User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honorable Mentions: Who Do You Think Deserves a Medal?

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honorable Mentions: Who Do You Think Deserves a Medal?

Everyone who was on the old forums knows I started a similar thread in the last month or so of it being up. The idea for this thread is simple: to talk about people who you think should have been given a medal but didn't receive one either because there was no CO, the CO didn't want to give out medals/didn't feel the person should have one, or nobody in CIC took notice of this person or what they did.

Why have this thread? If you ever stop to notice, most medals are given out for kills or honestly reckless charges. There's plenty of roles that work in the background that keep the round going for the Marines and impressive noncombat actions that people do but don't get recognition for. The SL that died leading the charge against the Queen will get a medal, but the Medic that revived half a squad while under fire most likely won't. Little things like that. This thread is meant for people to commend the people that put in effort (and potentially take on more work for themselves than they'd need to) to keep the Marines going through the round or make sure the Marines can even fight.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every medic that doesn't OD their patients is a hero. God bless you frantic medics.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the scientist that trapped a queen on an escape pod?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    What about the scientist that trapped a queen on an escape pod?
    What today? That queen was straight up trolling if anything. Awful orders, yelling at benos. Seemed unrobust in combat too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cappys gotta start giveing more medals for support roles. I like to suggest good medics/engis if ever anyone asks for suggestions but it usually ends up going to some delta who got decapped after killing a queen or two.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always ask for medal suggestions when there is only 5-6 xenos left so that there is time before round end to commend people.

I usually get combat roles as commendations only; ive only gotten 2-3 times when a SO suggested a Combat Engineer or Medic that saved the round with good FOB placement / good heals and defibs.

A shame since a good combat engi building forward cades, blocking off flanks, mining escape routes is invaluable.

Same as a combat medic constantly keeping marines on their feet until they have 6 broken bones, broken lung, and IB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though the issue with those roles receiving medals is they're too busy supporting people and working hard to talk with anyone or be noticed, rip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, as many of Charlie squad said that round, was robbed of a medal. For some reason successfully defibbing 27 marines, 6 of them at the same time [that was a heart attack panic scenario] wasn't good enough for a medal... AHHHH

I burned through so many defib kits the RO personally made a crate filled with charged defibs to shoot down to me in hydro so I could keep saving marines.
    Last edited by Dreskar; 01-09-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I landed a direct hit on the Queen with a Fatty yesterday, was told I was gonna get a medal. At round end, no medal

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ellie Weaver should get a medal for being a great medic, every time I see her as medic I know I will get healed up super fast.