User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Easy Peasy Medic Squeezy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I encourage medic players to experiment with their own personal loadout, at the end of it all you need to be comfortable with what you bring to the field. At minimum, I'd recommend you at least ensure you bring 2 Bicard, 2 Tramadol and 1 Kelotane pill bottles with you, anything else aside you'll make good use of these in standard treatment. You may want to consider an extra Kelo bottle due to recent xeno burn changes but I still tend to get away with only 1.

---

When it comes to firearms, I see three styles of Medic play. The Shotgunner, the Runner or the Rifleman.

The Shotgunner involves a high risk set up of a one handed shotgun, intended for personal defence more than anything, its massive strength is you can easily put down a flanking xeno or rush to assist other Marines, the disadvantage is its very risky and a bad play can see you getting killed or badly wounded. The Runner revolves around a SMG with, at minimum, a SMG Arm Brace, this loadout gives you decent self defence capabilities (with AP ammo), you can easily rush in to drag out wounded marines or chase off enemy contacts, but you'll lack strong staying power against higher level xenos, which you should avoid. The Rifleman just revolves around treating your gun as you are a PFC, but you fire less often, remain in the middle and take pot shots when the oppertunity presents, its the less unique but most consistent and safest option.

---

When you revive someone. Please, for the love of god, give the corpse a pill of Inaprovaline and a pill of Dexalin BEFORE you defib them. You'll save yourself a extra charge when you do revive them and then they die of oxyloss before you can admin the before mentioned pills.

---

Keep a oxycodone autoinjector on hand (try your helmet storage) for self use. You never know when you'll need a emergency boost in a bad situation. Pray to god that a fantastic MD offers to make you a pill bottle of Oxycodone pills. Yum.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A major new wrinkle is that medic vendor attachments now use your precious points, meaning no more free attachey.

Whether that's gonna mean going to the req queue or spending points on attacheys and begging medbay to vend some bic+kelo+tram pill bottles for you, that's gonna depend on personal style.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the love of fucking God, just listen to your patient.

I've had a medic that just stared at me and said "But you're fine!" even though I had the o2 icon flashing on the right side of the screen and I literally screamed at him to give me peri.

The health analyzer is not the end all solution to being a medic.

The attachments from the point vendor are pretty meh anyway and most of the times medics will have spare points since what are you really spending them on?
    You can get away with just buying extra bic,kelo,trama pill bottles and maybe a couple of stasis bags.
    Last edited by Ttly; 03-28-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    For the love of fucking God, just listen to your patient.

I've had a medic that just stared at me and said "But you're fine!" even though I had the o2 icon flashing on the right side of the screen and I literally screamed at him to give me peri.

The health analyzer is not the end all solution to being a medic.
    You should keep in mind there's a bug right now where if you get acid globbed and healed, the oxygen indicator will stay. Unless you actively start gasping and slowing down and dying, then it's likely that. And no, we'll have to disagree there because the analyzer is the end all solution. In the time it takes someone to say what's wrong, you can already have the panel telling you everything.

You can infer everything besides larva. O next to a T for brute and it says bone fractures detected + chest/head/groin isn't splinted and no other damage on that spot? It's broken. Oxygen damage over 20 with no blood loss (blood loss also stops at 20ish oxygen so keep that in mind)? Lung damage. If it's a random static number of oxygen even with peri and dex like 35 or 40 or so on, then it's definitely the boiler cloud bug where your oxygen damage doesn't go away over time. Random toxins, probably broken groin and definitely organ damage. Their face is gone and it says there's brain damage and fractures? Broken head. The analyzer tells you everything you need in order to fix someone and far better than patients most of the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It still doesn't tell you about broken chest if there's no brute damage on it.
    But yeah, sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    It still doesn't tell you about broken chest if there's no brute damage on it.
    But yeah, sure.
    It does. The analyser will give the usual "bone fractures detected" spiel, and will show the chest as having 0 brute and burn damage with a little T -- which is very distinct from, you know, the body part not showing up at all. This is always indicative of a broken chest.