Thread: Weed node changes

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weed node changes

Weeds will now die when there is no node nearby that can sustain the weeds

Ok so thats the official changelog entry.

I feel like no one thought this change through and how it affects the game beyond "its too annoying to click each tile to clear weed".

• makes it where xenos have no healing especially lurkers and runners who dont fight with the rest of the hive
    • makes it where you can see in the dark because light colored tiles (like cave tiles) dont make it as dark as black tiles like weed
    • Makes it where marines dont run slower, weeds slow down marines run speed
    • Makes it where xenos dont run faster, weeds speed up xenos (this one is massive for slow tier 3s)
    • makes it not slow down marines to have to break weed before advancing. Marines would take time to clear sticky and weeds now they dont
    • Lurkers have no where to stealth except stuff like grass. So once marines in caves lurkers stealth is useless

Who knows if im forgetting anything else. As you can see this is a MASSIVE change. not a simple "Im tired of clicking tiles to clear weed" that it was treated as.

PS I also hate the building changes but thats a different thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it is very annoying having to clear each tile of weed individually.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Well, it is very annoying having to clear each tile of weed individually.
    well if thats the only thing that matters then i got an easy fix for everyone. Make weeds easy to clear like they are now. Slow marines movement speed, buff all xenos movement speed, give all xenos offweed healing, and make dark actually dark. Then everyone iwll be happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the idea that weeds should not be literally covering every area of the maps the Marines don't have on constant lockdown might be a good idea.

Issue with old weeds is that it was simply way too tedious to clear the weeds all the time, eventually Marines would just forget clearing weeds.

If the Drones are not weeding off the off-side areas where a Marine is unlikely to run off to, then the fault is on the Drones not the change.
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Perhaps the idea that weeds should not be literally covering every area of the maps the Marines don't have on constant lockdown might be a good idea.

Issue with old weeds is that it was simply way too tedious to clear the weeds all the time, eventually Marines would just forget clearing weeds.

If the Drones are not weeding off the off-side areas where a Marine is unlikely to run off to, then the fault is on the Drones not the change.
    Or perhaps the weed changes suck ass? Nah that couldnt be it.

I already demonstrated how weeds are tied into their entire balance of the game. Your arguement is you are lazy and its annoying. Seriously.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weed change simply makes it easier to clear weeds. Every other issue you highlight, for the most part, was already inherent with weeds to begin with.

The reason I like this change (aside the fact I suggested it) is that it gives far more cleared distinction between Xeno territory and Marine territory.

With how quickly weeds could be made, it was common for Drones and akin to speed through and toss up a lot of weeds everywhere, even during combat. At least with this change, Marines can better keep their own rear guard clear of weeds.

If every single space of the map/colony is clear of weeds, then I'd press that more to the diligence of the Marines sweeping the map/their rearguard with it now being viable to clear the rear of weed. Worst case, the Runner has to run further to find a weed patch.
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you even played the game since this change cause it sounds like you havent? You literally hit a node 1 time and it kills 25 tiles of weed. There is no diligence. Its literally brain dead easy. The entire map is weed free after 5 minutes. It takes no effort what so ever and even if drones try to reweed the marines just clear it instantly again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reiterate, I think the concept is fine. Sure, it can do with tweaks but on the whole I still think this system is better, again, due to the ease in clearing weeds that otherwise are just ignored due to the large time investment required to clear them, when a Drone then could easily reweed the area quickly with minimal risk.
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice that after the node is destroyed, the nearby weeds are entirely gone within ~20 seconds

it's entirely possible for 1 marine to do something like clear a large majority of the caves in only a few minutes, one boi

I was actually kinda thankful for the premade doors that exist on maps now, because they at least retained the weeds underneath lol, those weeds would be the only ones left after marines went through

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was honestly a huge and short sighted change by the devs, which really fucked over the concept of weeds representing xeno territory. Now, weeds are just a slight annoyance you can evaporate with a *click*, not to mention the "compensation" might as well as been fuck all, increasing on weed regen by 0.002% isn't going to make this issue any less apparent.