty viable these days, which I am happy about, but I still have a personal favourite loadout.

M4 with a flashlight, masterkey shotgun and an extended barrel.

The flashlight is obvious, every robust marine knows how important vision is. I like the masterkey because I feel like it fills in the weaknesses in the platform, mainly the M4s lack of burst damage and close range DPS. Good xeno players know they can rush a marine with an M4 at close range and win, but you can bait them with that knowledge and give them some buckshot for their trouble.

The extended barrel is all you need for an accuracy boost for the M4. While anecdotal, I know the damage difference is so small as not to be worth considering. Changing the amount of bullets to drop a runner from 6 to 7 rounds rarely makes a difference, but being able to hit him at, or past, the screen edge usually does, especially when they have a crazy dodge chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with any loadout that relies on BC is that they're simply not in high stock, and relies on reputation/req giving them to first askers to reliably aquire.

That said, my favored Pulse Rifle loadout is plain and simple:
    -RDS
    -Bayonet
    -Angled Grip

Decent damage output, good accuracy, good reaction time, doesn't cost req anything, you can get them all as a PFC from your own vendor, or have req provide attachies and get AP or nades instead.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When rolling PFC, I like to fill a certain role in my squad so I base my load-out around that. That said, here's my two favorite loadouts.

My PFC Flamer Loadout:
    Uses: Covering flanks when pushing, clearing sticky weed nests
    Watch for: FF, do not use in front of pushes or during any CQC

Primary - Flamer with Mag harness in armor slot
    Secondary - SMG in M39 holster with RDS, Lasersight, Suppressor, and Parastock (A great primary on its own and very reliable when you can't use flamer)
    Satchel - +1 Incin tank, +1 Regular Extinguisher, M39 AP ammo
    Pockets - First aid pouch, Mini extinguisher
    Webbing - AP M39 Ammo + 2nd First aid pouch contents

My Second PFC Loadout Shotty/Snipes:
    Uses: Boiler harassment, Scouting and calling out enemy locations, Defense while maintaining strong push/CQC capabilities
    Watch for: Positioning, M4 only useful in cades and shotty needs practice to be reliable

Primary - M4 with Rail Scope, Bipod, Stock, EB on Back
    Secondary - Shotty with mag harness and agrip on armor slot
    Pockets - 2 First aid pouches (Which PFC don't carry 2?)
    Belt - 3 M4 Clips, 2 Buckshot stacks
    Webbing - 1 M4 Clip, 2 buckshot stacks

Typically I like to take a defensive role with my second loadout and focus on following and pushing boilers back as far as I can to slow down a push.
    Last edited by Kocoa; 01-08-2019 at 06:55 PM.