2 3.70%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of another server

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chances of another server

So this goes to the age old debate, why doesnt CM have an RP focused server.

well sorta except im thinking more along the lines of just making everything OP as seen in canon aliens shit.
    Main reason for this personally is because CMs combat feels floaty and theres no real punch.

Tbh ive no clue how to write a serious uhh idea so this is the best i can do im sorta hoping you guys can make out what my point is.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd donate just to get a lowpop only server because the lag is frustrating

also cap the tank at like 250 because fuck you.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High RP pure HvH with sometimes zombies and benos once a month. My dream.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe people could actually stop doing LRP stuff and we go back to being a Medium RP server again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What big chief said.
    We have drifted so far into the realm of TDM LRP that its starting to hurt my soul. We do not need a new server, but more RP oriented game play.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. YES.
    What Cabal says is cool. What could be even cooler would be a colony gamemode where an outbreak would be simulated every round.

It would both allow for xeno players to have fun, and for HRP to take place.

Even if no one would be doing LRP antics, the simple fact that CM is, practically, a TDM server allows for very little RP to take place. The RP roles we have right now are quite in a sorry state; Synthetics have to focus on their tasks and some Synth players don't have time to implement complicated and interesting quirks, Corporate Liaisons depend on a handful of cooperative marines and CIC members to implement their RP scenarios, Captains don't have time for RP scenarios either due to them having to lead the operation, or aid the Executives with tactical hints (assuming the XO is competent), and squad RP is practically non-existant outside Bravo, and even if it exists it is MRP at it's best. It's quite a bummer, since there are many possible RP scenarios to implement on a USCM vessel.

In my opinion we should be able to vote for an extended gamemode, which would simply be a RP round, simulating a shore leave. Marines could engage in RP with colonists, whose numbers could be increased and colonists would be chosen from both xeno and survivor rolls, creating fun scenarios.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Or maybe people could actually stop doing LRP stuff and we go back to being a Medium RP server again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    What big chief said.
    We have drifted so far into the realm of TDM LRP that its starting to hurt my soul. We do not need a new server, but more RP oriented game play.
    You can't just change the feel of an already established server. The lack of staff enforcement, the lack of reason to roleplay, and the gameplay forcing your hand towards less RP, means that TDM is here to stay.

A server with the intent focus on RP, and what have you - with dedicated mods focused on handling it, would work better than trying to lazily "crackdown" on LRP -- something that soldier knows is absolutely not happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RP is worst than it was before lol. Like 7-10 months ago shit that would get you bwoinked such as running around as TC naked in just shorts and doing LRP shit people would usually get banned or warned. The enforcement of RP standards are lazy and all, or some of the mods and staff team do is bitch and complain about it instead of just enforcing it. The gameplay leans to the combat side yeah it does but it wasn't nearly as bad as now to where there is just no RP in general and just shitposting cause admins or mods don't wanna do anything but cry on discord and on the forums instead of actually doing their job.Back then people interacted with eachother sure it wasn't that much but it was at a reasonable level than now.
    Last edited by Audi_Gzz; 09-13-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    There are, I think, several reasons for the LRP state now.

One is that I distinctly recall MP's many moons ago, punishing LRP stuff such as sleeves not down, leaving the briefing early, etc, and that has all stopped.

Solution? Why not introduce a staff tier for MP's. Want to join the staff as an MP? Then that is your actual staff role. Why? Because people need to learn from the very start of a round on the Almayer that this is MRP. So MP's challenging people, addressing behaviours, arresting, etc. The pop is high enough to lose a dozen or so LRP TDM'ers.

The other one is that movement through the Nexus etc is all too fast. Far, far too fast. Squads should be taking it steady through Nexus and other indoor areas, instead they're charging through.

I am pretty certain there used to be lots of locked doors to main passageways that Engineers needed to breach or hotwire.

We need more locked doors in the main areas. This means from planetside arrival, the squads have to go slow and cover their Engineers as they open doors, crack walls, whatever needs to be done. The Colonists have gone full lockdown on the place. This steadies the pace and gives people who want to MRP a chance to look around, interact, etc.

It also gives Engineers a better purpose than just FOBbits.

I still think one effective way of introducing some MRP again is to limit the initial launch to one squad. With an unknown situation on the surface, why is Command sending the entire detachment down there? One squad goes, start to investigate, they need to move slower because it's not a rush of 60 marines. Shit goes wrong, they report back, urgent orders are held, another squad or two dropped down, etc.

Steady, consistent progression rather than what I see now which is squads sprinting straight to objectives or hostile hotspots to get some contacts on.

There are lots of ways to artificially slow the game down and give more time to RP'ing that won't affect the overall experience.

Some of them are worth trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi so uhh yea, the reason I never said much about having CM be more RP focused was basically due to the TDM amd nature of gameplay where RP isnt really needed or encouraged.

Also a dedicated low pop server or well pop split server would be a good idea as 60-90 players a server would be an ideal number.