Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank Getting Removed

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good, game was better without tank
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen more rounds won without the tank than with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank was a huge filthy mess, it broke too many xenos when it died on top of them, blocked too many marines, and kept the meta stale. I've been suggesting having some mini slugs, like larger ATV's, or... METAL SLUGS, like those in the Metal Slug series. Two mini metal slugs, 1x1 or 2x2, these sick babies would be so much cooler, one weapon each, more compact so they can go through 2x2 tiles, and they're not big enough to run over T3's and Defenders.

Three Weapons I suggest are a minigun/grenade launcher/flamethrower, and the TC's have to buy one of their choice, but there can only be one of each per game. As for armor there's light armor for speed, or heavy for defense. As for treads, durable for durability, and spiked for damage on running over smaller T1's at the cost of health.

Then some slick colors for each one, make it look hot. Boom, these hot motherfuckers.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    My fear is that those things you mentioned are pie in the sky hopes and we won�t have ANY form of mechanized combat in a long, long time.

Buuuuut, considering you are Cabal your super agent spy network probably gives you better indication of what will be released soon. Looking forward to combat trains.
    I remember seeing screenshots of the inside of the APC not too long ago. I think they are making some headway with it. It looked really cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace the tank with combat mechs that can be constructed by MT's that are actually just bootleg work loaders with pulse rifles attached to the arms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    APCs can also work but well it be an APC, an Armored Transport Carrier . It would have meh fighting capabilities.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Meet the BTR-90. Equipped with the 30mm 2A72 autocannon and the AGS-17 30mm Frag Launcher, it can tear apart infantry with formations with ease.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The American equivalent would be the M2A3 Bradley, equipped with the M242 25mm autocannon, an M240C machine gun mounted coaxially, and a TOW missile system. Short of firing large-calibre rounds and engaging in tank-on-tank warfare, there is nothing a tank can do that an APC can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think an APC would just end up being a fairly boring job unless it was a Bradley equivalent, and then it would just be the Tank but strictly better.

I think Exosuits would be the way to go. Make them construct-able by Research or MT's. Hell, let marines construct the Gygax on LV.

Or just, don't replace it with anything. Just buff marines to compensate.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yall keep saying buff marines, but last time tank was removed marines started doing better. Tank slows down marines like crazy and tends to FF a lot of marines (especially with autocannon).