User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marine loadouts: EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED edition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Briefly, there was a time before the paratrooper stock, and before the burst fire speed was reduced, where the M39 ammunition was changed, but the gun itself was not. For that week, and that week alone I walked among my fellow privates with a pocket beno destroyer. The burst fire was on par with a smart gun, but more accurate, higher damage, better penetration. The moving accuracy one handed with a gyro + SMG stock was stupidly high. I was able to scare off warriors to ravagers. The 1 - tile hall was my kingdom, the benos my victims. Pairing all that with a machete and unga-juice if I could get my hands on it (And if not, punching two pain-stops before a charge), I was able to adopt an exceptionally aggressive playstyle well suited to close quarters as well as long shot halls. Two bursts and a boiler dropped, one burst scared off most everything else if it got too close. The three shots in rapid succession, with a tiny cooldown allowed for incredible damage output when loaded with AP. Even regular ammunition was very strong, two bursts scaring off armored targets. So long as I didn't engage alone and had guns behind me, I had no fear of being pounced and hurt, as my fellow ungas behind me would scare the benos off. I loved it, I took an SMG every round non stop.

However, now that the burstfire sucks and the weapon was diddled by my fellow devs, I stick to the classic pulse rifle shotgun combo. It was beautiful, but all good things cannot last. The SMG in my opinion is, well it's okay. It's more of a support weapon, which is what it's supposed to be. I'm still a bit annoyed that the burstfire is hands down useless now. Regardless, it's a good gun to take to swap up your playstyle here and there. It's better suited for CQC than the pulse rifle, and the damage output with AP is still very respectable on single-fire so long as you can land your shots. In it's present state, the SMG can still very easily solo any of the spitter caste, so long as they miss their neuro and you land 3+ shots. More effectively a warding weapon than a pushing one.

Briefly I took a revolver only for a few rounds. Why? Well you can stick the revolver belt on your armor slot, and another on your belt, for maximum speed loader goodness. Not to mention no one ever asks for M44 Marksmen loaders (AP - .44), so if you go last in Req, or it's low-pop, they're more often than not happy to give you their entire supply.

With a QFA, BC, Laser-Sight, and a Marksmen stock, the revolver becomes a very very shitty carbine. The accuracy goes to piss if you take a bayonet. Your only takes Should be a BC or EB, otherwise you won't be hitting shit, and if you do manage a lucky shot it's like a tickle. The strength of the revolver lies in the QFA and marksmen rounds. At close range the ability to put down range higher powered AP rounds than a regular pulse rifle enables good sustained burst potential, however you're a sitting duck when you have to reload. Not to mention, req will NEVER send down spare .44 rounds. So pack two bags of speed loaders and leave them at the FOB. In the end, you're better off taking a Pulse Rifle with AP, you'll have higher damage potential anyway.

The Revolver meme is amusing, but you will tire of it quickly, the accuracy and range penalties make the dream of a true revolver sniper near impossible. Even with a railscope, your bullets won't go where you want them too. It can be used as a warding weapon, but nothing much else. The chance to get a BC, which really does enable actual damage on the thing, is nigh impossible, and relies on a really dumb, or really meta-buddy req.

In the end, the Pulse Rifle is king of the PFC's arsenal, with all the other weapons serving niche, non-standard roles that only allow them to shine under specific circumstances. With the rest of the round spent floundering looking for those circumstances. If you know whats good for you, take a Pulse Rifle. Stick a Holdout Pistol (Assuming you can find one planetside) in your boot, a knife in your mouth, and forget everything else.

If you ever see me as SL (Stegnov Denisovich), this is what I'll be carrying:

Primary - Shotgun with Bayonet, Harness. Loaded with a mix of buck and slugs. Usually alternating. Perfect for corner peaking spit castes that get far too close to the jarhead convention.
    Secondary - Pulse Rifle with BC/Bayonet, RDS, Masterkey. Keep it on the back as a harassment weapon. Webbing & Armor are full of AP mags.
    Pockets - Med-kit pouch, with 'borrowed' advanced first aid kit from medical. If I can, a bottle of Inav & Bicardine in said med-kit. Large General pouch, for C4, binocs, booze.
    Last edited by Triiodine; 01-08-2019 at 07:15 PM.

I am the art style.

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulse Rifle:
    Angled Grip
    RDS

Shotgun:
    Angled Grip
    Rail Light
    Bayonet

Armor:
    Pistol mag
    Cigarette pack with lighter inside

Standard ammo belt:
    1-2 AP rifle mags, rest regular ammo

Webbing:
    3 Buckshot handfuls

First aid pouch

Sidearm pouch:
    Service pistol with rail light

No helmet wear a headband cause you�re too cool to die
    Last edited by liltiptop; 01-08-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter how much the game changes, rail flashlight + bayonet will never let you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A really long response because I went in a tangent after the first three lines

People underestimate the Masterkey. When you see a drone try to do a hugger drive by, just step in front of it and shoot the masterkey, they will all get spooked and run.
    Mini flamer is a beast if you can get a welder pack/pyro backpack.
    Back when BC buffed both these things, times were good and should be readded.

Nowadays, BC ain't that worth it, you lose out on dps with the firerate drop, not to mention its rarity.
    The Bayo is ALRIGHT, but not worth it unless you have a stock to go with it.
    Real talk, no muzzle attachment is beast. You get good DPS, and other attachments usually won't decrease the accuracy, they'll increase it more likely.

As for rail attachments, most aren't worth it except mini rail scope and RDS. Even then, the former is somewhat awkward to use to get the buff you want, and the ladder won't work if you actually WANT to kill benos, you gotta chase them to be able to kill them. The Rail light however, that's good shit.

If they brought back the QFA, all beautiful hell would break loose. The M41A would become so much more fun and have more variety. Ideally make it lose BC levels of accuracy so the barrel has to be an accuracy booster. This makes DPS builds good shit.

Underbarrel is a loose cannon slot. Anything goes. Everyone goes for grip accuracy, but real talk, accuracy is best for medium range, if you don't have a scope, don't go for long range. It's like real life military tactics, sometimes it's better to have a larger burst range in order to have a higher chance of at least one bullet hitting a moving target. Rarely are you gonna get a burst fire to hit all the bullet on a runner, but if you have a large range, at least one will hit and the xeno will get spooked if clipped enough.

All in all, it's alright. I especially like how the most "canon" lorelike build is pretty viable so far, such as, Rail light/laser sight. Even the rifle from the vendor is good, I just wish the nades blew up faster. Considering how CM seems to take plenty of inspiration from Aliens: Infestation and the M41A there has a soldier: 76 nade launcher, the ones here are underwhelming.

A few complaints are some of the incorrect weapons in the game according to their origin. The HPR is supposed to have an extended barrel that could be detached, instead, you can't use an EB on the HPR. The Bipod slot and ammo is exactly as intended though, good shit.
    The MK1 is supposed to have a grenade launcher too.
    The XM99A is missing.
    The NSG 23 assault rifle is missing too.

If I had any wishes, I'd hope for the BC to be able to buff the mini flamer and masterkey again. And a pistol stock.

Dear god PLEASE a pistol stock. Like the pic related.

Last edited by Challade; 01-16-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mini rail scope, UGL, as many HEDP grenades as I can fool Req into giving me. I always take 2 HEFA. One for throwing into enclosed spaces with Benos and one for ending it if I'm captured, also ending the other ten prisoners on screen. Cant wait for the day the UGL has more range than throwing it manually.

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocoa View Post
    Pockets - 2 First aid pouches (Which PFC don't carry 2?)
    Why take 2 First aid pouches? You can fit a pain-stop and a first aid injector in your helmet so you have double the injectors and have an open pocket for something useful like more ammo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JennerH View Post
    Why take 2 First aid pouches? You can fit a pain-stop and a first aid injector in your helmet so you have double the injectors and have an open pocket for something useful like more ammo
    Eh? I thought you could only fit in one injector at a time in the helm. Hm TIL.

In any event M41A with either Rail Flash, Miniscope, or RDS and an A-Grip is my go to choice these days. Ask for webbing and pack all that sweet sweet AP you can get.
    Ocassionaly (or if i'm Sniper Spec), the Shotgun with a mag harness + A-grip/w Buckshot still works pretty nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grentex View Post
    Eh? I thought you could only fit in one injector at a time in the helm. Hm TIL.

In any event M41A with either Rail Flash, Miniscope, or RDS and an A-Grip is my go to choice these days. Ask for webbing and pack all that sweet sweet AP you can get.
    Ocassionaly (or if i'm Sniper Spec), the Shotgun with a mag harness + A-grip/w Buckshot still works pretty nicely.
    I know it used to be only one injector but apparently now it's two, so that's pretty sweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JennerH View Post
    I got my little PFC RP items to carry too; ballistic goggles in my helmet for aesthetics, zippo lighter in helmet, and pack of cigs in armor. Pouches keep all my stuff in line and I very rarely get so ammo hungry that I gott'a rely on my spare mag in my armor slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocoa View Post
    I got my little PFC RP items to carry too; ballistic goggles in my helmet for aesthetics, zippo lighter in helmet, and pack of cigs in armor. Pouches keep all my stuff in line and I very rarely get so ammo hungry that I gott'a rely on my spare mag in my armor slot.
    Ah, I see. I usually carry at least two weapons so I need more space to carry enough of both ammo types. Plus having a magazine pouch will let me have a faster reload since I dont have to reach into my armor or my webbing to load my pulse rifle