• Some other crap

2 3.70%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of another server

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove personal statistics if you are reluctant to remove statistics as a whole. But if you ask me, I'd say remove statistics as whole. Statistics will make CM feel like some competitive game as though we needed more of that.

Rounds end too quickly these days that you don't really have time to do any real RP. I can remember waiting an hour and a half in FOB talking to fellow marines like "Dude, wonder how's the front? It's dark" or have time to take coffee in CIC. You can't even, as CIC role, get marines to stall the game too cause xenos sometimes like to push out trying to get an advantage in the game and getting slaughtered or actually win. You can't blame xenos for that cause they start outnumbered 3 or 4 to one.

Another thing is probably the game does go stale cause as you play more normal rounds you get bored cause it's the same thing over and over. That's where we get ebents. And I seriously think people should stop complaining about ebents whether they are good or bad. It's a nice quirk to change the flow of the game. The point of ebent is to make rounds interesting from normal flows. Just adapt. Even if it is unfair to one side. I remember running straight at 4 ravengers and 1 abom in Big Red and was in for a surprise as a marine. Was a good joke, and it's a 2D spess man gaaame. You won't get to Global Elite by soloing the hive. You get no cash winning. So why get salty about a bad surprise event where suddenly xenos get insane stuff. Don't you people have fun? It's called an ebent for a reason.

There are a few gameplay issues that makes RP difficult. Take shipside roles for instance, Req, CIC and Medbay are the busiest dept in the game. The only goons that can RP around and do stuffs are Engineering, CL and Research Depts. You literally have no time to RP in medbay since you have to mass produce chems/meds for medics and have to be in surgery for all sorts of agony that keeps on coming. And they do keep on coming. You sometimes can get 8 critically wounded on board and you have only 6 slots to fix them, including Autodoc. By the time you are done, depending on the PO, you get the next wave in. Don't forget you have medevac guys as well.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    If you want higher RP you need to enforce RP rules, look at any other server with RP to see. TBH if you want people talking fastest way to do that is have voice chat, shit you can look at say squad were it is pure TDM but people will act like well if they were being shot and all. The main gimmick is voice chat allows people to voice there emotions which is very very powerful
    You have to take into consideration for the people who don't have mic and also the bandwidth needed to stream them voices.
    Last edited by Casada_Radio; 09-14-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think events should be minor changes to the round not drastic ones that ruin peoples round.

For example maybe give tge CL a team and secret objectives.

Vics pred event with the primordial hive is a good idea of what i have in mind. It didnt effect the round and was fun for everyone taking part

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Or maybe people could actually stop doing LRP stuff and we go back to being a Medium RP server again.
    This.

And there is No reason we can't have the old 70 percent alien win rate back and have marines earn victories again.

Having a hard earned victory gives you a rush of energy and triumph, as you've probably all felt before. Easy wins are boring for everyone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    This.

And there is No reason we can't have the old 70 percent alien win rate back and have marines earn victories again.

Having a hard earned victory gives you a rush of energy and triumph, as you've probably all felt before. Easy wins are boring for everyone.
    *cue CABAL's Entrance Theme*

I honestly miss facing terrifyingly strong xenos. Brings the thrills and horrors.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This.

... Time to erase the beno factor from this winrate equation... Termination protocols initiated... Your opinion has been marked for termination...

NO

That's it. No point in explaining obvious things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want people to be less LRP dont make CM too much of a fucking TDM, do you see people RPing in COD? no of course not because that would be retarded.

Devs keep making TDM updates that ironically make CM less enjoyable yet no one seems to adress this is the reason why its became a shittlery tryhard cesspit.

Anyway this threads about creating another server not fixing CMs current state.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post

... Time to erase the beno factor from this winrate equation... Termination protocols initiated... Your opinion has been marked for termination...

NO

That's it. No point in explaining obvious things.
    Failing to address a point because "its obvious" doesn't really count as an argument.

This scenario existed for the majority of CMs uptime and it was probably the golden years.

There are many false comments you have in previous comments saying we had "cloning" (which was never manned, which required synth meat and nearly always backed up by hundreds of KIA marines.

The claims that "nobody will play marine" is baseless, Marine populations have never dropped whilst xenos be ame super populated beyond major overhauls for xeno and that was a brief thing.

Marine is easy mode now. You have minimedics, double medic cap, most ODs no longer fatal, M56Ds, mortars, fucking tanks and CAS. Hell, ravs can't even instant kill you now.

The game mode has gotten easier, and with it the challenge has all but dried up. Hell, I killed 6 xenos aloneat cargo the other day and it was boring. I was only stopped when the Queen spam healed a warrior I was beating and he got a lucky grab.

I can say having multiple servers will likely just kill off one of the other servers, plus we'd have to split development.

Overall, I want high risk high reward gameplay, rather than both sides being low risk low reward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Failing to address a point because "its obvious" doesn't really count as an argument.

This scenario existed for the majority of CMs uptime and it was probably the golden years.

There are many false comments you have in previous comments saying we had "cloning" (which was never manned, which required synth meat and nearly always backed up by hundreds of KIA marines.

The claims that "nobody will play marine" is baseless, Marine populations have never dropped whilst xenos be ame super populated beyond major overhauls for xeno and that was a brief thing.

Marine is easy mode now. You have minimedics, double medic cap, most ODs no longer fatal, M56Ds, mortars, fucking tanks and CAS. Hell, ravs can't even instant kill you now.

The game mode has gotten easier, and with it the challenge has all but dried up. Hell, I killed 6 xenos aloneat cargo the other day and it was boring. I was only stopped when the Queen spam healed a warrior I was beating and he got a lucky grab.

I can say having multiple servers will likely just kill off one of the other servers, plus we'd have to split development.

Overall, I want high risk high reward gameplay, rather than both sides being low risk low reward.
    hi again... the fuck has this got to do with abother server??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thread subverted in the war for CM�s soul.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Snip -
    I made so many posts and shouts about why beno winrate bias is bad, that I thought that basically anyone who uses the forum for more than two months will know them. Well, I had to be wrong apparently.

Winrate bias is unfair. Can we even argue with this fact?

Faster, Tankier and Deadlier benos discourage RP, not incourage it. You basically want to eat the cake and have the cake at the same time. Those are no longer Faweh and Apop days. Things can't be fresh for a long time, CM is no exeption. Things have to change a bit to spice things up. You know what is better than Rules enforcing RP? Gameplay heavly incouraging and rewording RP. Instead of "DON'T DO THAT YOU MORON! ROUNDSTART SHENANIGANS BAN BAN BAN!!!!!oneoneone1111!!! Benos power and metagaming? Nothing wrong in that " we could try "Talking and doing cool stuff pays off, really, try it mate, trust me".

So this comments are false, or not? CM had cloning, or not? Just because it was unmanned, or required synth meat, or anything, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Or maybe it means it? CONFUSION!

When I say people will stop to play marines when they will stop to give any reward (be it by gameplay of killing benos, or RP that isn't forced down the throat like a captured marine during beno vore) it's just baseless claim, but when some benomains states that small nerf to benos will DROP THE BENO PLAYERBASE, then everything is fine and we should agree, despite server never having problem with free beno slots and a lot of marines. Even just after heavy beno nerfs, like when tank rolled up the first time (straight month of LTB), or after stat nerfs and mutators removal.
    70% winrate just means that most of the marines will have a bad round, only those lucky, or robust will get that promised reward of "high risk, high reward". I just love when benomains say "I like my wins hard earned", while maining fricking side that has winrate bias. Untill HvH, Zombies and such rounds won't be added to normal rotation as rounds that can run themselfs, benos should stay at 50 - 50. When they roll in, you can even give benos 99.9999% winrate, then I won't care. Nobody would care, as people would "vote" by gameplay. Beno rounds with winrate bias would be casually avoided by anyone who isn't hard on benomains, or who just likes playing marines. I can predict it. Add those rounds and you will see about 175 (not counting observers) players on fun rounds and 75 at beno rounds. I bet you would have then famous meme "Pikachu" face of suprise. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN! NO MARINES TO SLAUGHTER? I LIKE MY VICTORIES HARD EARNED! REEEE!

Hehe, "Marine is easy mode now". Marines is fair mode now I would argue. How could benomains call 50 - 50? Easy mode.

Ok mister robust, not everyone can kill 6 benos. Not everyone can kill even 1 beno. However every boot PFC can kill one, or more marines. Very easy game mode indeed. If it's so easy, why you won't spice up your gameplay? Instead of far cry for (for example) pulse rifle damage nerf, just add extended barrel, or something like that. If it's boring for you, then you have to change, I bet it's not boring for new players who have the chance to contribute something to the round and that they don't die to a single pounce. It's not all about benos, you know?

If two servers will result in one killing other, I would want beno-focused to die and be husked so hard, that nobody will be able to revive it. To die in a pathetic way, like the last round of such server, only one beno at roundstart, screeching at the only one roundstart PO and then sending announcement: "I LIKE MY VICTORIES HARD EARNED! *roar"

Overall, if You want high risk high reword gameplay, then try "Light armor - Double Shotgun - PB - Buckshot" loadout. Do 10 such rounds and then tell how many benos you have killed, how many times you died from blood and how many times marines killed you.
    Last edited by CABAL; 09-14-2019 at 12:27 PM.