User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerkface Events are Bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerkface Events are Bad

After the most recent and notable Jerkface event where the only worthwhile part of the entire round was a whitelist councilmember mass griefing with a predator self destruct on max blast, it was clear that round was a total washout; he didn't even restart the round, nor did he even notice until minutes later. This shitshow persisted for an hour, for the most epic HvH of "melee only allowed."

Take the round where he removed vendors and marines couldnt get pouches because the vendors had scopes in them.
    Or the one where theres shitloads of unflankable chokepoints with heavy machine guns where loads of standards have to die to get to the combat (oops thats most of them).
    Shoutout to the predator players that had to kill like 10 super aboms without hunting traps.

Its like the fun is optimized out of the game with every single event, why can't we just change game mode? Why are we pretending this is fun for anyone except staff that spawn shit and make mods answer the ahelps for it? What the fuck are they thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have nothing against Jerkface, given that I barely know him, but almost every single event I've seen him run has been questionable at best and a borderline disaster at worst. I don't know if things have changed since I was staff, but I imagine a lot of it is due to him springing them seemingly out of nowhere, with little to no communication (at least that I ever saw) with other staff either in msay or asay, and often with a lack of preparation that would have frankly embarrassed me to no end if I were the one running the event(s) in question.

Changing the game mode off distress signal and/or restarting the round altogether after borderline unfixable mass grief seem like obvious, basic things for someone who's been running these events since before I even started playing. It reflects badly on those staff members who put genuine effort into ensuring event quality and even trying to keep them somewhat lore-friendly, and who are willing and even eager to hear feedback in OOC or Discord after the event concludes. I don't know if I've ever seen Jerk respond to any feedback whatsoever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget the events where he decides to spawn endless waves of pirates out of the blue for some reason.

The moment I see Jerkface is making an event, I've got a strong urge to just leave the server and come back after 3 hours when they finally decide to end the shitshow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the most recent and notable SoubleWhenWhet thread where the only worthwhile part of the entire thread was a member of the community making a post targeting a specific member of the community and showing how assblasted he was, rather than speaking to the heads about it, it was clear that the thread was a total washout; he didn�t even request the thread closed. This shitshow persisted for an hour, for the most epic unproductive salt-thread.

Take the thread where he made a report against Sirlordington for shitposting in General chat on discord after being warned and was kicked.
    Or the one where he quit council because he couldn�t keep G1 synths in the game and couldn�t change the lore.

It�s like the reasonable nature of the thread is optomised out of the forum with every single thread, why can�t we just change the poster? Why are we pretending this is fun for anyone except the people posting here. What the fuck are they thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Melee only events are shit though, they've never been fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    After the most recent and notable SoubleWhenWhet thread where the only worthwhile part of the entire thread was a member of the community making a post targeting a specific member of the community and showing how assblasted he was, rather than speaking to the heads about it, it was clear that the thread was a total washout; he didn�t even request the thread closed. This shitshow persisted for an hour, for the most epic unproductive salt-thread.

Take the thread where he made a report against Sirlordington for shitposting in General chat on discord after being warned and was kicked.
    Or the one where he quit council because he couldn�t keep G1 synths in the game and couldn�t change the lore.

It�s like the reasonable nature of the thread is optomised out of the forum with every single thread, why can�t we just change the poster? Why are we pretending this is fun for anyone except the people posting here. What the fuck are they thinking?
    You can use the copy tool with Ctrl+C and then paste with Ctrl+V if you are having trouble spelling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    You can use the copy tool with Ctrl+C and then paste with Ctrl+V if you are having trouble spelling.
    I just like pointing out how dumb you sound with these type of threads, i cOULd wrITe iT lIke tHIS if you want next time :^)

Contact a head if you have a complaint rather than just bitching in a non-productive manner.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 09-15-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just like pointing out how dumb you sound with these type of threads, i cOULd wrITe iT lIke tHIS if you want next time :^)

Contact a head if you have a complaint rather than just bitching in a non-productive manner.
    Implying anything in these events are productive.

Quite honestly I don't mind jerkface, but I think that his events are generally poorly planned and are quite simply bizarre when it happens. From out of nowhere something new crops up with no explanation behind it. Or a unbalanced mess that turns into a whitewash because they can't counter marines or vice versa.

Also solid, as much as you edited it out. Calling someone a mong and then scrubbing it when someone gazes over it is low.
    Last edited by Mann handle; 09-15-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann handle View Post
    Implying anything in these events are productive.

Quite honestly I don't mind jerkface, but I think that his events are generally poorly planned and are quite simply bizarre when it happens. From out of nowhere something new crops up with no explanation behind it. Or a unbalanced mess that turns into a whitewash because they can't counter marines or vice versa.
    Public dogpiles aren't acceptable, my dude. I am not personally a fan of the events, however, we have better methods to deal with issues and ones which don't publicly shit on someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Public dogpiles aren't acceptable, my dude. I am not personally a fan of the events, however, we have better methods to deal with issues and ones which don't publicly shit on someone.
    If you have an issue with the content of this thread, I would highly recommend that you make a player report or contact a member of staff, preferably after editing out the insults in your posts.\

That being said, what about the events don't you enjoy?