Date of Incident
    September 15, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Cabal 'NOD' Shephard

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Unknown

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    At the time of the post.

What rule(s) were broken:
    Pred Dishonor code etc

Description of the incident:
    I was fighting alongside some marines in LV. As always, shooting at darkness and benos. But THEN! Pred with Scythe comes DIRECTLY from the direction that benos are currently and starts slashing. If shoot, he retreats to benos, then goes back and attack again. When he went into large group of marines and was damaged, he just whipped stun gun and escaped probably.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Check logs. I'm sure there are logs where I shoot beno and got hit by pred in less than 5 seconds without provoking it.

How you would punish the accused:
    Take that damned griefing shield untill raport is made. Also take that whitelist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I'm the predator in question, R'kaa Kvasha. So, throughout the round I was generally passive as usual, just watching people fight. Was moving around and you fired slugs at me. I was like, alright, if t- You fired more slugs at me. So I marked for you the hunt. I didn't engage you for a good bit, just watching you and looking for a good opportunity to strike. We were northwest of the nexus, in that little space between the buildings where you and some marines were firing on some retreating xenos. Given your speed and angle, it was unlikely you'd be able to give much chase and you were more or less firing into darkness. So I came out, and attacked you. I had the scythe, though I wasn't aiming for the head, and I ended up cutting off your leg before your friends almost killed me after I tripped a claymore that was behind you. I got out barely in crit, and then was ahelped about breaking the code. I told my story (To Forest) and I checked here for the report. I don't believe I committed any violations, as throughout the round you had constantly fired slugs at me while I was cloaked. Including the point where I was watching you by the northwest area near nexus. So you obviously wanted to fight, I never attacked you while you were personally chasing down a xeno or were being attacked by a lurker or anything, you and your squad was more or less isolated after leaving the safety of hydro. I didn't attack any other of your squad mates until I was took deep in crit to continue fighting, in which I took out my plasma caster and used LPC to fall back and heal up. I didn't continue to do much the rest of the round since I didn't want any more potential issues being brought up given Forest informed me that you were likely to make a player report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking it over and reviewing the honor code, I did however notice I did break this one by LPCing the marines chasing me as I was trying to escape. "Any prey or group who actively pursues/engage the Predator themselves, who the Predator is not hunting/disrupting. This does not apply to groups pursuing the Predator after they have engaged targets in front of offending parties (Groups defending a FOB/Hive or defending others are not considered unworthy)" Which would indeed be a violation of the worthy prey rule, and I should have just self destructed instead.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Aracino marking Cabal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs of first encounter and other xenos in the area
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Second encounter as well as marines defending CABAL. Aracino uses LPC on them to disengage:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp sent:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2nd ahelp:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

PMs with Aracino:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 09-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aracino View Post
    - Snip -
    Preds need to learn that:
    a) It's hard to distinguish them in a split second from Lurkers.
    b) They are giving the same pings on MD as benos do.
    c) Any movement in darkness can be beno and thinking otherwise leads to death.
    Since Directional light is a thing, I'm using MD and I'm shooting at darkness with pings all the time.

I didn't knew that it was a pred round untill you hit me with Scytche. That would be fine in itself, but you went directly from the side where benos were. You didn't waited for me to be isolated, there were benos and other marines on the same screen. This has to count as interfering with the flow of the round. I bet there are logs of me shooting at beno (and hitting it) and you slashing me in a span of 10 seconds. I'm nearly 100% sure that I never hit you with my weapon before your first scythe hit on me. At this point I guess rules have to change, or preds players should learn that walking around xenos is just asking for shooting as nobody has time to look at every single mob on the screen and then avoiding shooting it, especially since even FF happens. It's almost like baiting marines, all it takes is few bullets flying next to said pred and he starts his murderboing.

I started to notice this pattern of behaviour in pred players lately.

Preds shouldn't walk around benos who are being shoot at, or chased by marines and then just valid marines. Valid, not hunt, because hunt would require actually telling me I'm being hunted. And how can I be unworthy If I had no interactions with your pred?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Can't edit posts... And I didn't saw logs after making previous one... Shame)

If those are all the logs, then I'm correct that I never had any interaction with Your pred. And you attacked me just 2 seconds after beno neuroed me, it proves what I said. If beno neuroing is "good opportunity to strike" and it also isn't simply helping benos kill marines, then I don't know what could count as it.
    It's fine that I was choosed as hunt target, but what "honorable" is there to attack marine who is fighting with benos, in heavy armor and neuroed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV Is an exceptionally small map. I had been watching you for a good bit of time waiting for you to be isolated. When the xenos that were close by were relatively harmless and unable to properly engage, that is when I moved in to attack. You were given prior warning that I would be hunting you with the hunting mark, so I did not do this without informing you prior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I did not notice the airburst neuro. Preds can't get any indication that you are under the affects of neuro, as air burst and normal neuro have the same sprite so it's hard to tell if it missed or not. As far as I could tell you were more than combat capable with your shotgun readied and (due to the wield slow) appearing to move at normal speed.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aracino View Post
    LV Is an exceptionally small map. I had been watching you for a good bit of time waiting for you to be isolated. When the xenos that were close by were relatively harmless and unable to properly engage, that is when I moved in to attack. You were given prior warning that I would be hunting you with the hunting mark, so I did not do this without informing you prior.
    I never noticed any "hunting mark" (I don't even know how it looks like). Probably missed it during FIREFIGHT with benos, but it still stands. You knew I was fighting benos the second time you came for sure.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting perilously close to a shouting match so cool it off. Unless you are providing information that will help with this report you need to stop bickering because it's not going to get anywhere useful.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001