Byond ID?
    Mitchelle Ramirez

CM Character?
    Allen Staffer

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    PST (cali)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    as things are, about 20 since this is all i play

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Sadly no

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Used to be Yog and Bad Deathclaw, but not anymore

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    N/A

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I wish, but no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope, only a three hour ban cause i was a dumbass (non EROG)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    only job ban from engie, but not ban ban

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    I'll do my best

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    PM the victim and the shooter to figure out what really happened. If the shooter did it on purpose, then check their note history and proceed. If accident, and seems honest, then warn.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is gonna get repeatative, but again, PM the predator while gathering info from the player on what exactly happened. As i'm still learning the honor code and such, would have to go over it for clarification. Most likely just explain the pred is in the right or give them a warning unless notes point to more serious action.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    PM the poor lad, and try to help them get the basics down while, if i'm allowed, to get an MP to help them IG to help

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Keep calm, never let your emotions get the better of ya, cause that never really helps. As for that, my past in a call center says to escalate it to my superior with the info of what's happened to the best of my knowledged without creating a bias. I don't know if that's the right path but yeah

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check the list, and if the player is right, PM the "John Doe" and explain they need an actual name, as i think that's a not allowed name

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Again, i'd PM the MT and ask what's going on. Explain that as it's Green Alert, he can't be armed and armor. If he's not working with me, then warn and, if i can, sleep him.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check the logs, if the survivor is telling the truth, explain to the player that it's allowed and an IC issue. If the survivor lied, warn them... i don't know the SOP for deaths with griefs so i don't know how to compenstate the player if that's a thing. So i'd ask for clarification as things are now.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    PM the MP and ask why they perma'd the player. If the MP has followed Marine Law and the Player has other crimes for it, then it's an IC issue. If not, explain they can't just perma the poor lad and have them relase them.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    It really depends on the map and circumstances. Based off just this, I'd make the marines push by PMing the Commander OR Queen Mother the aliens to die a glorious death. Now, if the 4 aliens have the lz and just won't launch due to waiting for numbers, then i'd let them and try to get the marines push. If the aliens are in caves and Marines are at lz, then aliens push.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since i'm playing, I'd assume the SOP is to ahelp a staff member. if not. then i'd ahelp the player and get their side first in an attempt to not make a mistake. but serious, that's pretty guilty. If he's actually griefing, warn unless note history, then try to help the marines who were affected

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    IC issue, EORG only applies to FF, not fighting enemies. Tho i'd still politely ask them to not just for logs sake.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    PM the aggressor why he's doing that, make a note on his behavoir, and check their note history. It's a bit frusating TBH cause i'd be down for a sleep and having him be cryo'd for that but I know I can get a bit aggressive so I'm trying to be more patient.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    That's a simple one, Improper escalation. Player gets a warning unless has a note history of it. Still don't know what to do with the dead.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Tell a higher up while using OOC to say the mutiny is improper and action will be taken if they proceed. As i don't know the full powers of a mod, no clue if i can actually sleep them or what.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd PM the accused and ask them to tone it down a bit. We may be an 18+ server, but we are trying to be accomindating for all

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Finally, a clear cut ban hammer. Yeah, i'd give a heads up to my boss, mark the player's name, and from my experiences with this, heal those affected.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the larva and ask why. If they don't give a good answer (i'm lost, wasn't aware) that's a warning and/or jobban from xenos.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd PM the memer and ask them to stop, as no netspeak and to respect their queen. If they don't, sleep them, give a heads up to my boss, and at least write a note.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    yeah, I'd PM the first xeno and just give them a heads up that they shouldn't call it Dropship as they don't know those words but nothing else really. If repeated ahelps about LRP, then a note but pretty minor issue. (and yes, i know we're trying to make it more M/HRP but no need to go ham on the poor lad.)

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the CiC person about they shouldn't know it and to not be spreading that knowledge yet. Again, shouldn't be anything beyond that unless they keep trying warn about them.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Oh boy, this is tricky as i've had one mod say that is allowed and an IC issue while i've had another say that's not allowed. I'd say it is allowed if the marine gives me a really good IG RP reason, with the stipulation on if there were no other pods the player could of reached in time without blowing it up.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell a higher up about it, then warn the player publicly in dchat (PMs if LOOC) to tone it down and if he has any complaints to write a staff report and let the rest be in peace.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd say there's nothing much we can do. As much as it sucks going SSD , doubly so in a fight, its a risk when playing CM. Wait, as a mod, i can hit him with the IC issue auto response! (tho i'd probably not use it much in all honesty)

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    In house issue, ask the admin privately for clarification on why and if they knew, and if we can't resolve it, take it to a higher up.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Stay away from this in all honesty, barring needing to get a higher up involved.
    Too many cooks spoil the broth and having me peanut gallery won't really help.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    The townhall today (Sept. 15 2019) kinda got me to try want to do more to help with improving the community and player happiness.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being understanding, as we are all humans here and thus the situations and cirumstances will fluctuate

Anything else you
    Never ask me anythinig else, *laughs
    I'm a dork, and im just wanting to be more helpful

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Mitchelle Ramirez, thank you for your interest in joining the Moderation team. I'm going to go over your application answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffer | Ramirez View Post
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I wish, but no
    Could you elaborate on this please?

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    only job ban from engie, but not ban ban
    Could you elaborate on this please? What got you Job Banned from Engineer, have you had this ban lifted, and what server was this?

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    This is gonna get repeatative, but again, PM the predator while gathering info from the player on what exactly happened. As i'm still learning the honor code and such, would have to go over it for clarification. Most likely just explain the pred is in the right or give them a warning unless notes point to more serious action.
    Due to Yautja being whitelisted roles we are unable to enforce their whitelist specific rules, any breach in the Honour Code or Synthetic Guidelines need to have a player report filed. You are right to investigate however as this will drastically streamline the report process.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    PM the poor lad, and try to help them get the basics down while, if i'm allowed, to get an MP to help them IG to help
    It is a good idea to ask if they've read the rules, and link them to the Rules Page and Marine & Xeno Quickstart Guides.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Keep calm, never let your emotions get the better of ya, cause that never really helps. As for that, my past in a call center says to escalate it to my superior with the info of what's happened to the best of my knowledged without creating a bias. I don't know if that's the right path but yeah
    For us no player has the right to demand to speak to someone else. If you feel you cannot handle the aHelp professionally you can pass it to someone else online, but they don't have the right to force you to do that.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Again, i'd PM the MT and ask what's going on. Explain that as it's Green Alert, he can't be armed and armor. If he's not working with me, then warn and, if i can, sleep him.
    This is an IC issue. It may be wise to ask if they're new to the game, but they're not breaking the rules by being geared up.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check the logs, if the survivor is telling the truth, explain to the player that it's allowed and an IC issue. If the survivor lied, warn them... i don't know the SOP for deaths with griefs so i don't know how to compenstate the player if that's a thing. So i'd ask for clarification as things are now.
    If it was grief you can aHeal the victim. Please note that TrialModerators are unable to aHeal and you will need the help of a full Moderator.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    PM the MP and ask why they perma'd the player. If the MP has followed Marine Law and the Player has other crimes for it, then it's an IC issue. If not, explain they can't just perma the poor lad and have them relase them.
    The MP responds and tells you the player was arrested with the charges of Trespassing and Theft. What do you do?

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    It really depends on the map and circumstances. Based off just this, I'd make the marines push by PMing the Commander OR Queen Mother the aliens to die a glorious death. Now, if the 4 aliens have the lz and just won't launch due to waiting for numbers, then i'd let them and try to get the marines push. If the aliens are in caves and Marines are at lz, then aliens push.
    I'm ok with this answer, but what would you do if it was 15 xenos vs 60 marines, with neither side pushing?

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since i'm playing, I'd assume the SOP is to ahelp a staff member. if not. then i'd ahelp the player and get their side first in an attempt to not make a mistake. but serious, that's pretty guilty. If he's actually griefing, warn unless note history, then try to help the marines who were affected
    You are correct, SOP is to get some else to handle it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    IC issue, EORG only applies to FF, not fighting enemies. Tho i'd still politely ask them to not just for logs sake.
    Hostile factions do not create FF logs and do not count as EORG.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    PM the aggressor why he's doing that, make a note on his behavoir, and check their note history. It's a bit frusating TBH cause i'd be down for a sleep and having him be cryo'd for that but I know I can get a bit aggressive so I'm trying to be more patient.
    Good to see you acknowledge your imperfections. And yes, sleeping them and putting them in cryo is a surefire way to fail your trial. Remind them that round-start shenanigans are against the rules.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    That's a simple one, Improper escalation. Player gets a warning unless has a note history of it. Still don't know what to do with the dead.
    aHeal would be the appropriate recompense.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Tell a higher up while using OOC to say the mutiny is improper and action will be taken if they proceed. As i don't know the full powers of a mod, no clue if i can actually sleep them or what.
    You can sleep people, but this is not ideal initially. Moderators can also use MOOC or XOOC to talk to a specific side in OOC.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd PM the accused and ask them to tone it down a bit. We may be an 18+ server, but we are trying to be accommodating for all
    We are explicitly not an 18+ server. All actions on the server are PG13 only. Minor racism is tolerated to a degree but asking people to tone it down is the best option.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Finally, a clear cut ban hammer. Yeah, i'd give a heads up to my boss, mark the player's name, and from my experiences with this, heal those affected.
    You do not need to inform highers that you are banning someone, although on your trial it can be a good idea to seek advice when banning people.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd PM the memer and ask them to stop, as no netspeak and to respect their queen. If they don't, sleep them, give a heads up to my boss, and at least write a note.
    Again, you don't need to give people a headsup. Your actions are your call. So long as you follow our procedures you can do what you feel is best.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    yeah, I'd PM the first xeno and just give them a heads up that they shouldn't call it Dropship as they don't know those words but nothing else really. If repeated ahelps about LRP, then a note but pretty minor issue. (and yes, i know we're trying to make it more M/HRP but no need to go ham on the poor lad.)
    This is explicitly written in the rules under our roleplay standards. The hivemind is a direct translation of thoughts, and therefore calling a dropship a dropship is completely fine.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Oh boy, this is tricky as i've had one mod say that is allowed and an IC issue while i've had another say that's not allowed. I'd say it is allowed if the marine gives me a really good IG RP reason, with the stipulation on if there were no other pods the player could of reached in time without blowing it up.
    This is very circumstantial. While it is permitted for a marine to kill another in order to get on an evac pod, this is an extreme measure and should only be done in the worst cases. An investigation into the situation is recommended whenever this happens.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell a higher up about it, then warn the player publicly in dchat (PMs if LOOC) to tone it down and if he has any complaints to write a staff report and let the rest be in peace.
    You should not handle this yourself, even if it's minor, you should always ask another member of staff to handle it. Equally, don't call people out in public where avoidable.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd say there's nothing much we can do. As much as it sucks going SSD , doubly so in a fight, its a risk when playing CM. Wait, as a mod, i can hit him with the IC issue auto response! (tho i'd probably not use it much in all honesty)
    Avoiding the use of AutoResponses where possible is excellent.

Your last note was on the 23rd of August, this and a few of your answers means I do not currently believe you are suitable to join the team. If you can go 30 days note free and update your knowledge of the rules then I may change my mind. Until then it's a no from me.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by forest2001; 09-16-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Missed a quote.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to what was said above, a bit of lackluster grammar, and some doubt, as well as the fact I have no idea who you are, and that coupled with a few unsatisfactory answers makes it hard for me to give this a yes

So currently a -1 from me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello thank you for applying, but I'm going to cut to the chase. You have a bit of a note history including a recent note for some bad behavior as an MP.
    At this moment I cannot accept this application.

I'm going to recommend you go at least 30 days without getting another note and you may try again.

Thank you for your time.