Swagile
    Your Character Name?
    Amira Young
    Their BYOND Key
    NethIafins
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10:30 AM to 11:15 AM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    I dunno, event protocol? But apparently abuse is okay in events so idfk.
    Description of the incident
    So... to start off, nothing is probably going to happen cause it was an event, and abuse in events seems to be the theme, so this is just for record keeping purposes I guess.

Neth ran an event and made it extended. He told us it was "gunna be memey". I thought that entailed CLF + UPP or something like that; I was wrong.

I was SADAR spec this round and drop with Bravo at LZ-1, and we do a little scouting. Nothing seems to be wrong till I hear a call out for "CONTACTS AT LZ" by Darius. I go over there with my gun out and we face off against one CLF; standard event at this point. Then suddenly a random death squad with a battle rifle that mass fires huggers spammed it at our entire squad, got us all hugged, then killed by the CLF. I was personally decapitated.

I observer around and see that Neth's idea of a "event" is to spam death squad with these same weapons for every DS, as every marine squad gets wiped en mass. Only a few survive and the round is then essentially over.

This is not remotely fun at all. Maybe for the DS who got to "dab on them marines" but this was essentially admin abuse disguised as an event.
    Evidence
    Round logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    I dunno.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello.

Oh boy, first report on me on this server.

So, many things went bad this round. I spawned Deathsquad as a part of infector program and armed them with new ammunition - hugger ammo. Idea was to spawn civilians (which were bugged so I had to call CLF) that were target for Deathsquad to capture and infect. However, few Deathsquad members went awry and started killing people they captured. Attacking marines went badly because I underestimated how fast Hugger Ammo can be fired so what DS did is just clean the room with 2 bursts. I ran some damage control and disabled larva bursting basically running event to a complete halt.

The ammo I made was wrong, the weapons I gave them were wrong (better give them low firerate sniper rifles?), the map was kinda wrong.

I wanted all this to be a surprise to marines event. Something they never encountered. However DS was too strong of an opposition.

Why I did it this way?
    DS are perfect for Infector Program. They are nameless, closest to WY. They "never existed" (even tho marines instantly screamed "FUCKING DEATHSQUAD")

Why it failed?
    Dchat and Mchat and AChat were ecstatic about this idea. And generally whoever played survivors or DS were feeling good about this. However interaction with marines should've been thought more.

Let me be clear Swagile, I did NOT felt like it was a power trip. I felt like fucking everything is failing and falling down on me up to the point, that instead of salvaging anything from the round, I just called it quits. If anything, everyone was picked by random distress signal (except for the DS leader, that was one of CO Councilors that I hoped would help DS be more controlled) and second team I sent was there because 60% of first team just died to CLF and marines there were not supposed to be engaged with.

In short - I will try better next time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Hello.

Oh boy, first report on me on this server.

So, many things went bad this round. I spawned Deathsquad as a part of infector program and armed them with new ammunition - hugger ammo. Idea was to spawn civilians (which were bugged so I had to call CLF) that were target for Deathsquad to capture and infect. However, few Deathsquad members went awry and started killing people they captured. Attacking marines went badly because I underestimated how fast Hugger Ammo can be fired so what DS did is just clean the room with 2 bursts. I ran some damage control and disabled larva bursting basically running event to a complete halt.

The ammo I made was wrong, the weapons I gave them were wrong (better give them low firerate sniper rifles?), the map was kinda wrong.

I wanted all this to be a surprise to marines event. Something they never encountered. However DS was too strong of an opposition.

Why I did it this way?
    DS are perfect for Infector Program. They are nameless, closest to WY. They "never existed" (even tho marines instantly screamed "FUCKING DEATHSQUAD")

Why it failed?
    Dchat and Mchat and AChat were ecstatic about this idea. And generally whoever played survivors or DS were feeling good about this. However interaction with marines should've been thought more.

Let me be clear Swagile, I did NOT felt like it was a power trip. I felt like fucking everything is failing and falling down on me up to the point, that instead of salvaging anything from the round, I just called it quits. If anything, everyone was picked by random distress signal (except for the DS leader, that was one of CO Councilors that I hoped would help DS be more controlled) and second team I sent was there because 60% of first team just died to CLF and marines there were not supposed to be engaged with.

In short - I will try better next time.
    Thanks for the response; this sheds some light onto what happened.

I don't have much to say, im mostly salty that we essentially round start dropped against DS troops with rapid fire hugger shots, with CLF shooting anyone that got hugged.

Need someone to post logs, then head staff to look over it and thats about it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post

Need someone to post logs, then head staff to look over it and thats about it.
    I'm not sure what logs or evidence you require, the only thing I guess I can provide is what neth announces as the event, and any discussions he said about what he was planning to do.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you lost some SMs from me to the Vitol about controlling their squad

Also this moment: "[09:59:16]ADMIN: MOD: NethIafins/(Weyland) : hey grim, I'm doing memes"
    the marines are not yet planetside, so for some fucking reason I'm still cheery and unknowing

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    I think you lost some SMs from me to the Vitol about controlling their squad

Also this moment: "[09:59:16]ADMIN: MOD: NethIafins/(Weyland) : hey grim, I'm doing memes"
    the marines are not yet planetside, so for some fucking reason I'm still cheery and unknowing
    [09:55:16]ADMIN: SubtlePM: NethIafins/(Weyland) -> XXXXX/(Doctor Vitol) : Your people are killing the infected. Infect them and leave them... DON'T KILL THEM```

[09:58:50]ADMIN: SubtlePM: NethIafins/(Weyland) -> XXXXX/(Doctor Vitol) : they are all infected. LEAVE THEM```

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was Captain Doctor Vitol. Just so we are clear, our orders were directly to infect, not kill. If the Deathsquad was killing people, they were going against Neth's rules.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was mostly a cluster fuck of DS infecting people then CLF shooting downed and infected marines.

Not sure if DS shot anyone, I didn't pay that much attention when I was in observer; I just saw entire squads get wiped / mass hugged, and a few marines get killed, alongside myself being decapped by CLF.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was one of the CLF that was spawned in at round start. We were spawned in with nothing but the clothes on our back and then given a ladder to go down to the north end of the cave system. There was no direction given to us that I can remember, so when we ran into the DS we didn't know what to do,however that didn't matter much as almost all of us were insta hugged. I was placed into perma crit from the hugger, not sure why this happened, but it did. Anyways I was left to being able to do nothing until someone through a molotov on me and I was finally put out of my misery.

IMO it was a poorly planned event that didn't give produce very much fun. The 12 or so CLF players at round start could have been given some direction, or they could have been replaced by simple mobs if all they were there for was to be incubators.

Neth shouldn't be blamed, but events like these should be planned out better in the future.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    I was one of the CLF that was spawned in at round start. We were spawned in with nothing but the clothes on our back and then given a ladder to go down to the north end of the cave system. There was no direction given to us that I can remember, so when we ran into the DS we didn't know what to do,however that didn't matter much as almost all of us were insta hugged. I was placed into perma crit from the hugger, not sure why this happened, but it did. Anyways I was left to being able to do nothing until someone through a molotov on me and I was finally put out of my misery.

IMO it was a poorly planned event that didn't give produce very much fun. The 12 or so CLF players at round start could have been given some direction, or they could have been replaced by simple mobs if all they were there for was to be incubators.

Neth shouldn't be blamed, but events like these should be planned out better in the future.
    Unfortunately, Civilian ERT got bugged and you spawned without clothes. So I had to equip you as CLF in haste.

Also I made a small brief in dchat but unfortunately because I did it, I forgot to do it ingame too.

We usually do not cancel ERT because it got bugged... so... option like "just spawn simple mobs" was unfortunately not in my plans

I remember telling everyone in LOOC that you are nameless and worthless (because I had no time to give every single one of you a name via VV) and basically fodder for Death Squid