User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weed node changes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hivelords/drones can circumvent the casual marine running through and popping all the nodes by placing walls ontop of the sac. It maintains the node and makes it a little more difficult to easily clear. It's not the system's fault, it's the xeno's fault for not being able to adapt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    We are currently looking into increasing movespeed difference between marine and Xeno on weeds as well as increasing node health.

Thanks for your input, hope this makes you feel better.
    This makes the most sense. I like the idea of the weeds autoclearing when the nearby nodes are gone, but they definitely need more health to compensate. Even just giving them as much health as sticky resin seems reasonable. (If I recall correctly, that's eleven rifle smacks or two machete whacks. That's plenty. Honestly, even half of that health might be enough. If a marine lugs a machete down planetside he deserves to be able to clear weeds.)

Quote Originally Posted by conthegodoffire
    Maybe make the weeds grow super fast to counter how fast they can burn off? I am not really sure how to fix it, but something needs to be done.
    This too. I honestly haven't played with the new weeds yet, but if they burn off in twenty seconds when a node is killed it only seems fair if they grow in the same amount of time.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they dont burn off in 20 seconds they burn off in 3 seconds

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    Hivelords/drones can circumvent the casual marine running through and popping all the nodes by placing walls ontop of the sac. It maintains the node and makes it a little more difficult to easily clear. It's not the system's fault, it's the xeno's fault for not being able to adapt.
    works with the initial weeding but its easy to clear one wall here and there. Doesnt work at all once hte fighting starts. Walls take 200 plasma which is a giant chunk of your energy and take forever to put down.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make it so that nodes can't be poped when beno is running (like one tick standing).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought that clearing out weeds was fun from an RP standpoint, especially with flame throwers. I mean, from a gameplay standpoint, they are annoying, but yeah, they are supposed to be. I mean, it's supposed to take marines out of their comfort zone.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are some changes coming to this, but general idea is kinda good.
    We want home advantage for xenos

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    There are some changes coming to this, but general idea is kinda good.
    We want home advantage for xenos
    Ok ill be patient and trust yall. Just a lot of big changes going on at once and its discombobulating me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a weed node needs several minutes to reinforce.

If a weed node is killed shortly after its planted it'll just kill off all surrounding weeds.

If a node is given time to reinforce, then killing it could either make the surrounding weeds disappear but very slowly, or not at all.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it seems like the change was a shitty versison of TGMC weed nodes...Like their weeds die if the node is removed but the nodes take about 5 to kill and spread fast. Why not do like theirs all the way?