User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unknown - Pred Dishonor code etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were not fighting xenos when I marked you. It marked you several minutes prior to the engagement, and the xenos nearby were not a threat given you had several marines with you. As far as the logs tell there were only two xenos nearby, which I don't believe constitutes as the frontlines, just some random skirmishers that were near that road. I made sure that when I attacked you, you had full health and weren't being pounced on or dragged off or anything along those lines by either of the xenos nearby, given by the time I approached those xenos were retreating and weren't looking to engage in the conflict. If I did join the attacking, those xenos would have had logs of attacking you or your allies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    This is getting perilously close to a shouting match so cool it off. Unless you are providing information that will help with this report you need to stop bickering because it's not going to get anywhere useful.
    Right, I'll leave the information that I've posted on the table and let the council/moderators decide the outcome of this.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I take too long on this one, I'm going to be installing the new pred council and when that is done we will address this problem as quick as possible.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were marked not to mention attacking the pred. It is not hard to tell a lurker from a predator even cloaked. If you seriously cant do that much then you might need glasses my friendo. As aracino said the only part they actually fucked up on was LPCing the group chasing them. As one third of the council and NOT speaking for anyone else in the council this is a huge non issue when it comes in regards to your interactions with them cabal. If anything from what i see theres a little more than just suppressive fire being shot at an invisible thing and you were borderline instigating the fight anyways (lucky they preemptively marked you for hunt really). Alls i can really say is "watch you fire". Coz if youre just shooting randomly at pings in the dark youre gonna hit all manner of things you shouldnt
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    You were marked not to mention attacking the pred. It is not hard to tell a lurker from a predator even cloaked. If you seriously cant do that much then you might need glasses my friendo. As aracino said the only part they actually fucked up on was LPCing the group chasing them. As one third of the council and NOT speaking for anyone else in the council this is a huge non issue when it comes in regards to your interactions with them cabal. If anything from what i see theres a little more than just suppressive fire being shot at an invisible thing and you were borderline instigating the fight anyways (lucky they preemptively marked you for hunt really). Alls i can really say is "watch you fire". Coz if youre just shooting randomly at pings in the dark youre gonna hit all manner of things you shouldnt
    So now marines are forced to not shoot at every ping, or they might get marked for hunt (or marked as unworthy in the worst case scenario)? It's not that hard, but if you are a marine and you don't shoot at a glimpse of something moving in the darkness, then you need to play more as one. What other thing besides pred don't emit light, but makes MD ping and moves in darkness that I shouldn't shoot?

Is there anything in logs that I attacked pred? All we have is words against words as evidence.

Should preds "hunt" marines when they are near other marines, when they are actively fighting with (and chasing) xenos?

Besides, I don't have any issue with me being attacked, or killed. What I have issue is a pred helping benos. He attacked me with benos on the same screen, he attacked me when I was neuroed, he retreated where benos were, he walked where benos were. Now we have to watch out to not hit preds who walk around benos?

At this point I'm really starting to think that whitelist is just griefing shield.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other things that make an MD ping- Farwa, Naera, monkeys, mice, survivors, retard marines who take off their ID and meme around. And thats just the things that ARENT meant to hurt you and vice versa. So yea marines shouldn't be shooting at every ping that goes off. Youre meant to be a trained marine who can show some trigger discipline (obviously you arent and neither is 98% of the community but NOT clicking a mouse button is alot easier than not shooting your mate who turned his light off).

I can almost garuntee you the predator wasnt "working with the benos" considering last i checked the translator dosent work with xenos (it may have been updated but even if they could communicate i highly doubt they were working together. From what i saw in the logs it was bad timing that you got hit by a sent just as they were coming in to hit you. Ive had it happen before myself and if youve ever played highspeed melee castes of xeno you know you often have to click on a sprite while half a screen away still because of timings etc. They didnt merc you while you were down and from what i can see pulled back straight away and stopped attacking. Also just because youre on the frontlines or fighting dosent mean your safe. Long as youre still at max combat efficiency you can be hunted? Dont know where people keep getting this notion that theres such a thing as a "safe space" you cant get attacked long as you were fit and worthy.

logs cant, dont and wont ever show everything in a situation. If ultimately your complaint is "they were working with xenos" Then as you say in defense against shooting at the pred "Is there anything in the logs" in which case no, i can see nowhere where the xenos and aracinos pred have gotten together and decided "yea lets work together". and until logs show otherwise. Non issue.

You can think the role is a "griefing shield" or whatever if you like but fact of the matter is its an antag role. An already heavily nerfed by mechanics and rules one at that so the fact you manage to get "griefed" by it is somewhat laughable to me. But frankly the fact that the councils still exist proves otherwise. Like i said though i only speak as part of the council not for the council though, this is by no means a "final decision"on the matter. Just my personal opinion and exactly what id be saying in our council chat
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said that pred was directly working with benos. But he was walking around xenos and he came from the general direction where benos were. I'm pointing out obvious flaw in honor code, or whatever restrains preds.
    You are saying it's valid to be a pred, walk around benos, then rush your target who is actively engaged with foes, slash him, escape back to where xenos are, then attack again, but this time stun 10+ marines, thus disrupting the flow of the round where marines are supposed to fight benos?
    What is this different from that one report where pred shoot LPC at marines rushing Queen? If they are allowed to do what this report is about, then why they aren't allowed to do what that report was about? Pred in that case had no intention to help benos, he wanted to kill the Queen himself.

Again, I have no issue with just the fact I was attacked. I have no issue for being marked for hunt for shooting at darkness and pings. My issue is pred walking around benos, my issue is pred coming directly from beno direction, my issue is pred slashing "worthy" marine in front of other marines and benos, my issue is pred engaging more marines in "self defence" in front of benos, my issue is pred "scaring off" marines from chasing benos, my issue is pred not considering Runner and Spitter as viable threat to a marines, my issue is pred indirectly helping benos.
    Being in combat with benos isn't really a "safe space", how could anyone call directly fighting with benos as a place that is safer than fight with pred? You will die either way, it's even easier to kill honorable pred than it is to kill a runner, or lurker 1 vs 1, so I don't see this as "safe space".
    So if marine is marked, then he should throw everything he was doing away, because some pred put a mark on him and did jack shit for 5 minutes? Isn't that like totally ruining round of a marine? Oh, I was marked, better to sit in one place, wait for pred to come here and kill me, otherwise he might just pop out during combat with marines and stun whole squad for "self defence" where benos will just come and slash everyone and this will be valid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I was the sentinel who was fighting CABAL in the west nexus part. They were kind of in the middle of fight with me . Then much to my surprise a predator went in the middle of the firefight and whipped out his scythe even if they were still in 'contact' with me. So i disengaged for a little bit. I was confused on why they did that. As i remember the positioning was like this when they appeared. The circles were approximate of our positions. But i remember CABAL fighting me near the walls of the nexus.

I have a drone accompanying me for my plasma. And some lurkers who appear there time to time when they're skirmishing. But there were no lurkers at the time it happened.

Hopefully this can add something.

Blue - Approx CABAL/Deltas position. The direction they were fighting us.
    Green - Approx pred location when they whipped out the scythe
    Red - My approx location after disengaging when i saw the pred.

Last edited by Sakuyoi; 09-23-2019 at 03:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's about right as far as our positions went.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's exactly how it was. Pred could come only from direction where Xenos were.