User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we do something about the metarushes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to stop metarushing is via admin abuse. You can�t force no marine to follow orders like a mindless drone.

Don�t know if the FOB thing is true but before they nerfed the guns (again) because xenos mad, being stupidly aggresive was the only certain way to win. (And yes people play for win it�s 2019 people get over it)
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 09-23-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't rush back to the nest after fucking provoking an entire squad, And don't drag marines to the queen. That tends to help alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It's still just my opinion and I'm basing it on my own beno experience. As Defender Main I have never died during FoB siege. It's stupidly easy to just come to the cade, slash it time, or two, escape, heal and go back there. Hell, with Defender Strain you can go to the cades, activate foritify and just collect bullets that do 0 damage to you, or your armor, where other benos slash and do whatever.
    I don't even know how you can play beno and simply die at FOB siege outside of being stunned by accurate slug fire, or SADAR, or mine, or nade, or just never retreating when you are about 50% HP. I just simply can't understand that thing.
    When marines are completely locked into their cadelines by xenos pressure and the cadelines/defenders are slowly being whittled away, then yes, Xenos very rarely die, and marine defeat planetside is almost assured (and usually followed by dchat salt about "metaevacs"). Where xenos deaths happen a lot more is when one of two things are happening.

The first is when the marines are skirmishing in front of the cadelines before retreating to it when xenos push and immediately counter-pushing as soon as the xenos push stalls. This can very easily rack up kills on overextended xenos, and the constant loss/regaining of ground means that marines can recover many of their casualties in the process. The classic example of this is the back and forth between LV hydro and tfort/containers/caves.

The second is when the marines are holding the cadelines easily with good fallback cades and xenos try to break the cadeline with a boiler/queen backed push, succeed in making a breach, but then have to face marines in the fallback cades unloading into them while trying to mop up the marines still in between the two cadelines. With well over half a dozen marines that have favourable sightlines firing constantly, it is very easy for a Xenos to get blocked in the cramped environment or just focused to death before they can retreat, after which marines are often able to simply retake the front cadeline with some quick and clever engineering work before Xenos can rebuild the numbers of healthy Xenos to assault. Big red FOB defenses are a big offender in this regard, at both the entrance to Medical and at Tcomms (if the engineers have actually bothered to fortify them properly).

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havokman View Post

The second is when the marines are holding the cadelines easily with good fallback cades and xenos try to break the cadeline with a boiler/queen backed push, succeed in making a breach, but then have to face marines in the fallback cades unloading into them while trying to mop up the marines still in between the two cadelines. With well over half a dozen marines that have favourable sightlines firing constantly, it is very easy for a Xenos to get blocked in the cramped environment or just focused to death before they can retreat, after which marines are often able to simply retake the front cadeline with some quick and clever engineering work before Xenos can rebuild the numbers of healthy Xenos to assault. Big red FOB defenses are a big offender in this regard, at both the entrance to Medical and at Tcomms (if the engineers have actually bothered to fortify them properly).
    If benos bodyblock eachother, then it's their fault, not marines and this has nothing to do with megaFOBs that we are speaking in this thread. Otherwise we have to put blame on benos for every FF.

This "second" thing can be eliminated when benos don't rush only one tile where cade were destroyed, instead they should take their time to destroy more, to secure retreats. This however would require a bit more time and most benos are simply murderboners, who want to kill as fast and as much as possible.
    With decent benos, megaFOB never becomes a problem.

"First" thing is countered by defenders who guard backlines like boilers.

All of those "meta-things" rise from need. Metarush is from the need of winning, where you have a small chance to win if you turtle. On Trijent it's opposite, you won't survive much without big ass FOB and benos might get bored enough that they will just push on the cades and die.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop dying lmao
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes nothing aliens do will ensure victory, if they have 15-25 aliens to 80 marines we call that GG. Unless you want forced pop balance. Wouldn�t mind a �roll xeno if pop is low� so if xenos have few rolling compared to marines you might get some pity rolled people

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Sometimes nothing aliens do will ensure victory, if they have 15-25 aliens to 80 marines we call that GG. Unless you want forced pop balance. Wouldn�t mind a �roll xeno if pop is low� so if xenos have few rolling compared to marines you might get some pity rolled people
    Of course they can. They have to go stealth and pick off small groups, then escape and hide again.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker gang ain�t stopping a delta ugna ball. And tier 3 are meant to be still young at meta rush time of 12:30. Still like the xeno roll idea because sometimes I just want to help the other side if they seem to be too low on pop

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Lurker gang ain�t stopping a delta ugna ball. And tier 3 are meant to be still young at meta rush time of 12:30. Still like the xeno roll idea because sometimes I just want to help the other side if they seem to be too low on pop
    With the new xeno structures coming in and getting properly balanced, Xenos will be able to have a few mature T3s by 12:30, or even 12:20.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have returned, to stun you all with my genius. I have devised a method for extending LV's rush stage so that the map is not so prone to metarushing.

I call it, Operation Waterworld.

LVFixed.jpg

The learned and perceptive among you may notice that I have extended the river and two small bridges on LV, and have completely disregarded the main Hydro bridge. This servers to funnel marines into long, easily breakable lines, and punishes them with immense slows if they try to walk through the water.

This solution is elegant, practical, and not a shitpost.

Thank you.

-ChainsawMullet, theoretical genius.