User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerkface Events are Bad

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm yes, these events are fun for the whole family. I remember perfectly the autism that was the first capture the flag event he wanted to do. Spending till 2-3am respawning marines, teleporting people over and over, or when someone got gibbed making them an entirely new body.

I don�t know if any staff have had the joy of helping anyone run such an event, but you shouldn�t if you want to keep your brain cells.

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even throwing shit at jerkface, but staff events have been bad for a long time. Older events when we had different head staff for instance. These events would consist of the same formula every time, ran by the same person, and had the same outcome. They were fun the first couple of times, but after the 10th time you�d ask yourself, �Does this person have any imagination.� I remember when I was admin we were told no meme events, don�t really do events with aboms, or god forbid 10. Don�t forget when we were told no meme events, and now I see one all the time. Or someone fucks up an event and gets demoted.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admin events are rarely fun, on any server. It just changes stuff up too much. It one thing with a small nudge here and there to spice things up but it an other with weird events.

Meh hit and miss on events really in the end. You win some and loss some.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was always the same shit. Jerkface comes on and hijacks the server with a low-effort high-impact event. I am 100% certain that this is a vehicle for him to feel powerful and to impose his will. I unironically believe that. These gimmick events are appealing to a starry-eyed newcomer who gets infatuated with novelty but even they will feel frustrated given exposure. Jerkface is incredibly selfish and does things only for his benefit. I have seen other events by admins, even the ones that flop you can tell that there was an earnest try and lessons learned.

Feweh and Jerkface used their power to impose their will. That is what they gain. They hide behind whatever bullshit lies they convinced themselves to feel good about being able to have control for a few hours. If you think I am batshit insane for saying this, then you have no self-awareness for the kind of deluded bullshit you convince yourself every day.

Ask yourself this: Have you ever seen Jerkface do anything except hop on and hijack the server?
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 09-15-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closing this because it simply isn't productive. There are better ways to discuss these things than just starting a shit-flinging contest, and the OP is very much aware of that. If you want different events to happen or think there's something in particular that might be a better idea, talk about those. If it's feasible to do, an admin or Jerk might just try it.

Not sure why the pred briefing bomb is being brought up like it was intentional, considering the player was permabanned afterward.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Event Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

I'd just like to let everyone know, or remind some folks, that as far as feedback, criticism, and suggestions are concerned; I operate with an open-door style policy. Feel free to message me on discord if you'd like to talk to me about basically anything I do in regards to CM.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm not the evil-overlord as described by imheretohelp. As I can't recall having ever really spoken to him before about anything other then about how we decided to close applications for mentors, I'm also not sure where he has come to the conclusion as to my intent, or why I do things the way I do. Again I would refer you to doing that sensible thing, and talk to me if there's something you'd like to address. I'm happy to explain my actions. You might not like my reasons, you might disagree with them. But you'll at least know why.

~Jerkface