User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easy Peasy Medic Squeezy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine not reading the part where the guide assumes no custom meds

Two is kind of the sweet spot for dex+ injectors anyway -- I usually run into at least one guy every round who's at <150 'permanent' damage but about to suffocate from oxy buildup, and it saves a good fifteen or twenty seconds worth of defibbing. If syringe cases would still fit in the orange bag I'd say bring at least one case of 3 injectors, but as it stands they're just about useful enough to bring but still end up being the first things cut in the case of medbay offering anything better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well your loadout doesnt make use of much space as possible. Figured i give mine.

Armor:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-34-13.jpg

Webbing:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-34-49.jpg

Satchel:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-32-21.jpg

Lifesaver Belt:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-33-33.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Well your loadout doesnt make use of much space as possible. Figured i give mine.

Armor:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-34-13.jpg

Webbing:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-34-49.jpg

Satchel:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-32-21.jpg

Lifesaver Belt:
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-33-33.jpg
    Cont.

Advanced First Aid Kit (2x) in Medkit Pouches. 1 In satchel
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-33-15.jpg

First Aid Kit (For Misc Stuff):
    dreamseeker_2019-01-06_20-32-51.jpg

TL;DR
    Satchel:

2 Defibs

1 Fire Extinguisher

1 First Aid Kit for 2 roller beds, 2 stasis, medevac stretcher, 2 splints

1 Advanced First Aid (replace trico with splints)

Medkit Pouches : 2 Advanced First aid (replace trico with splints)

3 Buckshot shells in webbing.

Gas Mask and HF Analyzer in Armor.

Pumpie with EB, Harness, AG

Lifesaver belt (too long look at image)

Why:
    Gas mask? : Saving baldies in boiler smoke. Orange one. If you're a fucking hero eat some kelo and tram and save people from green smoke. It helps.

Pump Shotgun? : Your role is to be a fucking medic not a warrior medic. Always backline. If a fucking runner or a lurker is fucking with your job you gotta give the fucking lead to them. Dont use rifles. Good lurkers and runners will always meta target you on the backline.

Oxycodone? : Only use the oxy to yourself. In case a lurker successfully fucks you up and you manage to get up. Inject that baby to yourself and eat some tram ASAP. Always bring OXY. If you are downed then no one can help you if you're alone medding a whole squad.

3 (Advanced Kits?) Other advanced kits are to be given to medics that dont follow my loadout or when they dont have supplies in case of siege that you cant go back to the FOB.

2 Defibs? : In case the pyro spec is a baldie and someone burned from blue flames you're gonna need lots. Or if someone you really love has high brute damage.

Extinguisher : as said on top. You may never know when a baldie gets a hand on a flamethrower or if a baldie walks on one. You're gonna need this.

Due to the new updates you can get pills from the belt directly now which is faster than syringe as OP does.
    Bottles are a meme, you just use bottles when run out of medicine and theres a weyland near you and you cant get resupply.
    Pill Bottles > Syringe Always.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 01-06-2019 at 01:29 PM.

TerraGov Marines Headstaff LaKiller8's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxy is worth the opportunity cost if you know when to use it and do it early enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new QoL update makes Medics *STRONK*.

Tried it out and DAMN, if you organize your belt right, it takes longer for you to scan a marine and see what actually ails them then it is to give them pills now. You can easily solo medic if you know the main damage people are getting when coming to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dex+ autoinjectors are legit though. If you had a defib where you had no time for inaprov first(rare), hold the dex+ injector in offhand. As soon as their healthbar goes black, quickly switch hands and inject, it kicks in before death does.

Oxy autoinjector is for self use only, in situations where 'oh god oh fuck a rav slashes me three times and a prae spat on me, if I fall down I'm dead.' Quickly follow up by swallowing trama, inaprov(mild painkiller) and then regular meds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extinguisher is a flex pick but honestly you don't need it. Pyro spec usually brings his own for blue fire, and regular fire can easily be help intented out before anyone husks. Bringing a roller bed is usually more useful, but I know people who prefer the extinguisher.

Anything more than two AFKs is too many. Two is already more than enough.

Health scanner in armour is not viable since you will lose your armour sometimes. If it's not going in a pouch, it has to go in the webbing. Might also fit inside the lifesaver belt now after a recent update.

Oxy injectors blow ass because of pain 'elasticity' being a thing. You can be well over the paincrit threshold for a good minute or two before you actually fall on your arse, which is more than enough time to take a tramadol, or even a tram + inaprov if you really need the extra kick. I guess it's a subjective thing, but I've never had a situation where I've looked back on a round and thought that an oxy injector would have helped me.

After dicking around with the pump shotgun some more it's not as bad as I thought but it's still far worse than it used to be, especially for a medic's purposes. Lurkers slash harder than ever before in any case, so you're still better off swallowing your pride and going everywhere with at least one buddy no matter what weapon you have, because the days of getting 2-3 tries to escape a pounce and snap buckshot a lurker that jumps you seem to be gone. He'll pounce you once and then delete you.

Gas mask is not something I use because it's too niche and because it'd ruin my goggles over medhud fashion.

Like Sleepy so diplomatically said, loadouts are subjective anyway, but in my experience you're going to get a lot more mileage out of some things than you are of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pain 'elasticity' is supposed to be simulating adrenaline, and it generally does not last two minutes, rather twenty seconds. If you fall down you'll be at the mercy of other medics and marines, which is a situation you absolutely never want to find yourself in. Hitting yourself with oxy, then quickly following up with more painkillers, meds and bandaging your wounds will make sure that you won't be stuck on the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want a surgery guide because I can never remember how to do them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim_inc View Post
    I just want a surgery guide because I can never remember how to do them.
    There is a surgery guide on the old forums iirc
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine